WL quitting games (dash boarding)

Bellcheddar
1333 posts Professional
Been playing the WL over the last few days. When a game has ‘gone’ and there is no way back I usually ‘dashboard’ quit and reboot. It gives me the loss but just saves on my squad fitness so I can start the next match without losing any fitness.

So I did this on a couple games this weekend as usual but I noticed it didn’t give me the loss it just put me back to where I was before. I play on a wired connection too so I’m not trying to cheat anyone. My question is why is this happening? Really don’t want to get caught up in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ storm about fut champs cheating. Guess I’m gonna have to just forfeit matches I’ve lost from now on and take the loss of fitness.

Anyone else had this, this weekend?

Comments

• richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    You shouldn’t do this. Just accept how to lose and play properly. I had somebody dashboard out on me in the 88th minute, frankly it’s just stupid, it’s a game. People don’t know how to lose and if you were been honest you wouldn’t want people doing this to you if there was a chance you would not get the win.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    I do this myself, to save fitness. I always get the loss, you can quit when the ref blows the final whistle, you will still get the loss, save fitness. How are you quitting? I just close application, load the game up again.
  • richo27
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I do this myself, to save fitness. I always get the loss, you can quit when the ref blows the final whistle, you will still get the loss, save fitness. How are you quitting? I just close application, load the game up again.

This just seems so childish. What is wrong with everybody? You’re purposely closing the application every loss? You also lose the coins. Squad fitness in the week costs 600 coins, you should get that for these games?
  • Onyoks
    290 posts An Exciting Prospect
    richo27 wrote: »
    You shouldn’t do this. Just accept how to lose and play properly. I had somebody dashboard out on me in the 88th minute, frankly it’s just stupid, it’s a game. People don’t know how to lose and if you were been honest you wouldn’t want people doing this to you if there was a chance you would not get the win.

Yeah so if i am loosing 5 nil i should continue playing
  • OttPa
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    If theses people who are doing this are honest, they are merely trying to cheat the system in the hope they don’t get the loss.

Why can’t people play the game in the manner it is intended. So what if you are 3,4 goals down with 10 to go. See the game out, apply fitness cards, use a fitness team.

The number of people that want to cheat the system in some way or form is staggering. No wonder the game is in a shambolic state.
  • JED_JD
    1696 posts Fans' Favourite

This just seems so childish. What is wrong with everybody? You’re purposely closing the application every loss? You also lose the coins. Squad fitness in the week costs 600 coins, you should get that for these games?

You get about 450 coins average if you lose, so thats 150 coin deficit, that adds up over time every weekend if you play all 40 each week. Its not childish its common sense
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    You’re wasting time reloading the game for 150 coins?
  • Retro_G

Squad fitness are 1.2K at the moment, that adds up. My opponent still gets the win, have never had a message from opponents saying they didn't get a win. Childish? Get a grip mate. I suffer enough with the loss, don't need to be spending coins on top of that.
  • richo27
    edited January 2018
    Onyoks wrote: »

Yeah so if i am loosing 5 nil i should continue playing

If you are losing 5-0 regularly you should play a different mode. I am no great player and had 12 close games so far in my first ever WL. All but 1 game has had just 1 goal in it.
  • richo27
    OttPa wrote: »
    If theses people who are doing this are honest, they are merely trying to cheat the system in the hope they don’t get the loss.

Why can’t people play the game in the manner it is intended. So what if you are 3,4 goals down with 10 to go. See the game out, apply fitness cards, use a fitness team.

The number of people that want to cheat the system in some way or form is staggering. No wonder the game is in a shambolic state.

This. Am taken aback by how many people do this based on comments above. I guess it’s to be expected from this community. It’s every exploit going and any way to try to kid yourself you havnt got beaten. I bet half the people who do this are formation switchers too.
  • Eggchasers
    719 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2018
    Ranting Nevermind
  • Anarki301
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    You see what this game brings in people, they are quitting games for irrational reasons, and when I lose connection for a second during the match, or if my game crashes, I got punished because people will do this on purpose. I mean, I never quit a game, I could be losing 20-0, I still wouldn't quit the game, why would I quit a game, for some fitness card, and other bs. And still, I got punished for having normal technical issues in game, of all the bs with this game, this is the worst one for me, I play, win or lose, it really doesn't matter to me, all those "funny" situations in game, which make people mad, I really don't get upset, of course I mind, it's annoying, but this is the only thing that really get's to me, and it's not the L, it's not 0-3, it's just that message that I left the match and I would receive less coins, and it's not about coins or whatever, it's just that message, it really get on my nerves, why am I punished, I didn't do anything wrong, I had some technical issues.
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Hopefully you'll get a ban for cheating.

There's a legit way to quit if you're losing. People that repeatedly dashboard should just get banned
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    People need to stop doing this. Otherwise EA will patch the glitches for us real cheaters :worried:
  • silverdale10
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tof33z wrote: »

There's a legit way to quit if you're losing.

You shouldn't get punished for it though. It's not just coins for that game, it has a knock on-effect for games afterwards and it can mount up to a lot of coins if you quit often, and If you're rotating it really does mess up your fitness levels. You're much better off stopping playing, which is stupid. EA really need to sort this out, you can't force people to play properly, allow people to quit without losing coins or fitness for those on the bench.

• Tof33z

There's a legit way to quit if you're losing.

