Can anyone please explain what is going on?

JBC03FC
3336 posts National Call-Up
Right, I expected nonsense in WL, but the last 2 seasons games I just played, this is happening;

1 - My opponents players - every single one of them - play with higher intensity.
They are absolutely rapid!
2 - Opponents players never misplace a pass and receive the ball with first touches out of this world, ball sticks their feet, and away they go at 100 miles an hour.
3 - My players react slow, struggle to dribble, pass and our shooting is wild.
4 - Almost every single time there is a 50/50 or loose ball, it goes to my opponent or into space for them.

Last game my opponents nif fabinho was outrageously good for all game compared to my futmas fabinho who only played the last 30 minutes.

The thing I cant get over is that my team was much better in every way.

Dont get it at all. Cant be custom tactics surely?

Comments

• '96dc2
    9009 posts League Winner
    Poor Connection and lag. The two things EA are best at.
  • Orison
    47601 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Your opponents might have just been decent at the game, understand the game better than you and were therefore able to play quicker and more efficient than you.

I know it's easy to blame the game, but in theory there are also other possibilities ;)
  • JBC03FC
    Orison wrote: »
    Your opponents might have just been decent at the game, understand the game better than you and were therefore able to play quicker and more efficient than you.

I know it's easy to blame the game, but in theory there are also other possibilities ;)

I know what you are trying to do.

I clearly typed about specific issues with intensity and pace.
    It has been 3 games in a row - lost 2-1, 3-2 and then just lost 5-4.
    The ball is going to my opponent almost constantly when loose.
    My players are not playing like they have done at other times.
    They are slower.
    They are not as able.
    I cannot compete with the game like this and it is not always like this.
    That is why I asked the question.
    The game has felt crap for 3 days on and off, but today it feels pointless.

So can anyone else try to explain why opponents with players inferior or similar to mine play faster on and off the ball?
    Why do loose balls always go to them or space to them?
    Why do my players fail to pass and shoot properly almost constantly?

No doubt I will get a game where this doesn't happen, and guess what? It will feel normal!

People say get good and all that crap, but you cannot get good when it is like this. The last 3 games I played and loads of games over weekend felt impossible to win.
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lag can cause this feeling. The game just having a slow day with server overload sometimes happens (perhaps with today being start of TOTY?). And other times, your opponent is just plain better than you. It can be hard to step back and think of the errors you make or see you were just outclassed. I’m an above average player at best and I still sometimes get mad at the game when I lose. But the only way I ever got better was when I stopped blaming the game and started looking at my own errors and just accepting that there are a lot of players out there that are just better than me.
  • JBC03FC
    Lag can cause this feeling. The game just having a slow day with server overload sometimes happens (perhaps with today being start of TOTY?). And other times, your opponent is just plain better than you. It can be hard to step back and think of the errors you make or see you were just outclassed. I’m an above average player at best and I still sometimes get mad at the game when I lose. But the only way I ever got better was when I stopped blaming the game and started looking at my own errors and just accepting that there are a lot of players out there that are just better than me.

@dopetothemax - I know there are thousands of players better than me.
    I think it must have been server/connection related. Input lag I think it is?
    This was happening in seasons. I was div 4, my son got relegated playing it, so I tried to get from 5 to 4 and could only hold it! I know I am much better than that.
    In my last game, I think the shoe was on the other foot. I won 6-1 and toyed with my opponent. They didnt seem to be in the same galaxy as me, and I know I am not that good.
    I get angry because I feel that my time is being wasted when like that.
    If you quit the game to get a better one, it penalises you. LIKE IT WANTS YOU TO SUFFER! haha :smile:
  • dopetothemax
    JBC03FC wrote: »

This was happening in seasons. I was div 4, my son got relegated playing it, so I tried to get from 5 to 4 and could only hold it! I know I am much better than that.
    In my last game, I think the shoe was on the other foot. I won 6-1 and toyed with my opponent. They didnt seem to be in the same galaxy as me, and I know I am not that good.
    If you quit the game to get a better one, it penalises you. LIKE IT WANTS YOU TO SUFFER! haha :smile:

I hear you man. It feels like that for all of us at some point. But to be fair, div4 is really easy. If you weren’t above that in the past, maybe you have a higher opinion of your game than is the reality? Not trying to take any shots here at all, I just notice you posting quite a bit about the game being “against you” and just trying to help. I followed your posts in the “noob WL” thread and if I recall you finished with more losses than wins? Focus on yourself and what you can control and try to get better. Work on blaming the game as little as possible, it’s just not productive. Cheers bud!
  • JBC03FC

