God teams.. Pay 2 win

Napoli9
1964 posts Fans' Favourite
edited January 2018
I havent spent any money on the game at all. When the game first came out I hit elite, 2 times within the first 2 months.. September and once in october. now Im struggling to win Gold 1/2, Im taking a bad beating this WL.. With all these god teams, like Ronaldo and Messi and all these ICON teams.. Its just really hard keeping up.. Its not fun trying your hardest with an average team facing up against these monster squads.. How do most of the people with average teams fair it.. I thought I had done well investing and getting a few decent pulls like my Hamsiik... My team is roughly worth around 1.2 MIL My best player is 87 Mertens and Rui Costa.. Any advice on what you guys are doing to keep up with these teams is greatly appreciated.. Sempre Napoli

Comments

• Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    Napoli9 wrote: »
    I havent spent any money on the game at all. When the game first came out I hit elite, 2 times within the first 2 months.. September and once in october. now Im struggling to win Gold 1/2, Im taking a bad beating this WL.. With all these god teams, like Ronaldo and Messi and all these ICON teams.. Its just really hard keeping up.. Its not fun trying your hardest with an average team facing up against these monster squads.. How do most of the people with average teams fair it.. I thought I had done well investing and getting a few decent pulls like my Hamsiik... My team is roughly worth around 1.2 MIL My best player is 87 Mertens and Rui Costa.. Any advice on what you guys are doing to keep up with these teams is greatly appreciated.. Sempre Napoli

1.2 mil is nothing tbh for this year sadly, as soon as i get a decent run in the weekened league, all teams you come up against are worth 10 mil or so. Don't know how so many people are running teams like these, rarely came across god squads last year but its a common occurance this year
  • A half decent player with 3 or 4 icons will have an advantage over a decent player without icons.

The ball seems to fall to these icons, they are quicker and stronger and their shots are OP.

Played one player with Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira and Petit - he had little skill and hoofed the ball up to his attackers all game long. Sooner or later they will slip past the defence with their OP speed and with their shooting it's game over.

Pay to win.

Icons should be banned from WL as should auto passing and shooting.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fact is... most of the time these top teams suck at fifa. Because...
    A.. credit card team
    B.. traded for team.

The times when the opponent has a top team and woops u..
    A.. earned team, great player.
    B.. similar skill level but better players.

You can't be garbage and own an elite just cos u have icons.

• Thefranchise92
    8433 posts League Winner
    I don't understand why they okay weekend league. Instead did trying to get free packs just continue playing to win and play seasons
  • bigpokey24
    5998 posts Big Money Move
    Why do you lose sleep over teams with icons etc. I have no icons and I still enjoy the game, when I get to gold 3 or 2 I stop playing. You should not get worked up over teams you match up with icons ...win lose etc you get to play on...if people want to spend their money on cards etc let them.. .you should enjoy the challenge of matching better teams. You actually improve. Maybe you could pull a high end card and add thar card to your squad... playing with low rated cards is actually a good way to improve your game play... when you now get those icons, yoy tend to dominate none stop
  • jplumber
    2108 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2018
    V_Babu_V wrote: »
    A half decent player with 3 or 4 icons will have an advantage over a decent player without icons.

The ball seems to fall to these icons, they are quicker and stronger and their shots are OP.

Played one player with Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira and Petit - he had little skill and hoofed the ball up to his attackers all game long. Sooner or later they will slip past the defence with their OP speed and with their shooting it's game over.

Pay to win.

Icons should be banned from WL as should auto passing and shooting.

Especially vieira just stands there and sucks up the ball. He must have an inbuilt magnet. I still dont get how EA can design a game in which autoblocks and interceptions play such a huge role