Bumping/body blocks into the referee

mascherano16
1147 posts Professional
Am I the only one facing this issue?
Almost every game there is a moment that one of my players gets in contact with the ref.
Most of the time it slows my player down. Very annoying.

You should be able to just walk trough the ref, not so realistic but would ensure better gameplay

Comments

• mascherano16
    1147 posts Professional
    Happened so many times again over the past weekend, surely I can't be the only one facing this?
    Have lost lots of scoring opportunities or defending error due to this.
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    nah happens every game man, always at the worst time too when you're chasing down someone spamming through balls etc.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9273 posts League Winner
    i dont get why the ref is even on the pitch, its a video game.. just take him off the pitch, not like he needs to be there...
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12956 posts Has That Special Something
    The ref loves getting in my way when I'm trying to defend :D
    Lost a few goals because of the ref being in my road
  • mascherano16
    1147 posts Professional
    This is one of the most annoying thing imo. It should be easy to fix it

Also I haven't seen it happening to my opponent yet
  • ChrisMagicman13
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    I had it earlier once in 3 games. The worst was in the WL last weekend, I was running with Fernandinho and ran right into the ref and it was almost as if they got tangled and I couldn’t move, in any direction, I got tackled and not a word of a lie I conceded from the through ball made by the guy who tackled me. That put me 3-2 down and having gone on the attack from kick off, defender blocked me and I never saw the ball again. The lad just passed it around his defence, ran to my corner and held it, then ran back to his goal and the whistle went. That was me done for that weekend
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    i dont get why the ref is even on the pitch, its a video game.. just take him off the pitch, not like he needs to be there...

Yeah I totally agree. I know we'll get ridiculed for this, but the ref should be a ghost in EVERY online mode.

Have him there for kick-off, as your football simulator, but I shouldn't be losing a game because the ref blocks my player off when he shouldn't be in the way. Lost 4-5 in a game of FUT champs to it once, which just shouldn't happen in a competitive mode
  • Demon_reborn
    2692 posts Fans' Favourite
    What about when a striker knocks down your defender and now its 2 vs 1 and you get fd over?

Also why do defenders fly up the pitch? The ball can either be played about without pressin l1 or up the field and one of my cbs will be making a stupid run up into the box ffs?

Can anyone explain this one.
  • AzizaG
    2503 posts National Call-Up
    What about when a striker knocks down your defender and now its 2 vs 1 and you get fd over?

Also why do defenders fly up the pitch? The ball can either be played about without pressin l1 or up the field and one of my cbs will be making a stupid run up into the box ffs?

Man thinks hes cahill b
  • JGCramp
    1373 posts Professional
    You should be able to just walk trough the ref, not so realistic but would ensure better gameplay

This would be fitting since the ref always seems to be invisible when a foul happens and no call is made.
  • woggyboy86
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero

Same thing always happens to me. No matter if I'm playing attacking or defensive or using Ramos or Bailly. They'll always make that unnecessary run

• shamheff1989
    2438 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why they cant just get rid of the collision detection on the ref I don't know. They seem to have no bother dropping it down when it comes to things like tackling the opponent...
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    It's so freaking annoying, and I'm quite sure they do it on purpose to make it look more realistic or something.. Well, it absolutely screws up my gameplay from time to time..
  • yogibear
    921 posts Semi-Pro
    Goes both ways. No biggie.
  • Dazzler
    1846 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not really bothered about ref issue happens now and then however what really annoys me is the regular occurrence when my player is slightly off balance and I shoot and he falls over and is then out of the game for a split second or so.

Oh and injuries we don’t need that in ultimate mode and have them rolling around the floor for ages.
  • DangerZone
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Happens in real football.. how annoyed would real players be when the ref **** up the real game