Completed

JDB44
436 posts Sunday League Hero
edited March 2018
Hello everyone, I know it's a little late to start a career but I thought it would be fun to do one with Fulham to see how things go. I think I can get a few seasons completed before FIFA 19 arrives.

I decided to start this one a little different and simulated the first few matches before taking over. The club has decided to fire their old manager after the slow start and the tensions between them, that is when I take over..

Fulham are 1-2-1 as of now with win in the Carabao cup that came down to pens against Portsmouth. They have sold David Button and Denis Odoi already.

IVluTfj.png
Post edited by JDB44 on

Comments

• JDB44
    IVluTfj.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Welcome and good luck on this one!
    No worries about taking part this late. Currently there is a small lack of motivation going on here so probably everybody is glad to see someone bringing in some fresh wind ;)
  • flypiggy22
    1153 posts Professional
    Good Luck
  • JDB44
    Edit: Correct from last post, I play Man City first not Man United..
    5dTdo1Y.jpg

• JDB44
    crop18.png

Transfer day has come and gone with Fulham making some last minute moves to help fight for promotion this season. Baxter was active bringing in reinforcements to strengthen the squad including a mega deal for Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle.

Transfers in
    ST Dwight Gayle - 7.2m + LW Mollo
    GK Pereira - Loan from Manchester United
    ST Wilson - Loan from Manchester United
    CB - Sigurdsson - Brought back from loan early

Transfers out
    CB T. Ream - Leeds United
    CB M. Madl - Bolton
    GK D. Button - Ipswich

Fulham only missed out on one target, Norwich midfielder Madisson who the club plans on going after again in January.

Other transfers
    CF D. Mertens from Napoli to Barca for 66m
    LM T. Lemar from Monaco to Arsenal for 56m
    RM W. Zaha from Crystal Palace to Southampton for 38m
    RW Willian from Chelsea to Juventus for 35m
  • JDB44
    Fulham 2017/2018 lineup after 1st transfer window

k6kkpk1.jpg
  • Richoman
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ill be cheering on the man utd boys!!
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck! Is this the system you use? 5-3-2?
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting formation indeed.

Gayle is a great signing. He's World Class championship wise. Just don't expect him to do much should you get promoted ^^
  • JDB44
    subpop wrote: »
    Good luck! Is this the system you use? 5-3-2?

Against lower competition, yes. I tried 4-3-3 defensive like Fulham play in real life but struggled to score. Against better teams I might switch to the 4-3-3 so I can defend better.
    Interesting formation indeed.

Gayle is a great signing. He's World Class championship wise. Just don't expect him to do much should you get promoted ^^

That is my goal as of now. Use him to get promoted and hopefully the young talent will be ready to start by then and Gayle can be a backup, If they are not yet, I will sell him and look to upgrade the attack once in the Prem.
  • JDB44
    AzO2xGB.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Promising and decent run of games. Nice to see the team teasing Chelsea till the end. The result does look uglier than the game was..
  • JDB44
    https://i.imgur.com/XzYKZtV.png
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Promising and decent run of games. Nice to see the team teasing Chelsea till the end. The result does look uglier than the game was..

The result is a lot uglier than the game was sadly. I thought I was going to pull off another upset like I did against City previously but then Chelsea went on a terror and made my defense look pathetic.
  • JDB44
    XzYKZtV.png
  • JDB44
    OuOCsWn.jpg
  • Greenman019
    Gayle signing working out well so far. :)
  • subpop
    Mixed results but the team keep growing and now Fulham are in playoff spots. Direct promotion is a bit far, but nothing that can't be solved, if the team find regularity at some point.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gayle will be fantastic for you in the championship but I expect that he wont be good enough if you get promoted in the final play off spot the automatic places have a gap but it isn't impossible for you to catch them
  • JDB44
    subpop wrote: »
    Mixed results but the team keep growing and now Fulham are in playoff spots. Direct promotion is a bit far, but nothing that can't be solved, if the team find regularity at some point.

I'm hoping to get within a few points of direct promotion by the next transfer window. Just need to fix a couple defensive issues and I think the team will be ready to fight for promotion.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Gayle will be fantastic for you in the championship but I expect that he wont be good enough if you get promoted in the final play off spot the automatic places have a gap but it isn't impossible for you to catch them

Gayle is doing exactly what I was hoping he would do for me this season. I wanted him on loan only but Newcastle wouldn't have it so hopefully he can be a good backup in the Prem for me. (If I get there).
  • JDB44
    D08GmfI.png
  • subpop
    Well done. Very good results this time, especially the victory against a direct rival as Aston Villa. Lately the team look solid and the manager knows the team better.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Very good results. Team is looking like growing together. Especially the defense is looking solid, besides the QPR game :#
  • Greenman019
    Gayle still injured or just not on the score sheet? 3 very good wins though, Aston Villa especially due to them being direct rivals in terms of a promotion/play-off spot. Hopefully you can keep going and avoid that lottery and get one of the direct promotion spots.
  • JDB44
    Gayle still injured or just not on the score sheet? 3 very good wins though, Aston Villa especially due to them being direct rivals in terms of a promotion/play-off spot. Hopefully you can keep going and avoid that lottery and get one of the direct promotion spots.

He's coming back from injury, he started one match and subbed on for another but hasn't scored since being injured.
  • Danimal5981
    2612 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maybe change the title - it's no longer the beginning is it? I lived a year in London and QPR, Bradford and Fulham were closest to where I had a room (student). Went to see a couple of games and always have felt sympathetic to London teams in general. Would be nice to see Fulham back at the highest level; you're well underway.
  • JDB44
    Maybe change the title - it's no longer the beginning is it? I lived a year in London and QPR, Bradford and Fulham were closest to where I had a room (student). Went to see a couple of games and always have felt sympathetic to London teams in general. Would be nice to see Fulham back at the highest level; you're well underway.

You're right, I actually forgot all about the title. Thanks for the heads up. I think the more London clubs in the PL the better.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    A fantastic run of games with some clean sheets against top teams which puts you within touching distance of the automatic spots keep it up