I hear you man. It feels like that for all of us at some point. But to be fair, div4 is really easy. If you weren’t above that in the past, maybe you have a higher opinion of your game than is the reality? Not trying to take any shots here at all, I just notice you posting quite a bit about the game being “against you” and just trying to help. I followed your posts in the “noob WL” thread and if I recall you finished with more losses than wins? Focus on yourself and what you can control and try to get better. Work on blaming the game as little as possible, it’s just not productive. Cheers bud!

I got to 4 and didn't play a game, I think I can get to 3, not sure if can do better.
    With the WL thing, that was some proper BS a lot of the games I lost. 17 wins, 23 losses, and I only lost 3 or 4 by more than a goal. At least 3 of the defeats were proper shocking, like the last minute cross goal I conceded. The AI genuinely moved players out the way so that the ball went in the net. I dominated that game and could not buy a goal. Had just that game went for me, Im back in WL and dont need to qualify again. There were other games similar.
    I know what players I would like to make my team better, but I cant just go out and get them until I do these packs this week.
    I really need a good striker.
  • dopetothemax
    Would you like to have a friendly sometime? Maybe I can try and provide some constructive feedback on what’s happening in your games? Or maybe you destroy me and I don’t know what I’m talking about LOL
  • JBC03FC
    Oh you will beat me man.
    My team is not right but yeah we should do that.
    Then when I get a team Im happier with, try again?
    Can play now?
  • dopetothemax
    Yeah I can play now. I don’t have a team either bud so that’s fine. I’ll just throw something together with players in my club lol

GT is dopetothemax
  • JBC03FC
    we r already connected :)
  • JBC03FC
    no complaints about our game @dopetothemax - was quite enjoyable actually!
  • dopetothemax

Definitely! You played well and I edged with that late goal. I’d say both of our problems are defending. LOL
  • JBC03FC

Definitely! You played well and I edged with that late goal. I’d say both of our problems are defending. LOL

I love ramos, sif young and de gea, but bailly and rb is an issue.
    I also want to run with Vieira, Futmas Herrera and Futmas Paulinho behind Hagi, so I need an icon cb instead of bailly really. Overmars up top is fine, but he needs a partner badly.
    Hopefully these packs I have stacked make a big difference :)
    As for our game, I totally messed up for your winner, was my mistake.
    Looking at my stats after the game, its obvious that Im needing someone clinical!
  • dopetothemax
    Yeah the stats tell the tale. We both got plenty of chances and couldn’t finish to save our lives. 2 goals from 19 shots is absolutely tragic from me. Having said that, finishing isn’t as important as shot type and when/where you take it. Don’t get me wrong take 100 of the exact same shot with a bronze and Aguero and Aguero will put far more in. But the difference of someone like Jesus or Mbappe up to Aguero is a far smaller gap. Jesus in the hands of a pro player would do way better than Ronaldo in my hands. More about your ability IMO
  • JBC03FC
    Yeah the stats tell the tale. We both got plenty of chances and couldn’t finish to save our lives. 2 goals from 19 shots is absolutely tragic from me. Having said that, finishing isn’t as important as shot type and when/where you take it. Don’t get me wrong take 100 of the exact same shot with a bronze and Aguero and Aguero will put far more in. But the difference of someone like Jesus or Mbappe up to Aguero is a far smaller gap. Jesus in the hands of a pro player would do way better than Ronaldo in my hands. More about your ability IMO

Yeah cant disagree. I won 6 from 10 in WL with CR7 loan.
    I think 10 chem matters with forwards. You get away with one not being 10, but the other needs to be I think. Off ball movement and all that. The shots include blocked shots though, so sometimes are misleading.
    Our game was smooth and felt fair, I made a mistake and didnt score enough so you won. In terms of play I think I showed I am quite good though.
    Just got to be patient I suppose. Grind away and get who I need.
    I have 3300 players in my club. Need to sort that right out this week.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2018
    @JBC03FC I know the feeling, some games go that way for me, but mostly im on the receiving end of it. At least you qualified, I still haven't this year but I know I am more than capable, I have my moments. This weekend I couldn't be beat man, it was strange. Only difference I put one fullback on stay back and the other balance, usually I had both on balanced.