The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Toty Marcelo

Ugri
7461 posts League Winner
Got him for 790k, see him in the evening going to 950ish so could sell for some profit.

I cannot justify his price, to be honest not a huge difference to Sandro...dissapointed tbh.

What do we think?

Comments

• VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Posted in the TOTY thread ... Dani already sold off and Marcelo is currently listed. Will only make ~20k but don't really mind at this point.

I mentioned there that I changed back to Alex Sandro & SIF Vrsajlko - sold fullbacks - just what I need there - won 10/10 games tonight with them.

Can't justify the TOTY pairing for the extra 1.2M in coins.
  • Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner
    Posted in the TOTY thread ... Dani already sold off and Marcelo is currently listed. Will only make ~20k but don't really mind at this point.

I mentioned there that I changed back to Alex Sandro & SIF Vrsajlko - sold fullbacks - just what I need there - won 10/10 games tonight with them.

Can't justify the TOTY pairing for the extra 1.2M in coins.

Thanks @VanBasten12 I ragesold! Alves for 20k loss but will sell Marcelo with 100k+ profit.

I will try Caros prime( buying from market) as he needs to be in the same team as Ronnie.
  • Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner
    Whats if Vrsajlko like? I need a defending rb, any better than Valencia and co?
  • Ghoti
    724 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ugri wrote: »

simmilar i`m using him for 30 games ~~ and he is pretty ok.
  • Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner
    Ghoti wrote: »

Thanks. That pretty ok is...was looking for that perfect rb...any ideas?
  • Noisy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero

SIF Vrsajlko is a great all round full back who has good finishing if you get the chance with him.
  • Daveofwales01
    8395 posts League Winner

I found him to be solid defensively and decent going forward, if Rosales is pretty good too.
  • Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner

I found him to be solid defensively and decent going forward, if Rosales is pretty good too.

Ill give him a go, nothing to loose, still gutted Alves is crap...
  • weims
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite

Favourite RB to date is TOTGS Kimmich (who is H/H)

Vrsaliko is solid, nothing too special for me.

IF Valencia is the popular choice amongst the pros but is also 500k now...

Else the game really lacks an outstanding RB
  • Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner
    weims wrote: »

I had totgs kimmich, agree one of the best but as i sold i wanted someone fresh. Alves isint it so....
    Valencia was solid and i also llikes Semedo! Gonna try Vrjsalko and wait for prime Zanetti
  • weims wrote: »

Kimmich is H/M.
  • I'm really enjoying Marcelo and Alves, it's early days though. Before I got them I was using totgs Kimmich and Sandro, who were both decent enough.
  • Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner
    Skybluestu wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying Marcelo and Alves, it's early days though. Before I got them I was using totgs Kimmich and Sandro, who were both decent enough.

Can you justify the huge coin difference? Alves doesent defend, so if you need a winger he is great!
  • Joestoe
    I'm still playing with NIF Valencia, played over 400 games for me now and has scored like 30-40 goals with some assists as well. Doing the defensive work just fine too, no complaints whatsoever.
  • weims
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite

Kimmich is H/M.

Golly you're right. Why have I always thought he was H/H?

Anyway one out of left field - starting to consider CB Matthaus at RB, his stats actually look compelling
  • Ugri wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying Marcelo and Alves, it's early days though. Before I got them I was using totgs Kimmich and Sandro, who were both decent enough.

Can you justify the huge coin difference? Alves doesent defend, so if you need a winger he is great!

I have a stacked team so I can justify it. I play 4231 and have my full backs on always overlap, so i like them to get involved in the attack. Also I have my CDMs set to stay back, and I find that they cover the gaps when the full backs are making their way back to defence. Like i say though its early days as i have only used them in divs and the DKT. We'll see how I feel after a WL!

To be honest I can't see my opinion changing on Marcelo, but It could on Alves. I've already decided though that if I end up selling Alves I'll play Marcelo at RB on 7 chem as he has a 4* WF, and then I'll bring in Carlos for LB.

• Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner

I have a stacked team so I can justify it. I play 4231 and have my full backs on always overlap, so i like them to get involved in the attack. Also I have my CDMs set to stay back, and I find that they cover the gaps when the full backs are making their way back to defence. Like i say though its early days as i have only used them in divs and the DKT. We'll see how I feel after a WL!

To be honest I can't see my opinion changing on Marcelo, but It could on Alves. I've already decided though that if I end up selling Alves I'll play Marcelo at RB on 7 chem as he has a 4* WF, and then I'll bring in Carlos for LB.

I have almost same instructions and with other backs i was fine but AI Alves didnt move a bit to defend. Marcelo has it all but i rather have Carlos and im thinking moving lb Sandro.
  • krambizzle
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    I packed Marcelo and i think he is quite good, definetly better then Sandro
  • LeonidasJB
    15038 posts World Class
    Prime Carlos is the best attacking LB coins can get you.
  • Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

Thanks! How is his defending though? I can see he is quick enough but does he get back and have those aggressive defending?
  • VanBasten12

@Ugri ... The problem for me is that Alves was not a great RM (352). Both him and Marcelo felt ... clunky. I found 86 Roberto Carlos better than both - combined - when used at LM. My get the Prime when I go back to 352 again.

SIF Vrsajlko is solid. Nothing special going forward and not going to set the team alight. But hey, currently that's what I am looking for in fullbacks. I've decided they're not the position I want that many coins invested in.

Does mean the all 80's+ team is on hold. May be able to do it when TOTS is done - will surely be better cards to choose from.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain

Kimmich is H/M.

Golly you're right. Why have I always thought he was H/H?

Anyway one out of left field - starting to consider CB Matthaus at RB, his stats actually look compelling

He looks solid for RB
  • razor_ro
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Haven’t tried TOTY Marcelo, but I did try Dani Alves TOTY for 450k, I couldn’t justify the price either, IF Sergi Roberto with Shadow does a good enough job, not much difference
  • Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner
    razor_ro wrote: »
    Haven’t tried TOTY Marcelo, but I did try Dani Alves TOTY for 450k, I couldn’t justify the price either, IF Sergi Roberto with Shadow does a good enough job, not much difference

I have an untradable Sergi in the club, gonna try him :blush:
  • LeonidasJB
    15038 posts World Class

Thanks! How is his defending though? I can see he is quick enough but does he get back and have those aggressive defending?

He gets up and down the pitch with no problem at all. He is quite strong in the tackle and quite often muscles the wingers of the ball.
    Personally his height is his only weakness.
  • Koolfashion
    2749 posts Fans' Favourite
    I love Marcelo, he is a class, definately the best left back. Avles is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ though.
  • Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner

He gets up and down the pitch with no problem at all. He is quite strong in the tackle and quite often muscles the wingers of the ball.
    Personally his height is his only weakness.

Sounds good, thanks! Not so concerned about his height, everyone around him is tall, should be more than enough!
  • Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner
    I love Marcelo, he is a class, definately the best left back. Avles is **** though.

Couldn't agree more on Alves. My BIG question is if Marcelo is worth his price? Directly comparing with Carlos who is his ONLY competition really..
  • BenzP7
    8294 posts League Winner
    Carlos is class though. I mean the Prime. Also Icons usually perform better than their stats so I think Carlos is better
  • Ugri
    7461 posts League Winner
    BenzP7 wrote: »
    Carlos is class though. I mean the Prime. Also Icons usually perform better than their stats so I think Carlos is better

Yeah I loved his loan, after Marcelo sells Im picking him up