So glad I picked up TOTY Kane for 1.57m last night....

SSgtBlunder
948 posts Professional
....now 1.8m and climbing on PS4.

Played a couple of games with him lats night - card stats don't lie. Ultimate target-man. V strong, clinical and not that clunky (I have an Engine applied). I was going to use MvB but this card is another level. Not going to be a better target man than him all game I reckon.

Also picked up a fresh 88 Owen for 525k (for the pace and chem). With 88 Litmanen in the CAM spot behind, I think that's my forward line up sorted until TOTS.

Comments

• RadioShaq
    15089 posts Moderator
    I was surprised to see him so cheap. If I didn’t have all my coins tied up in informs would of got him.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Had actually picked up a fresh 91 MvB 30 mins prior, who I ended up selling for 10k loss just so I could get him.

To get Owen, I had to purge the club of all rare golds/silvers too. Got about 10k left in bank from 2.1m :-/

I suspect his price will drop again when they are all released (before gradually climbing again) but I can't see me getting a better target-man so he'll stay.

I reckon a lot of people went through a lot of saved packs last night.
  • Klerk87
    295 posts Sunday League Hero

Played a couple of games with him lats night - card stats don't lie. Ultimate target-man. V strong, clinical and not that clunky (I have an Engine applied). I was going to use MvB but this card is another level. Not going to be a better target man than him all game I reckon.

Also picked up a fresh 88 Owen for 525k (for the pace and chem). With 88 Litmanen in the CAM spot behind, I think that's my forward line up sorted until TOTS.

Would you recommend him as the attacking cm next to gullit 86 in 442?
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Klerk87 wrote: »

Would you recommend him as the attacking cm next to gullit 86 in 442?

I'm traditional - I think the best place for a strong, clinical, target man is up front.

That said, look at his Passing stats with an Engine! With his 98 stamina, H/H work rates, he'll prob be v good there.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    Still think it's a little risky. Last night was probably nothing compared to how many packs will be opened over the weekend between saved packs and FIFA points. People will have made a lot of money flipping Kanes this week though.
  • Retro_G
    29174 posts Player of the Year
    I would flip him today, buy back later in the week for a reduced price. The most packs will be opened during full TOTY.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I would flip him today, buy back later in the week for a reduced price. The most packs will be opened during full TOTY.

• OZero
    5178 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »

• MidoBro
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Picked him up for 1.5M in PC and he is the best ST in the game, just one thing i don't like is the High/High.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    I could flip him but now he's here and playing, would prefer to keep and use. I haven't got much now in coins to play around with and don't fancy the risk tbh.

I pretty much bought him for the lowest he got on PS4 yesterday so can walk away with that small victory :-)

Focus will now be on the defence. Fingers crossed Buffon and Bonucci get in. If they do, will trade up to them.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Price is still creeping up - now 1.95m, approx 150k more than 24hrs ago.

I think if he goes over 2m I'll sell. Still reluctant though as he's the best out there and fits my play-style perfectly.
  • alex1987
    5523 posts Big Money Move
    Would sell him around 2m.
    Expect him to drop back to 1.5 over the weekend when he's back in packs. Easy 500k profit.
  • HysxteriA
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    Not a fan of skill moves I take it.
  • Chubz
    3223 posts National Call-Up
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Not a fan of skill moves I take it.
    Don’t need, I always use 4star skill strikers but toty Kane doesn’t need ge just bangs it in from all over he is awesome, I sold my 95 pele cause I don’t need him thx to toty kane
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    SELL ASAP. Will drop to 1.5 Mill or less in 2-3 Days and continue to drop from there before settling in a couple weeks.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    MidoBro wrote: »
    Picked him up for 1.5M in PC and he is the best ST in the game, just one thing i don't like is the High/High.

I can tell you right now hear definitely not lmao... honestly there are 2 other cards in TOTY alone that are better STs. Can’t even get started talking about the top Icons. 90 Gullit is also a better ST, just put Hawk or Hunter on him and he’s an elite striker. TOTY Kante is however the second best CDM in the game whine Prime Vieira, might be tied with 88 Vieira, but he’s definitely the second best CDM not named Vieira and a top CM as well. Probably a top CAM too.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    And he's gone. Sold within the last hour for 1.945m - 275k profit after tax.

The trader in me won the battle over keeping him, couldn't turn down that profit after owning him 36hrs.

I'll keep an eye on his price once they are all released. If he's back down to 1.5m again, I'll likely pick him back up again.

SBC Al Soma - get the tracksuit off, you're back in the team!
  • BLUESBOY345
    1429 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would’ve been dumb not to sell. He will drop when the whole team is out and you’ll profit well