'Tactical Defending' has ruined the FIFA series

Comments

• Also in fifa 18 even if u make a good tackle,still the opponent will take the rebound which is ridiculous.But the worst is the shootinh.Its very annoying that almost every shot goes top corner.Ea reduces skill gap so more people will buy it and spend their money on fut.
  • ricardibreezer
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Also in fifa 18 even if u make a good tackle,still the opponent will take the rebound which is ridiculous.But the worst is the shootinh.Its very annoying that almost every shot goes top corner.Ea reduces skill gap so more people will buy it and spend their money on fut.

Shooting is stupid... i don't get any enjoyment from long range shot goals anymore because most fly in. Feels like cheating. Conceding them to someone who hasn't been in the game is even more annonying.
  • ricardibreezer
    It feels like there's been some more tweaking of the gameplay by EA. Defenders auto-tackling has a longer range and is more accurate now, callimg a teammate is more effective.

I get the impression the 'contain' feature at long last being phased out by EA.
  • djeaze45
    61 posts Park Captain
    There are a lot of improvements EA needs to do a lot.
  • AFCA_P
    89 posts Park Captain
    If FIFA is really that sh*t, then how come dozens of people (like myself) manage to constantly play division 1 and become champion in every FIFA. If you can’t manage to win games you should propably find yourself a different game to play. KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING EA!
  • djeaze45
    61 posts Park Captain
    I play bout 90% of ppl on seasons who find glitches and do the same thing or things on there whether offense or defense. Like all out attacking constantly and/or playing park the bus counter attack. I figured out how to stop it by being creative straight-up and thats what i did with the game being broken totally.
  • ricardibreezer
    AFCA_P wrote: »
    If FIFA is really that sh*t, then how come dozens of people (like myself) manage to constantly play division 1 and become champion in every FIFA. If you can’t manage to win games you should propably find yourself a different game to play. KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING EA!

Oh, ok, you are good at a bad game... so the game doesn't need improving. Lol.
  • djeaze45
    61 posts Park Captain
    Im very good but the game has a lot of glitches etc...
  • AFCA_P wrote: »

Lol, I and a lot of other players are div 1 league champions every year... that doesn’t mean the game is good. Just cuz you can win doesn’t mean it was fun. Or that it was entirely up to you. Your record means nothing in this game. There are ppl using pause screen glitches, lag switches and that horrendous kick-off glitch gifts goals to ppl that otherwise would lose on nil!

Use another argument!
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1151 posts Professional
    edited February 2018
    SuPeRz wrote: »
    AFCA_P wrote: »

Lol, I and a lot of other players are div 1 league champions every year... that doesn’t mean the game is good. Just cuz you can win doesn’t mean it was fun. Or that it was entirely up to you. Your record means nothing in this game. There are ppl using pause screen glitches, lag switches and that horrendous kick-off glitch gifts goals to ppl that otherwise would lose on nil!

Use another argument!

Yes.. me being one.. I have a decent record 350-30 but it doesn't matter because this game is so bad. it's possible to be good at a bad game but doesn't change anything... FIFA17 was a bad game.. but 18 is even worse... there's so much Auto Defending and lack of skill in the game, E.A removed the simplest of skill moves which were effective, and made passing double assisted.

I can't enjoy this game anymore, If FIFA19 is the same with awful gameplay then i'm actually going to go to PES.. this is what it's come to.
    Post edited by TacticalTugTeam on
  • forearms
    4816 posts National Call-Up
    forearms wrote: »
    Tactical defending feels like a chore now to me i don't know first off the standing tackle animation is well and truly **** and is just asking for serious problems that will most likely take the ball straight back to the opponent and two sometimes its literally impossible to get the ball the passing is just really easy in this game and because the defensive sytem is not up to scratch it makes it so much harder.

The older fifa games from 09 to 12 your players didn't poke their foot out to try and win the ball back like they do now in these newer games, the tackle animation was much much better and the defenders kept their feet down which actually rewarded the user alot more for timing tackles not punishing well timed tackles like it is now in fifa 18.

I still feel as though manual defending is the way forward but that animation for standing tackles needs to go fast! And contain is just ridiculous now jockey is there for a reason! Either ea do a new defensive system that is fair and rewarding or they fix up the current defensive systems because both tactical and legacy can be improved on especially tactical its just so awful to defend on fifa now especially inside the box.

