OT: UEFA Nations League (Draw live now)

Santiago
21486 posts Club Captain
Thoughts on this?

Comments

  • DarthGrowler
    14185 posts Has That Special Something
    I literally only heard this thing even existed yesterday :/
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Money spinning event. Clubs will hate it..
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    I literally only heard this thing even existed yesterday :/

    I have heard of it before because it is probably our (Netherlands) only hope :joy:
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    G12OGN wrote: »
    Money spinning event. Clubs will hate it..

    Better than friendlies tbf
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Santiago wrote: »
    G12OGN wrote: »
    Money spinning event. Clubs will hate it..

    Better than friendlies tbf

    Yeah alot better in that sense, dont know how many times ive avoided England friendlies because its so boring. But clubs will hate the competitive nature of the games. Will tire the players out more.

  • CPFC16
    2073 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it looks alright tbf. Much better than friendlies
  • Currieman
    4918 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2018
    It gives 4 chances of qualifying for Euro 2020 (although I'm not sure exactly how it works) and is being talked about as a way of qualifying for the World Cup as well so it will benefit the lower teams.

    As an England fan I am happy because it brings an end to the **** pointless **** friendlies that we get treated to every few months. At least this will be a bit more competitive.
  • Orison
    47014 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Currieman wrote: »
    It gives 4 chances of qualifying for Euro 2020 (although I'm not sure exactly how it works) and is being talked about as a way of qualifying for the World Cup as well so it will benefit the lower teams.

    As an England fan I am happy because it brings an end to the **** pointless **** friendlies that we get treated to every few months. At least this will be a bit more competitive.

    Nope, we will still play friendlies, just less of them. And we have to play the normal qualifiers as well (just in a group of 5 instead of 6), pointless competition imo.
  • Currieman
    4918 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    It gives 4 chances of qualifying for Euro 2020 (although I'm not sure exactly how it works) and is being talked about as a way of qualifying for the World Cup as well so it will benefit the lower teams.

    As an England fan I am happy because it brings an end to the **** pointless **** friendlies that we get treated to every few months. At least this will be a bit more competitive.

    Nope, we will still play friendlies, just less of them. And we have to play the normal qualifiers as well (just in a group of 5 instead of 6), pointless competition imo.

    Oh well that is ****. Friendlies suck. At least there will be less of them.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    It gives 4 chances of qualifying for Euro 2020 (although I'm not sure exactly how it works) and is being talked about as a way of qualifying for the World Cup as well so it will benefit the lower teams.

    As an England fan I am happy because it brings an end to the **** pointless **** friendlies that we get treated to every few months. At least this will be a bit more competitive.

    Nope, we will still play friendlies, just less of them. And we have to play the normal qualifiers as well (just in a group of 5 instead of 6), pointless competition imo.

    You don't need to play the qualifiers if you win the ticket though I assume?
  • Orison
    47014 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Currieman wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    It gives 4 chances of qualifying for Euro 2020 (although I'm not sure exactly how it works) and is being talked about as a way of qualifying for the World Cup as well so it will benefit the lower teams.

    As an England fan I am happy because it brings an end to the **** pointless **** friendlies that we get treated to every few months. At least this will be a bit more competitive.

    Nope, we will still play friendlies, just less of them. And we have to play the normal qualifiers as well (just in a group of 5 instead of 6), pointless competition imo.

    Oh well that is ****. Friendlies suck. At least there will be less of them.

    I mean those will basically be friendlies for us. Nobody will want to get himself injured and winning that group of 5 will be easier than winning the nation league group against almost equal opponents.

    Imo we will send a B team to those league games and just smash our normal qualifier group. Those league games will be as boring as friendlies imo.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    It gives 4 chances of qualifying for Euro 2020 (although I'm not sure exactly how it works) and is being talked about as a way of qualifying for the World Cup as well so it will benefit the lower teams.

    As an England fan I am happy because it brings an end to the **** pointless **** friendlies that we get treated to every few months. At least this will be a bit more competitive.

    Nope, we will still play friendlies, just less of them. And we have to play the normal qualifiers as well (just in a group of 5 instead of 6), pointless competition imo.

    Oh well that is ****. Friendlies suck. At least there will be less of them.

    I mean those will basically be friendlies for us. Nobody will want to get himself injured and winning that group of 5 will be easier than winning the nation league group against almost equal opponents.

    Imo we will send a B team to those league games and just smash our normal qualifier group. Those league games will be as boring as friendlies imo.

    And then you bottle the qualifiers and cry :trollface:
  • Orison
    47014 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Santiago wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    It gives 4 chances of qualifying for Euro 2020 (although I'm not sure exactly how it works) and is being talked about as a way of qualifying for the World Cup as well so it will benefit the lower teams.

    As an England fan I am happy because it brings an end to the **** pointless **** friendlies that we get treated to every few months. At least this will be a bit more competitive.

    Nope, we will still play friendlies, just less of them. And we have to play the normal qualifiers as well (just in a group of 5 instead of 6), pointless competition imo.

    Oh well that is ****. Friendlies suck. At least there will be less of them.

    I mean those will basically be friendlies for us. Nobody will want to get himself injured and winning that group of 5 will be easier than winning the nation league group against almost equal opponents.