You shouldn't get punished for it though. It's not just coins for that game, it has a knock on-effect for games afterwards and it can mount up to a lot of coins if you quit often, and If you're rotating it really does mess up your fitness levels. You're much better off stopping playing, which is stupid. EA really need to sort this out, you can't force people to play properly, allow people to quit without losing coins or fitness for those on the bench.

Can't anyone hear a whining noise?

If you don't want to pay the price for quitting then man up and finish the game.
  • Bri
    60 posts Park Captain
    I quit when 3 nil or worse owing to 40 games being too many at the weekend for me to play all the way through if the chances are I'm going to lose. I'm sure many others quit for same reason
  • JED_JD
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    You’re wasting time reloading the game for 150 coins?

Its not just 150 coins, its 6000 over a weekend, 24k over a month (if you were to quit effect game), plus saves on time if you can't play every single game, if you can only play 20 games a weekend and you're getting beat 3 0 in the first 20 mins to an icon team then why not dash board quit? They get the win, you get your fitness back and more time to play another game. As for the person that said play a different game mode.. why? If you qualify you have as much right as anyone else in the game mode. Most people don't do this for a no loss glitch, its not worth getting your account banned, but to save time and fitness its just a logical option
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    Bri wrote: »
    I quit when 3 nil or worse owing to 40 games being too many at the weekend for me to play all the way through if the chances are I'm going to lose. I'm sure many others quit for same reason

Agree. With 40 games if the game is lost then why sit there and waste your time? It’s ridiculous people expect you to carry on with a time restriction on trying to plough through 40 games over a weekend.

Yes dash boarding is an exploit to save fitness. But then so is changing your formation at the outset which most people do. Massive difference between that and trying to actually cheat in my opinion.
  • Tof33z

No issues with quitting its fine, it's how you do it we're debating. Dashboarding should be a ban, since as mentioned above it can cause the loss to be not recorded. Maybe the other guys win too sometimes
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    edited January 2018

No issues with quitting its fine, it's how you do it we're debating. Dashboarding should be a ban, since as mentioned above it can cause the loss to be not recorded. Maybe the other guys win too sometimes

Fair point. I’m not dashboarding anymore, if I’m not getting the loss then that’s not right. It’s just a game and I dont want to cheat in anyway it’s completely needless. Just hope my opponents got the win, but I’m gonna forfeit from now on anyway.
  • Tof33z
    edited January 2018

Agree. With 40 games if the game is lost then why sit there and waste your time? It’s ridiculous people expect you to carry on with a time restriction on trying to plough through 40 games over a weekend.

Yes dash boarding is an exploit to save fitness. But then so is changing your formation at the outset which most people do. Massive difference between that and trying to actually cheat in my opinion.

Classic ea player mentality. You'rer happy to take the fitness hit when you win but when a better player beats you, you want an expoli to avoid the fitness hit. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off
  • JED_JD

I did it 4 or 5 times this weekend and got the "it seems you were disconnected" message when I load up, so I got the loss each time, I'm hoping they got the win, they were better so deserved it, just didn't want to waste time or fitness, if you pause and quit you lose the game, contracts, fitness and get no coins, but if you dash board you get all those minus fitness
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional

Classic ea player mentality. Your happy to take the fitness hit when you win but when a better player beats you, you want an expoli to avoid the fitness hit. **** off

Why not? I’ve taken the loss if I can save on fitness then why not. Moron.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    I wouldn't worry to much.
    Everybody should be allowed to quit however they want. If you get the loss or not is EA's business.
    I quit by pressing the xbox button on the console. Then start again the console. It brings me back into the game says I lost connection boots me out of ultimate team and when I enter gives me the message with DNF. Takes about 15-20 seconds. Usually seems better than watching a goal celebration.
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry to much.
    Everybody should be allowed to quit however they want. If you get the loss or not is EA's business.
    I quit by pressing the xbox button on the console. Then start again the console. It brings me back into the game says I lost connection boots me out of ultimate team and when I enter gives me the message with DNF. Takes about 15-20 seconds. Usually seems better than watching a goal celebration.

Yeah, that’s what I used to do. On XB1 it’s pretty much as quick as forfeiting the traditional way. Don’t see a problem with it, but when it didn’t give me the loss then that’s not right.
  • Ash Ketchum
    629 posts An Exciting Prospect

It's called saving my own time. Why would I waste 5 or more minutes playing a game I have no hope of winning? it serves no purpose other than to waste my own time. I can just quit and be playing a new match within 30 seconds.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2018
    If I'm winning by a large margin I would also prefer my opponent to quit. Saves time. Playing 40 full matches is a huge time commitment.

To those looking for a quicker way to dashboard -- disconnect your internet. For PS4 you can go to Network and uncheck "connect to the internet". Not sure if there's an equivalent on Xb. Then you don't have to restart the whole game again. Alternatively you can just plug the Ethernet cable out and in again.
  • Retro_G
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    If I'm winning by a large margin I would also prefer my opponent to quit. Saves time. Playing 40 full matches is a huge time commitment.

To those looking for a quicker way to dashboard -- disconnect your internet. For PS4 you can go to Network and uncheck "connect to the internet". Not sure if there's an equivalent on Xb. Then you don't have to restart the whole game again. Alternatively you can just plug the Ethernet cable out and in again.

Great tip!
  • Pablunz
    62 posts Park Captain
    If martial bangs in his 5th 40 yarder within the first half against my god squad you best believe there’s no hope of my seeing out the rest of the game.

Don’t know why you’re all morning about it, you’re giving your opponent a quicker victory, more time to play other WL games, in fact, I find if I got 3-0 down they usually pause the game intentionally for me to leave...