Maybe a mix of both defensive systems could help? Not sure Also the auto tackles need to go i can sort of understand auto blocks because those are animations ea have put in the game which we have no control over but like i said the standing tackles are the main cause of all the problems if ea fixed those then there would be no need for auto tackle whatsoever...auto tackles are there to cover this horrible defensive system which ea have been unwilling to change for years now.

Also the sluggish gameplay has been happening for years now from fifa 13 onwards whether its offline or online its nothing to do with connection either thats just an excuse from some people fifa 12 was the last fifa game i played that felt consistent every time i played says it all really.

Auto-tackles are fine if the attacker can dribble past it with good timing. But currently when the auto-tackle animation kicks in, it disables the attacker from reacting.

Defending should be 'legacy', it's simple... jickey the space and use 'teammate tackle' when the time is right. Give us smoother dribbling so that the attacker can beat the teammate tackle if the opponent times it wrong.

because its much more fun to let the cpu do all the work for you defensively huh... :rolls eyes:

What the hell do you call "contain"? Idiot.

I call contain what it is: holding the X button so that the player you are "controlling" will sprint faster than possible when behind, and shadow the ball carrier. As I have said before, 1 button being held should not allow a player to move all over the pitch without moving the left stick once! Why not just hold X on offense and have the player you are "controlling" move around and dribble into the best shooting position for you. Its equally as ridiculous as what contain does on defense! The amount of hand holding this game does is a joke.
  • hanezane
    1 posts Ball Boy
    high time fifa resolved the tactical/legacy defending system issue!

i prefer legacy defending, but maybe for future iterations of fifa they could just pick one mode and go with it so that there is consistency for all.

allowing it in online friendlies mode, but not in fut/seasons just doesn't do it for me.

if tactical defending is the direction that fifa wants moving forward, just fix it as the one and only mode and be done with legacy defending once and for all

... and if tactical defending mode doesn't cut it for the some of us, we'll just switch back to winning eleven!

• alencrnalic
    45 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2018
    Hey EA, we want LEGACY back in Online Gameplay! Bring it back for Moms sake.
  • CheekiBreeki00
    69 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2018
    They do it because they want to be able to manipulate who wins games. This is especially evident since the rise of Ultimate Team.

Think about it. If you're a top player and can win with any squad, then you have no reason to try and get good players. But if the game makes you lose sometimes, then you think that getting better players will help you win more = more chance of you buying packs

If you're a rubbish player who literally would never win a single game, you'd find it annoying losing all the time so you'd just quit. Therefore if the game makes them win sometimes then they are more likely to continue playing it = more chance of buying packs (obviously because they won't buy packs if they quit playing)

That's why you used to find a lot more people going something like 200 wins 20 losses but now a lot of people have a very similar number of wins to losses because the game needs to balance it.

By playing the game you're essentially playing against a balancing machine.

If I quit the game for a few months and come back, I win the first game I play 100% of the time. The controls are fluid, passing precise, tackling precise, everything goes how you'd expect. Then after they've got me back playing they start messing it up again so it's all choppy and rubbish.

If they don't change this then I won't be playing their games ever again. What's the point of playing a game that chooses whether you win or not, solely by your past results? Garbage.
  • They do it because they want to be able to manipulate who wins games. This is especially evident since the rise of Ultimate Team.

Think about it. If you're a top player and can win with any squad, then you have no reason to try and get good players. But if the game makes you lose sometimes, then you think that getting better players will help you win more = more chance of you buying packs

If you're a rubbish player who literally would never win a single game, you'd find it annoying losing all the time so you'd just quit. Therefore if the game makes them win sometimes then they are more likely to continue playing it = more chance of buying packs (obviously because they won't buy packs if they quit playing)

That's why you used to find a lot more people going something like 200 wins 20 losses but now a lot of people have a very similar number of wins to losses because the game needs to balance it.

By playing the game you're essentially playing against a balancing machine.

If I quit the game for a few months and come back, I win the first game I play 100% of the time. The controls are fluid, passing precise, tackling precise, everything goes how you'd expect. Then after they've got me back playing they start messing it up again so it's all choppy and rubbish.

If they don't change this then I won't be playing their games ever again. What's the point of playing a game that chooses whether you win or not, solely by your past results? Garbage.

It's hard to disagree but I only ever got 22 points in div1 in my two year history. My buddy went right through and won it losing 2 . I think if your playing someone at your level . It's a coin flip