Why isn't there a 41212 (2) guide?

Batman_Llanber
1161 posts Professional
Im really surprised no one has done a guide on this seeing as most people use or change to it? Is it because it takes no skill to use it this year? I used to love the 41212 wide a few years ago but it's non existence anymore :(

Im a 442 user but struggling against the 41212 (2) and have no understanding on how to use that formation. I struggle with it while other people steam roll over me.

So what do you do when using the 41212 (2) quick passes? Counter attacking play? Im intruiged to find out what makes this formation pop as would like to maybe use it without missing my width. Thanks

Comments

• Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Cause everyone's mastered the sweat play
  • iWilshere_19
    2005 posts Fans' Favourite
    No one uses that formation....
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    No one uses that formation....

:D
  • Fifafuthed
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Don't join the dark side m8 you will miss the width. You wanna play good football not that narrow, ping pong, counter attack ****. Check out @Littleland95 4 4 1 1 guide.
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    Fifafuthed wrote: »
    Don't join the dark side m8 you will miss the width. You wanna play good football not that narrow, ping pong, counter attack ****. Check out @Littleland95 4 4 1 1 guide.

Im currently trying the 41212 wide out but will check the 4411 guide out too :) Thanks
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    41212(2) guide:

Everyone on stay back apart from the front three all on stay forward and get in behind.

Smash a driven pass forward the moment you get the ball and just one two with the three attackers and low driven when near goal.

Recommended players: Fast players. Wingers at striker and CAM, such as Mane, Sane, Lozano, Alessandrini, Martial ect. Achieve full chem by starting in 4321 and switching at kick off. Don't forget Bakayoko is a must.

That about covers it.
  • iWilshere_19
    2005 posts Fans' Favourite
    TWS001 wrote: »
    41212(2) guide:

Everyone on stay back apart from the front three all on stay forward and get in behind.

Smash a driven pass forward the moment you get the ball and just one two with the three attackers and low driven when near goal.

Recommended players: Fast players. Wingers at striker and CAM, such as Mane, Sane, Lozano, Alessandrini, Martial ect. Achieve full chem by starting in 4321 and switching at kick off. Don't forget Bakayoko is a must.

That about covers it.

That’s spot on
  • OZero
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    You still need a guide? Serious?
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    4411 destroys 41212.

Dont be a sweat cretin. Play some actual football.
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    OZero wrote: »

No i don't want a guide i just wanted to see how people use it and what makes it tick, it's a very popular formation so im just surprised there's no guide due to the fact it must be easy to pick up and play
  • OZero

No i don't want a guide i just wanted to see how people use it and what makes it tick, it's a very popular formation so im just surprised there's no guide due to the fact it must be easy to pick up and play

The formation basically only allows ping pong counter through the middle. You can only play that way, hence no guide needed.
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    4411 destroys 41212.

Any tips with the 4411? Mu main formation is 442 does it play like that?

Have you used 442 before is so what are the differences? Thanks
  • DeanoZoff
    Check the thread and try out the ct's suggested on the 1st page... theres loads of different ones to try.

You will find whst suits you soon enough.
  • bberger
    5101 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2018

The formation basically only allows ping pong counter through the middle. You can only play that way, hence no guide needed.

Not entirely true. I used to be a 4411/4231-2 user and switched to 41212-2 for my crossing game.

I love my LB/RB to overlap and smash in crosses. The CDM covers the missing wingback bombing forward, the CAM gives an option to lay bacl and the CMs and STs provide a triabgle to get the wingbacks going.

I barely ever score through the middle (FUTmas Carroll and Arnautovic) but rather from wide play.

ST positioning was just too bad and central in 1 ST formations, constantly crossing it straight into the keeper's path.

Any other 2 ST formation gets me f*** by all the narrow formations you encounter..
  • OZero
    bberger wrote: »

Not entirely true. I used to be a 4411/4231-2 user and switched to 41212-2 for my crossing game.

I love my LB/RB to overlap and smash in crosses. The CDM covers the missing wingback bombing forward, the CAM gives an option to lay bacl and the CMs and STs provide a triabgle to get the wingbacks going.

I barely ever score through the middle (FUTmas Carroll and Arnautovic) but rather from wide play.

ST positioning was just too bad and central in 1 ST formations, constantly crossing it straight into the keeper's path.

Any other 2 ST formation gets me f*** by all the narrow formations you encounter..

That only applies in SB. In online most of the people just spam direct pass counter. You may be the exceptional case.
  • AdrianV
    937 posts Semi-Pro
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    4411 destroys 41212.

Some people can play 'actual football' with 41212 tho...
  • bberger
    5101 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2018

That only applies in SB. In online most of the people just spam direct pass counter. You may be the exceptional case.

yeah I agree. Just wanted to show that it CAN be utilized differently.
  • Fifafuthed
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2018
    :neutral:
  • davelj
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    41212(2) guide:

That about covers it.

Any instructions mate
  • DeanoZoff
    davelj wrote: »
    41212(2) guide:

That about covers it.

Any instructions mate

I instruct you to play with traffic :D
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1281 posts Professional

I'm with you here mate, i use 4-1-2-1-2(2) for crosses with fullbacks as well, and it's excellent.