Is now the most stupid time to buy expensive players?

Legends.1878
3646 posts National Call-Up

Comments

• Chappy
    1309 posts Professional
    Can you be more specific?
  • Legends.1878
    Chappy wrote: »
    Can you be more specific?

Is TOTY tomorrow? I was gonna pick up Pogba but I’m assuming he’ll drop a lot when TOTY releases?
  • Chappy
    1309 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    Supposed to be Sunday

If they drop TOTY attackers in packs, you will probably be able to pick him up cheaper.

For cards that will be in the TOTY, they’re probably gonna go up.
  • JBC03FC
    3336 posts National Call-Up
    first decent pack promo during toty;

cache_2_BingImages_1047621.jpg
  • xHerdie
    4037 posts National Call-Up
    It isn't the best time to buy them but definitely not a stupid time if the players you want hit your buy price

I bought Ronaldo at 2.4m earlier cause he was in my target area. Prob drop another 200k or so but he'll rebound as well so not too worried
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    tbh not really, they might drop more but no way they dont rise to higher than current prices after
  • Arron xox
    2975 posts National Call-Up
    Why... I bought players I needed earlier I will play through the crash i have 400k but I need that for toty Valencia if he gets in
  • Legends.1878
    Arron xox wrote: »
    Why... I bought players I needed earlier I will play through the crash i have 400k but I need that for toty Valencia if he gets in

Why what?
  • Arron xox
    2975 posts National Call-Up
    Why would it be stupid to buy if your going to have fun with a player buy it coins are easily made this year
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    Buy now prices only going up
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Do not buy yet
  • ha032742
    35203 posts Moderator
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Do not buy yet

Ok then...
  • Andybelfast
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Do not buy yet

Ok then...

Dave saves always the opposite answer as usual
  • Ghoti
    724 posts Sunday League Hero
    Imo this evening
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Do not buy yet

Ok then...

Dave is right and Andy is clueless as usual you mean.

Thousands and thousands of packs are going to be opened tomorrow. Why would that increase prices?
  • Andybelfast
    Do not buy yet

Ok then...

Thousands and thousands of packs are going to be opened tomorrow. Why would that increase prices?

Prices always go up it's the same every year
  • YOLOT0URE
    6969 posts Big Money Move
    Depends who you are buying really lol such an ronaldo may or may not be in packs if they do defenders first and vice versa. Everything else will probably be found cheaper tomorrow but may require sniping to get a real good deal imo
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Do not buy yet

Ok then...

They’ll go up in a week but from tomorrow it’s down down down.
  • Andybelfast
    Do not buy yet

Ok then...

They’ll go up in a week but from tomorrow it’s down down down.

K
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Prices will go up after toty anyway
  • jdros
    2567 posts Fans' Favourite
    When people buy FP which they use to buy packs, they add some cards to the market which most people think means all prices go down.

What most people do when they buy lots of packs with FP is discard most of the content though, which adds lots of coins to the market.

Everyone wants the high end players. There will be more coins in the market. Prices will probably go up on those most desirable cards.

Can’t tell you exactly where the cutoff line will be, but the high end icons are probably going to rise after TOTY.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    jdros wrote: »
    When people buy FP which they use to buy packs, they add some cards to the market which most people think means all prices go down.

What most people do when they buy lots of packs with FP is discard most of the content though, which adds lots of coins to the market.

Everyone wants the high end players. There will be more coins in the market. Prices will probably go up on those most desirable cards.

Can’t tell you exactly where the cutoff line will be, but the high end icons are probably going to rise after TOTY.

Let’s play some super basic numbers..

For the sake of it, I’ll use Hazard. Expensive and high rated. Currently 200k

Pretend he gets packed every 1,000 packs across the game. But only 100,000 are opened daily. So 100 new Hazards every day.

Add those blues to the market and people are going to open all their stacked packs, smash some FP and for crazy people, use coins. So there’s 1,000,000 packs opened. Which means 1,000 new Hazards.

Supply will massively outdo demand so in order to sell your new Hazard, you drop the price.

If they do a bench with players that would never normally get a blue, then the dip will be the biggest we’ve ever seen.
  • jdros

Pretend he gets packed every 1,000 packs across the game. But only 100,000 are opened daily. So 100 new Hazards every day.

Add those blues to the market and people are going to open all their stacked packs, smash some FP and for crazy people, use coins. So there’s 1,000,000 packs opened. Which means 1,000 new Hazards.

Supply will massively outdo demand so in order to sell your new Hazard, you drop the price.

If they do a bench with players that would never normally get a blue, then the dip will be the biggest we’ve ever seen.

Hazard isn’t an expensive player.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

Hazard, Pogba, Suarez etc. The point is still the same.
  • Smudge
    4566 posts National Call-Up

The FUT market doesn't work like this, people sold up weeks ago to buy their Hazard at the TOTY "crash" and often the demand ends up outweighing the supply
  • jdros

I said high end icons, you picked a 200k card?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

Everything will rise in a week.
  • FoCuSs
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    Let say there a 100k packs available, 50.000 to be exact. If you discard a 100k you will receive 17k.

17.000 X 50.000 = 850.000.000 coins

All the players who are high in demand will increase a lot...
  • RadioShaq
    15087 posts Moderator
    There is only a small window for the peak of the crash during toty. You are safer buying now as soon as that window closes everything will rise.
  • jdros

Everything will rise in a week.

Which is exactly what I said - lots of coins are being added to the market so prices will go up after TOTY.

So if you want a player now, just buy it. Prices might go down some, but if you’ve been paying attention many prices have already gone down pretty significantly.