Are Icons even worth it?

jspurs
82 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I haven't used any icons yet other than in draft, but I now have around 2mil and was thinking of building a team with a few of the cheaper icons but alot of the icons seem basically no better than cards 5 times cheaper like for example Immobile's current totw 86 is very similar on stats to Shevchenko 88 but one is 100k the other 500k.

Are lower end icons 700k and less, worth it?

Comments

• ha032742
    38243 posts Moderator
    Lower end ones probably are not worth it except if you need links for chem.
  • Peewee916
    1122 posts Professional
    jspurs wrote: »
    I haven't used any icons yet other than in draft, but I now have around 2mil and was thinking of building a team with a few of the cheaper icons but alot of the icons seem basically no better than cards 5 times cheaper like for example Immobile's current totw 86 is very similar on stats to Shevchenko 88 but one is 100k the other 500k.

For starters... Go and buy ADP prime Fam.
  • Fatmanc
    1340 posts Professional
    I sue the icons, just cos ive always been a PS player so there new and shiny etc.

A couple of the lower rated ones I found to be very good and didn't play anywhere near what there stats would suggest.

Examples being 85 Hernandexz, 86 Larsson, 90 Nesta is v good and cheap, LB maldini is a great CB if ure happy with players on 7 chem.
    There are more but the post is getting long lol
  • yiddo13
    1286 posts Professional
    I think the difference with icons aren't what you see in the stats. They just feel better, more of a presence on the pitch I find. When you play against them they just seem much harder to play against. Hard to put my finger on but there's definitely some difference.
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    jspurs wrote: »

Better of just getting one game changing Icon than lots of cheap ones IMO
  • Huxx
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    I think their composure and positioning and mental stats make them better tbh
  • askperts
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have used several icons and would endorse the 85 Crespo as the best cheap one I've used. I love my 91 Matthaus for cleaning everything up in the back and he pairs well with the Prime SBC Petit who is also a defensive beast. I have Hernandez up top as his Prime version and he's been very solid.
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional
    They play better than their stats. Buy some and empty the ride. With 2 mil you could get Crespo 85, Overmars 90 and Adp 87. That's a great combo.
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    Depends on what formation you play, but you can definitely get a couple of game changers for 2mil. ADP + 85 Blanc is about as good a spine as you can get in the game, or you could go ADP + a striker of your choice (85/87 Crespo best in my experience).

Icons are 100% worth it imo, only player that outperforms any icon I've used is CR7. The lower tier/cheaper ones are definitely not as good though, so I'd say buy 1 or 2 more expensive icons over a few cheaper ones.;
  • dregana08
    4048 posts National Call-Up
    87 Crespo is 630-640k right now... definitely worth it.
  • ez1907
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    Prime Vieira/R.Costa worth,Prime Desailly not.I dont know others
  • Chavez
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    smcali23 wrote: »
    They play better than their stats. Buy some and empty the ride. With 2 mil you could get Crespo 85, Overmars 90 and Adp 87. That's a great combo.

this really. they play at least 10% better than their stats would make you believe imo
  • shez82
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have 500 games on Prime Costa and 200 games on Prime Schmeichel. Both well worth it
  • pedro___
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gullit is not <700k, I know.
    But his baby version is much better than the stats say. very much...
  • Imtnt
    4885 posts Big Money Move
    Dinho and gullit are game changers for real
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional
    Prime Hernandez and Bergkamp are amazing I highly recommend them