    Imo we will send a B team to those league games and just smash our normal qualifier group. Those league games will be as boring as friendlies imo.

    And then you bottle the qualifiers and cry :trollface:

    Germany is "a bit" better than the Netherlands lmao
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2018
    Orison wrote: »
    Santiago wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    It gives 4 chances of qualifying for Euro 2020 (although I'm not sure exactly how it works) and is being talked about as a way of qualifying for the World Cup as well so it will benefit the lower teams.

    As an England fan I am happy because it brings an end to the **** pointless **** friendlies that we get treated to every few months. At least this will be a bit more competitive.

    Nope, we will still play friendlies, just less of them. And we have to play the normal qualifiers as well (just in a group of 5 instead of 6), pointless competition imo.

    Oh well that is ****. Friendlies suck. At least there will be less of them.

    I mean those will basically be friendlies for us. Nobody will want to get himself injured and winning that group of 5 will be easier than winning the nation league group against almost equal opponents.

    Imo we will send a B team to those league games and just smash our normal qualifier group. Those league games will be as boring as friendlies imo.

    And then you bottle the qualifiers and cry :trollface:

    Germany is "a bit" better than the Netherlands lmao

    You say that now but I could have said the same 8 years ago. Germany their time will also come and then you will be thankful for a competition like this.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Another international tournament for England to dominate over the coming years. Count me in.
  • Orison
    47014 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Santiago wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Santiago wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    It gives 4 chances of qualifying for Euro 2020 (although I'm not sure exactly how it works) and is being talked about as a way of qualifying for the World Cup as well so it will benefit the lower teams.

    As an England fan I am happy because it brings an end to the **** pointless **** friendlies that we get treated to every few months. At least this will be a bit more competitive.

    Nope, we will still play friendlies, just less of them. And we have to play the normal qualifiers as well (just in a group of 5 instead of 6), pointless competition imo.

    Oh well that is ****. Friendlies suck. At least there will be less of them.

    I mean those will basically be friendlies for us. Nobody will want to get himself injured and winning that group of 5 will be easier than winning the nation league group against almost equal opponents.

    Imo we will send a B team to those league games and just smash our normal qualifier group. Those league games will be as boring as friendlies imo.

    And then you bottle the qualifiers and cry :trollface:

    Germany is "a bit" better than the Netherlands lmao

    You say that now but I could have said the same 8 years ago. Germany their time will also come and then you will be thankful for a competition like this.

    No you couldn't. 8 years ago you were good, but we were never as bad as you are currently. We simply got 10x more players to choose from.

    You were always going to struggle as soon as your golden generation is gone.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2018
    Orison wrote: »
    Santiago wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Santiago wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »
    It gives 4 chances of qualifying for Euro 2020 (although I'm not sure exactly how it works) and is being talked about as a way of qualifying for the World Cup as well so it will benefit the lower teams.

    As an England fan I am happy because it brings an end to the **** pointless **** friendlies that we get treated to every few months. At least this will be a bit more competitive.

    Nope, we will still play friendlies, just less of them. And we have to play the normal qualifiers as well (just in a group of 5 instead of 6), pointless competition imo.

    Oh well that is ****. Friendlies suck. At least there will be less of them.

    I mean those will basically be friendlies for us. Nobody will want to get himself injured and winning that group of 5 will be easier than winning the nation league group against almost equal opponents.

    Imo we will send a B team to those league games and just smash our normal qualifier group. Those league games will be as boring as friendlies imo.

    And then you bottle the qualifiers and cry :trollface:

    Germany is "a bit" better than the Netherlands lmao

    You say that now but I could have said the same 8 years ago. Germany their time will also come and then you will be thankful for a competition like this.

    No you couldn't. 8 years ago you were good, but we were never as bad as you are currently. We simply got 10x more players to choose from.

    You were always going to struggle as soon as your golden generation is gone.

    You said 'a bit' better though :trollface: We were definitely better than Germany around 2010 (until 2012 happened and you guys destroyed us)

    Also I see what you are saying in your last sentence and there is no way our current team can be as good as the golden generation BUT it is still no excuse for us not qualifying. It's about time guys like Depay start performing. Hopefully Koeman can get things going. (Assuming he will be assigned)

    France and Germany RIP :joy:
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Santiago wrote: »
    I literally only heard this thing even existed yesterday :/

    I have heard of it before because it is probably our (Netherlands) only hope :joy:

    Germany and France.. :joy:
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Pointless competition imo :trollface:
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    The goal is now to score 1 goal :D
  • Orison
    47014 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Santiago wrote: »
    Pointless competition imo :trollface:

    Quick turn of events. Not today little boy :trollface:
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Santiago wrote: »
    Pointless competition imo :trollface:

    Relegation to group B confirmed :joy:
  • jpsblue
    3884 posts National Call-Up
    international relegation is going to be a new low for us :D
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Wtf is this!?
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Peter wrote: »
    Wtf is this!?

    A qualifying tournament for the EUROs
  • NornIron
    11062 posts Has That Special Something
    Good for the young payers coming through, England will still play the same 11 as usual.
Sign In or Register to comment.