Prime Van Basten Reviews?

Anyone used him yet? Is he an upgrade over 91 MVB? I have the cards in my club to do the SBC but would like to hear some reviews before dumping all those cards in for an untradeable.

Comments

• Rolls-reus96
    1597 posts Play-Off Hero
    Do the loan version first, its only 10k
  • Tboon
    2471 posts Fans' Favourite
    I really wanted to like him... and I had all the teams ready to submit. But I decided to do the loan version first... and after 15 games I'm a little bit disappointed. He don't feel like a huge upgrade (I've used the 89 and 91 card) and he still feels a bit clunky and slow. His shooting is outstandig, but after 15 games the card feels a bit boring. Unfortunately I'm not going to get him.
  • Tboon wrote: »
    I really wanted to like him... and I had all the teams ready to submit. But I decided to do the loan version first... and after 15 games I'm a little bit disappointed. He don't feel like a huge upgrade (I've used the 89 and 91 card) and he still feels a bit clunky and slow. His shooting is outstandig, but after 15 games the card feels a bit boring. Unfortunately I'm not going to get him.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna try the loan out.
  • Nicku32
    2169 posts Fans' Favourite
    He feels pretty similar to the 89 IMO. A fantastic goal scorer, not super fun, i used the loan 2 games next to Henry last night in DKT.
  • I like him and I wasn't a fan of the 89. I think it helps that I've stuck engine on him this time around to boost his balance, pace and passing whereas I didn't have a chem style on the 89 when I used him. I also didn't find the 89 version's shooting to be that great despite the stats but the 93 can't miss.

Haven't used him enough yet to gauge how good he actually is but I'm impressed so far. I would recommend trying the loan before committing to anything, though.
  • Fatandfurious
    63 posts Park Captain
    I hated the 91 but the prime surprised me. I use 2 striker formation with 87 Bergkamp as the 2nd fun guy around. 87 crespo is absolute amazing for me
    But used mvb for 2 games and scored me 7 goals. I’ll finish the loan and decide later as I’m saving for 86 vieira
  • AEsey
    5999 posts Big Money Move
    Gets the job done
    He's reasonably enjoyable to use
  • Did the sbc and scored a header on his 1st touch and went on to a hatrick in his first game.
    From all tall strikers with 3* skills he felt rather smooth. Play him with hawk as hunter is a waste on his shooting but am tempted to see what it does to his speed vs strength.
    Not disappointed but kinda miss crespos in the box cannonballs. Might move Bergkamp to cam and put prime crespo in there when he’s out.
    Bergkamp and mvb play very well together. Bergkamps positioning and vision provide well for mvb positioning
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    Turns like a tank and not fun to use in my opinion. Thankfully it was only the loan version.
  • Mnark95
    462 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best striker in every fifa I played
  • Tboon
    How do you use him? I'm really struggling but I really want to like him!!

I'm playing 41212 with prime Overmars as striker and prime ADP as CAM.
  • R77LUK
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    He’s lethal!! Just get the ball with him and finesse from anywhere and it usually goes in lol
  • bloody-fouad
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2018
    Uses the 91 and was class,and uses the prime as loan 15 games 27 goals.
  • Tboon
    I didn't like him at all.... but now in know why. I find out I used the wrong instructions (get in behind), now I'm using him on the right way. Unstoppable!!
  • Fatandfurious
    63 posts Park Captain
    Tboon wrote: »
    I didn't like him at all.... but now in know why. I find out I used the wrong instructions (get in behind), now I'm using him on the right way. Unstoppable!!
    I use him get in behind and he’s fine as long as you’re patient and have someone along him with great vision and passing. What instructions and chem you put on him?

• Jamieb333
    341 posts Sunday League Hero
    Always seems to hit the post or crossbar for me. Don't think he fits my play style
  • Tboon
    Tboon wrote: »
    I use him get in behind and he’s fine as long as you’re patient and have someone along him with great vision and passing. What instructions and chem you put on him?

I'm using catalyst and now he feels much better!
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13463 posts Has That Special Something
    I actually liked him...he wins aerial battles and is so clinical inside the box. But if you like pure pace he wont be for you
  • AEsey
    5999 posts Big Money Move
    Hes now scored 32 goals in 18 games for me, he's so lethal

only have one more prime sbc that ill be doing now after van basten and Ferdinand (schmeichel was completed for ferdinands sbc)
    jay-jay
    anyone reckon what price he'll be
  • Ishibum
    12493 posts Has That Special Something
    He bangs these in pretty much every game

and got a rabona with him too...

needless to say, I like the card