Locked formation in game?

iWilshere_19
2005 posts Fans' Favourite
Think they might look into it like draft?

Comments

• bfogs
    62 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No. Maybe a time restriction (ie can't change formation until halftime). Changing formation midgame is one of the biggest keys to victory.
  • AlwaysDisappointed
    1765 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2018
    Imagine taking tactical adjustments out of a sports game.
  • Layton8212
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero
    No they will never lock it, stop moaning and deal with it
  • Robbenhood
    1434 posts Professional
    bfogs wrote: »
    No. Maybe a time restriction (ie can't change formation until halftime). Changing formation midgame is one of the biggest keys to victory.

No formation changes and no subs until halftime would be great
  • truegunn3r
    8256 posts League Winner
    Robbenhood wrote: »

Great idea. Only forced changes such as subs because of injuries/red cards and formation changes because of red cards otherwise at halftime.
  • Koning Spijker
    1073 posts Professional

There is not a single coach in the world that says right before kick off “Wait!!! Lets quikly change our formation to 41212 narrow, the **** with you wingers, go try and find your luck in central striker position or something”
  • GeorgeGervin
    1429 posts Professional

There is not a single coach in the world that says right before kick off “Wait!!! Lets quikly change our formation to 41212 narrow, the **** with you wingers, go try and find your luck in central striker position or something”

Agreed
  • Koning Spijker
    1073 posts Professional
    truegunn3r wrote: »

Great idea. Only forced changes such as subs because of injuries/red cards and formation changes because of red cards otherwise at halftime.

So actual no manual pause. That could be a nice idea. I mean you check and tie your shoelaces, so you just have to check and make sure you have enough battery in your controller
  • Phinnonymous
    271 posts Sunday League Hero

I seriously don't get why it bothers you guys that much!
    And honestly: Allowing formation change only after halftime is BS. When I see that my formation doesn't work against a good opponent I change it after 20 minutes already.
  • Layton8212
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero
    I pause at kick offf and go from 532 to 4312, matthaus cb cost me 720k, his cm card costs 1.4 million. Do i spend an extra 700k to please my opponent or pause at kick off? Thats right i pause, and then when i score i dab. It makes my balls tight knowing theres folk out there squeezing there joy pads with anger while watching the clock tick down
  • Alex_cr
    3687 posts National Call-Up

I seriously don't get why it bothers you guys that much!
    And honestly: Allowing formation change only after halftime is BS. When I see that my formation doesn't work against a good opponent I change it after 20 minutes already.

Yeah, this is the thing. We have to live with the 1st minute changes as it's totally a legitimate thing to change after 20.

Anyway, I'm with you - I don't see the big deal. I'm not one who does it by the way.
  • fluffymnuffy
    12515 posts Has That Special Something
    Layton8212 wrote: »
    I pause at kick offf and go from 532 to 4312, matthaus cb cost me 720k, his cm card costs 1.4 million. Do i spend an extra 700k to please my opponent or pause at kick off? Thats right i pause, and then when i score i dab. It makes my balls tight knowing theres folk out there squeezing there joy pads with anger while watching the clock tick down

I like how you're showing the size of your brain in your profile pic
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional

But IRL the players also don't become slower or weaker or less skillful because you put them as striker instead of a wide forward.
  • Layton8212
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero

I like how you're showing the size of your brain in your profile pic

Wow someone call the banter police and arrest this boy straight away
  • phep
    1294 posts Professional
    Metalfly wrote: »

But IRL the players also don't become slower or weaker or less skillful because you put them as striker instead of a wide forward.

In some cases they might. Play a random winger at CM or CAM for example, their positioning would be well off. Also, wingers tend to be suited to only being pressed from one side by a fullback. If they’re struggling to find any space they lose their composure and their passing will suffer. I’ve seen it with Ben Arfa at Newcastle. He wanted to play through the middle, but he was so much more effective on the wing since he had so much more space to work with. Put him in the middle and he’d never find a yard of space and couldn’t pass it to save his life.
  • Tornado31619
    14566 posts Has That Special Something
    No they will never lock it, stop moaning and deal with it
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    truegunn3r wrote: »

Agree with this. Also chemistry changes need to apply.

• Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    phep wrote: »
    Metalfly wrote: »

In some cases they might. Play a random winger at CM or CAM for example, their positioning would be well off. Also, wingers tend to be suited to only being pressed from one side by a fullback. If they’re struggling to find any space they lose their composure and their passing will suffer. I’ve seen it with Ben Arfa at Newcastle. He wanted to play through the middle, but he was so much more effective on the wing since he had so much more space to work with. Put him in the middle and he’d never find a yard of space and couldn’t pass it to save his life.

Sure that's due to their unfamiliarity with positioning, which isn't programmed into FIFA, the way FUT is set up it's not exactly going for realism, so I'm not sure what the point is trying to compare it with real life.
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    Something has to be made about the constant pausing at the start of the game to change formation
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12320 posts Has That Special Something
    Seriously get over it...
  • Boommaametw3
    1477 posts Play-Off Hero

So stupid. You play with someone uses the wings a lot, you need to adjust your play to deal with it. If you wait till half time you may lose already.
  • Robbenhood
    1434 posts Professional

So stupid. You play with someone uses the wings a lot, you need to adjust your play to deal with it. If you wait till half time you may lose already.

Who the hell uses the wings this year?
  • Thrillho
    1116 posts Professional

• Sterve
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why not just make chemistry dynamic.
  • iNero
    777 posts Semi-Pro

Its not tactical adjustments 95% of the time its to cheat chem and get fast players central
  • UoD
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    No point in locking formations (that's not realistic) - just revamp the chem system, or enforce the chem system in-game.

That's the only sensible solution - until then we'll have to put up with all the unimaginative sheeple first min-changers, who enjoy dabbing following a ping pong fest.
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    Just do what PES do, as soon as a player is not playing in their natural position their ratings receives a penalty, however the more you play that player in that position the more they will improve until eventually it becomes a new natural position.

Although that would make people hold onto their players for longer, which probably isn't what EA wants as they want to encourage trading to make people spend.
  • Vert
    15353 posts World Class
    Thrillho wrote: »

tactical lmao
  • Alex_cr
    3687 posts National Call-Up

Who the hell uses the wings this year?

If you come up against 3 at the back you wanna be using them wings!
  • tzinc
    1574 posts Play-Off Hero
    pausing at the start is as realistic as CHEMISTRY CARDS position change cards etc THE WHOLE GAME IS NON-REALISTIC

how is no subs or formations until half time REALISTIC it is not

I APPLAUD THE PAUSE AT START OF THE GAME it undermines EA BS system of CHEMISTRY POSITIONS etc that requires people spend MONEY To make the team "playable"