OT: iPhone back up software, not iTunes?

XxRichiexRichxX
30220 posts National Team Captain
So today, my p.o.s. iPhone 7 Plus **** the bed, randomly shut off today while I was at work and has been caught in a bootloop. For those that don't know what at means, basically my iPhone tries to turn on, but never get's past the Apple Logo.

My phone isn't jailbroken and I believe it's got the latest iOS 11.2.2 as I typically update as they release. I've tried hard reboots. I've booted it in recovery mode and connected it to iTunes tried the "Update" route, but it ends up failing. I've manually gone back and installed 11.2, which runs through fine, get's to where I enter my pass code and then the recovery process, but then get's caught back in a bootloop when it reboots. I'm now trying the "Update" route again since it's not got an older iOS on it, to see if that solves it, I just got to the part that I have to enter my pass code and then it loads everything.

However, if it doesn't work and I'm not 100% sure when the last time I backed up my iPhone, anyone know of any good, preferably free or cheap software that are capable of backing up my phone while it's in recovery mode?

Comments

• Koll
    1447 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    I hope you tried getting in touch with Apple already. If it's happened to you it has most likely happened to someone else. Not sure if it's possible to backup your phone with a 3rd party software, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it. See if you can try using iTunes on a different machine, or make sure that iTunes is up-to-date.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Koll wrote: »
    I hope you tried getting in touch with Apple already. If it's happened to you it has most likely happened to someone else. Not sure if it's possible to backup your phone with a 3rd party software, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it. See if you can try using iTunes on a different machine, or make sure that iTunes is up-to-date.

Nah, I can't get iTunes to recognize my phone outside of Recovery mode because my phone is locked and requires a password.

I'm trying to avoid having to do a clean install and losing everything.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    And as an update... it's still caught in a bootloop. As if I needed further convincing that this would be my last iPhone.
  • Koll
    1447 posts Professional
    See if you can go to an Apple store or an Apple re-seller. I've done some research and in many cases it's a hardware issue.
  • Azof
    15055 posts World Class
    Apple products in 2018, only yourself to blame
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Azof wrote: »
    Apple products in 2018, only yourself to blame

Lmao. I know I know. I've only ever used their iPhone's because I'm not the biggest fan of Android's, my old one guy super buggy within a month of use and that was with me only downloading 5 total apps.

Like I said, in the OP, it's my last apple product.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    iCloud should back up overnight automatically unless you’ve turned that off?
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Get an android next time ;)
  • M98H
    11997 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2018
    Had that with mine last year, had to reset it on iTunes on the computer. There's Probably an easier way though.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    M98H wrote: »
    Had that with mine last year, had to reset it on iTunes on the computer. There's Probably an easier way though.

i tried that last night, lmao, even resetting it completely didn't work. leads me to believe it's a hardware issue.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    www.icloud.com
    Login
    Settings
    Click your iPhone
    Just under the image of the phone will tell you the last date of backup