Battle of the best Striker under 700k... Kluviert vs Crespo Vs Shevchenko vs van Basten vs Bergkemp

Kainsng
83 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited January 2018
Need some advice from the experienced players.

I'm now contemplating to take the plunge and spend on an icon striker. I have seen many people mentioning Kluviert and Crespo as great to use. How about Shevchenko or van Basten or Bergkemp? Who is the best striker out of the more affordable icons?

Or should I just get Suarez? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• torakun
    2731 posts National Call-Up
    Kluivert 88, Bergkamp 87, Crespo 87 are your best bet.

Best Value for money is bergkamp 87, followed by Kluivert 88. Crespo 87 is fun, but very overpriced.
  • denisdgm
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Smh no respect for Hernandez
  • torakun
    denisdgm wrote: »

Hernandez 87 is just OK.. Prime Hernandez is great but its over his budget..
  • denisdgm
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    torakun wrote: »

I have the 85 and its phenomenal so I'm only going to assume that the upgrades are better. I agree that the prime is expensive but out of everyone mentioned in the thread so far, he's probably the cheapest prime icon.
  • xHades
    15165 posts World Class
    edited January 2018
    I used 87 and 85 Crespo and honestly felt no difference. He's kinda weird where he feels like something off with his movement, yet he's still able to pull off everything except long passing....but he is an undisputed goal scoring machine who gets results from even the slightest chance. I'm pretty sure his opponents would also attest to the fact that they think they have him in their pocket only to see him pull a rabbit out of a hat every game.

He also has a pretty sweet goal/game ratio in FUT:
    https://www.futbin.com/pgp?page=1&sort=goals&order=desc&version=gold

When he maintains that across so many played games through the entire layer base you just know the player has something simply special about them.
  • Kainsng

Best Value for money is bergkamp 87, followed by Kluivert 88. Crespo 87 is fun, but very overpriced.

Thanks for the advice.
    Never really heard of anyone using Shevchenko, is he really that bad? His stats seems gd with gd workrates.
  • xHades
    15165 posts World Class
    Kainsng wrote: »

Thanks for the advice.
    Never really heard of anyone using Shevchenko, is he really that bad? His stats seems gd with gd workrates.

His 86 and 88 cards actually have different workrates. HH and HM respectively.
  • Kainsng

Ya, its a tad expensive.. and taller strikers seems to work better for me. I've tried Griezmann, sold him after a few matches.
  • pha007
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How is Marco Van Basten 89? Anyone using him for WL?
  • torakun
    pha007 wrote: »
    How is Marco Van Basten 89? Anyone using him for WL?

I did.. one of the 3 icons that I sold immediately after trying only 3 games. The other being 86 Rijkaard
  • Lavezzi
    603 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Kluivert without a doubt.
  • Thehubby
    2043 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kluivert 86 or 88 I've had both and currently have his 86 card 53 goals 42 games all online feels no different to his 88 and you can buy him on the ps4 for 470k bargain
  • Terroz
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Larsson? Any feedback
  • Toonleew
    3744 posts National Call-Up
    To be fair they are all pretty garbage (not used Kluivert). The big problem as I see it , is why use them when SIF Lozano is 5 times better at only 30k :-)
  • Toonleew
    3744 posts National Call-Up
    I would also say SIF Firmino has outperformed all the Icon strikers I have used.
  • HysxteriA
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    Kluivert and Bergkamp. I have the prime and oh my oh my it's insane. Whatever you can do save to the 90 you will not regret that decision at all. He's a game changer.

Ignore above comments. IF Lozano better than icons is the joke of the century. He will miss the occasional easychances especially when the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ are against you. My Bergkamp buries everything and anything and virtually any opportunity he gets on goal. That's the difference.
  • Fatmanc
    1353 posts Professional
    Must agree with earlier comments, no mention of Hernandez.
    His 85 is awesome, his 87 is ok but if you can save for the 90 prime then hes a beast, finishes everything.
    Don't let his height fool you either cos he score tons of headers for me.
  • Lcfc
    2818 posts National Call-Up
    Toonleew wrote: »
    To be fair they are all pretty garbage (not used Kluivert). The big problem as I see it , is why use them when SIF Lozano is 5 times better at only 30k :-)

Don’t talk garbage
  • Gfp13
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I used van basten 89 and he is by far the best I’ve used... only sold him because I had a bad weekend league in terms of results and sold my full team... probably a bad move looking back as he averaged more than 2 goals a game... not all games were WL but the majority were
  • pha007
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have 87 Crespo and 91 Aguero as Strikers and behind them Prime Del Piero as CAM.

Crespo is fantastic. 91 Aguero is very good but I am thinking of selling Aguero and getting another Icon since Aguero is very expensive I can save coins.

I am confused a bit. I was thinking to buy Van Basten 89. However it sounds like Kluivert 88 is better.

I think I will go for Kluivert 88. What do you think?

PS. Prime ADP is the best CAM I have used. Real game changer.
  • Maximus AK47
    3036 posts National Call-Up

he is RW mate.... not Striker... )
  • Fatandfurious
    63 posts Park Captain
    Used Both 85 and 87 Crespo and 85 moved Nice But coufnt finish. 87 is just brilliant. Driven, finesse and just plain cannonballs. 90 Bergkamp didn’t feel as clinical as the 87 so went back to the 87. Use him as 2nd striker as his passing is sublime. Van basten felt like a truck but trying the loan prime and loving him. Not sure if to do his sbc as I have crespo and Bergkamp