Comments

  • james2060
    2990 posts Fans' Favourite
    The only purpose of a lower ranked team to qualify, is to make England fail at another major tournament, having failed to beat 10 man Macedonia in the final group stage game.

    Terrible concept either way
  • Razer94
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    james2060 wrote: »
    The only purpose of a lower ranked team to qualify, is to make England fail at another major tournament, having failed to beat 10 man Macedonia in the final group stage game.

    Terrible concept either way

    well if i'm not wrong only countries from GROUP A can qualify for EURO 20. The other countries in Groups B/C/D can only advance or be relegeted frome theirs group. And i agree, it's a stupid concept.
  • Ahmer50x
    25066 posts Player of the Year
    I think it's a great idea to replace friendlies, but the implementation probably could use some tweaking.

    Either way, go Wales!
  • NoVardyNoParty
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    What a group 4 good luck with that
  • Nem
    6615 posts Big Money Move
    So this gets underway once again in a couple of weeks.

    Seems we've got Iceland and Denmark in our group this time round.
  • Nem
    6615 posts Big Money Move
    ESM8wYiXkAAG3F8.jpg
  • Stlducks
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    I really wish I knew flags.
  • Wyojasond
    14918 posts Has That Special Something
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Are they doing bubble like setups for the matches? Seems a bit mad to have players traveling this much. Especially with the new seasons about to start right before this.

    Guess that’s the life of a footballer right now though 🤷‍♂️
  • Pietu
    7251 posts Big Money Move
    Tough group for us but we'll give it everything we've got like always and maybe cause a couple of upsets aswell, looking forward to it! Nothing like seeing your country play in competitive matches, Euros are going to be the best!
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Pietu wrote: »
    Tough group for us but we'll give it everything we've got like always and maybe cause a couple of upsets aswell, looking forward to it! Nothing like seeing your country play in competitive matches, Euros are going to be the best!

    Finland? Group looks easy enough.
  • Pietu
    7251 posts Big Money Move
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Tough group for us but we'll give it everything we've got like always and maybe cause a couple of upsets aswell, looking forward to it! Nothing like seeing your country play in competitive matches, Euros are going to be the best!

    Finland? Group looks easy enough.

    Yeah. Wales is the most difficult out of those, no match will be an easy match though but for the first time in a long time we have an actual team and that's thanks to our head coach and his staff, they have transformed our national team and made the country believe again.
  • Stlducks
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    Pietu wrote: »
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Tough group for us but we'll give it everything we've got like always and maybe cause a couple of upsets aswell, looking forward to it! Nothing like seeing your country play in competitive matches, Euros are going to be the best!

    Finland? Group looks easy enough.

    Yeah. Wales is the most difficult out of those, no match will be an easy match though but for the first time in a long time we have an actual team and that's thanks to our head coach and his staff, they have transformed our national team and made the country believe again.

    Is Pukki still the main striker? With him getting older have them starting getting another one ready or do they still mainly rely on Pukki?
  • Pietu
    7251 posts Big Money Move
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Tough group for us but we'll give it everything we've got like always and maybe cause a couple of upsets aswell, looking forward to it! Nothing like seeing your country play in competitive matches, Euros are going to be the best!

    Finland? Group looks easy enough.

    Yeah. Wales is the most difficult out of those, no match will be an easy match though but for the first time in a long time we have an actual team and that's thanks to our head coach and his staff, they have transformed our national team and made the country believe again.

    Is Pukki still the main striker? With him getting older have them starting getting another one ready or do they still mainly rely on Pukki?

    Pukki and Pohjanpalo in a 442 but Pohjanpalo has had injury troubles a lot which is a shame since he has always been promising and he hasn‘t gotten enough game time at Leverkusen, the 2 things he right now needs is game time, he is loaned to Hamburger for that and to stay healthy to fulfill atleast some of that potential, I still believe he can become good.
  • Tornado31619
    22467 posts Club Captain
    France again, lovely
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    France again, lovely

    Kuwait??
  • Tornado31619
    22467 posts Club Captain
    And Portugal.

    There’s this thing called dual nationality, you know.
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Never heard of it.
  • Jboom98
    716 posts An Exciting Prospect

    Predictable :expressionless: makes no sense having International games where players are coming from different countries then mixing France shouldn't be allowed to play but then again this is the mighty Nations League.
  • Stlducks
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    No. End the stupid tournament and cut back on all International games.
  • Pietu
    7251 posts Big Money Move
    Stlducks wrote: »
    No. End the stupid tournament and cut back on all International games.

    I personally like International games so disagree
  • Jboom98
    716 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pietu wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    No. End the stupid tournament and cut back on all International games.

    I personally like International games so disagree

    Finland :sunglasses::+1:
  • Pietu
    7251 posts Big Money Move
    Jboom98 wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    No. End the stupid tournament and cut back on all International games.

    I personally like International games so disagree

    Finland :sunglasses::+1:

    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Nem
    6615 posts Big Money Move
    Stlducks wrote: »
    No. End the stupid tournament and cut back on all International games.

    International games definitely should've been put on hold for a couple of months, but then their reasoning for not doing that is probably that European games are still going ahead so why not internationals.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3726 posts National Call-Up
    Stlducks wrote: »
    No. End the stupid tournament and cut back on all International games.

    It's supposed to do away with meaningless friendlies, whilst making it easier for smaller Nations to qualify for the Euro's.
  • Pietu
    7251 posts Big Money Move
    Stlducks wrote: »
    No. End the stupid tournament and cut back on all International games.

    It's supposed to do away with meaningless friendlies, whilst making it easier for smaller Nations to qualify for the Euro's.

    And it is doing just that
  • Nem
    6615 posts Big Money Move
    Stlducks wrote: »
    No. End the stupid tournament and cut back on all International games.

    It's supposed to do away with meaningless friendlies, whilst making it easier for smaller Nations to qualify for the Euro's.

    Adds a bit of spice to otherwise dull international friendly breaks.
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Love international footy, hate the friendlies.
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Some good games this weekend.
Sign In or Register to comment.