Little help from the good guys here.

Isco233
325 posts Sunday League Hero
edited January 2018
Hello guys.
First of all sry for my spelling mistakes.
English is not my first and not seccend language.

So to the business.
I have 1+ million team.
Im in div 2-3. Maybe not good enough for div 1.
My problem is that i never qualified to the weekend league.
I try every week and loosing allways in 3rd or in the final game.
Since the beginning of fifa 18.
I play fifa since fifa 97. Never played fut till fifa 17.

My team and formation:

4-2-3-1

ST: Aguero
LCAM: De Bruyne. CSAM: Eriksen. RCAM: Firmino 86.
LCDM: Vidal. RCDM: Bakayoko
LB: Alaba. LCB: Boateng. RCB: Baily. RB: valencia.
GK: De Gea.

St: GIB+Press back lines.
CAMs stay forward
CDMs Stay back. 1 cut passes and the 2nd man mark.
CB+FB stay back.

Build up:
Build up 70
Passes 40
Org

Passes 60
Crosses 40
Passes 60
Free

Def:
Wide 52
Cover.

So any one have any upgrades or ideas what am i doing wrong here?
Any ideas what can i do better to succeed the wl journey?
The team feels solid.

Im a fine finisher. Considering stupid goals sometimes. Using skills.

Thank you guys.

Comments

• Wz00
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Need musa at St.
  • Kove
    4013 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2018
    Don't set your full backs to stay back. This year the effect of that is much greater and they don't go forward at all.

Your pass settings may be a bit risky try dropping about 10 points

Your defensive settings also seem very high as well try dropping them too

• iWiggle
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Too slow wingers
  • golazo
    1255 posts Play-Off Hero
    Try 41212-2 or 4312. Your formation is very defensive. This year almost everyone concedes and it’s difficult to keep clean sheets. Better to have a more offensive formation to fight fire with fire. Pros use your formation but they are pros. They see passes we don’t see and are great at defending.
  • Isco233
    golazo wrote: »
    Try 41212-2 or 4312. Your formation is very defensive. This year almost everyone concedes and it’s difficult to keep clean sheets. Better to have a more offensive formation to fight fire with fire. Pros use your formation but they are pros. They see passes we don’t see and are great at defending.

I play best with that formation.
    I tried almost every other formation and i was stuck in div 6.
    I play 4231 for two weeks now and I feel like it fits my play style most.
    I dont watch pro players game playes and cheating youtubers that give a stupid advices on edited videos.
    They have a huge variety of advices and all is different.
    I can also creat an edited video with guides that don’t reflect the actual gameplay that we all have.
    No one of them dont livestream actual gameplay.
  • Isco233
    Kove wrote: »
    Don't set your full backs to stay back. This year the effect of that is much greater and they don't go forward at all.

Your pass settings may be a bit risky try dropping about 10 points

Your defensive settings also seem very high as well try dropping them too

Ty mate. I will do it.
  • Lcfc
    2490 posts Fans' Favourite
    With that formation I didn’t find Aguero so good at top striker
    Try some 1 like kluivert and on the wings use pace players with strength like martial and sbc costa on the other side
  • BerlinGunner
    312 posts Sunday League Hero
    If your a 2-3 DIV player I would lower the pressure and aggression. In the WL you play against guys from DIV 1 they will see and use your mistakes you make when you rush your defense. You got your fullbacks on stay back, don't do that. You got a H/H Vidal on stay back, KDB with H/H and Firmino with H/H on stay forward. You limit your chances of creating dangerous situations with these guys. Your could slower your speed and use your striker on balanced. Again, you limit your playing style with get in behind. I'm playing in a 442 with Sanchez as LM and Willian as RM. On balanced they are all over the field helping in defense and offense and I just love it. Played with KDB and he played just like in real life and was all over the pitch.
  • Isco233
    Lcfc wrote: »
    Try some 1 like kluivert and on the wings use pace players with strength like martial and sbc costa on the other side

I put hunter on all my cams.
    They all have a fine pace.

About Kluivert.
    U mean i better use strong and tall ST?
    Cuz if i want to get Kluivert i have to sell Aguero de bruyne and sif Firmino.
    Its out of budget.
    Aguero is a great ST.
    I dont play crosses at all.
    Allways on the ground.
    If i want to get another ST I have only 300k for that after i sell aguero that doing good for me.
    I dont see any one better in 300k.
  • Isco233
    If your a 2-3 DIV player I would lower the pressure and aggression. In the WL you play against guys from DIV 1 they will see and use your mistakes you make when you rush your defense. You got your fullbacks on stay back, don't do that. You got a H/H Vidal on stay back, KDB with H/H and Firmino with H/H on stay forward. You limit your chances of creating dangerous situations with these guys. Your could slower your speed and use your striker on balanced. Again, you limit your playing style with get in behind. I'm playing in a 442 with Sanchez as LM and Willian as RM. On balanced they are all over the field helping in defense and offense and I just love it. Played with KDB and he played just like in real life and was all over the pitch.

Ty mate.
    So you say that i better put KDB Vidal and the FB on Balance instead of SF or SB?
    And what about aguero? Get in Behind isnt the best option for an ST?

• BrettEmmett
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    This may sound crazy, but it's worked well for me.

I only give player instructions to the lower rated players, anyone over 87 I don't give any instructions to, and they play a lot better. If I tell them to stay forward/get in behind/press back like then that's all they will do. If I have them making their own decisions they help the overall team play better.
  • Lcfc
    2490 posts Fans' Favourite
    Isco233 wrote: »

About Kluivert.
    Its out of budget.
    Aguero is a great ST.
    Allways on the ground.
    If i want to get another ST I have only 300k for that after i sell aguero that doing good for me.

Start 4321 and change in game mate. And yes having kluivert defo got me extra wins
    I have Aguero untradable. He is now just a sub in my team. Aguero needs a strike partner don’t find him so good as lone striker
  • Isco233
    This may sound crazy, but it's worked well for me.

I only give player instructions to the lower rated players, anyone over 87 I don't give any instructions to, and they play a lot better. If I tell them to stay forward/get in behind/press back like then that's all they will do. If I have them making their own decisions they help the overall team play better.

I think i will try it as the guy above you said.
    I will let the players run as they want. Balanced every one.
    Aguero balanced.
    Only bakayoko will stay back.
  • BerlinGunner
    312 posts Sunday League Hero
    Get in behind means Aguero that you hardly can play a short pass to him you always need to wait for the moment he runs behind a defender. If your opponent sits deep than Aguero won't help you for your build up play.
  • Dronegan
    995 posts Professional
    Sell Eriksen and KDB. Get fast and agile wide cams. Have wide CAM's on balanced. Their main job should be to drag apart your opponents defense and serve balls to your striker and CAM.

Move Sif Firmino to central Cam spot. And if you have coins over switch aguero for 84 Jesus.

Fullbacks on balanced both CDM on stay back. Both on man mark. This will counter 41212(2)

• Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dude u need pace on your wide cams. Theyre too slow, they're your wingers. Try and 1 2 with them and through ball to them then cut in.
  • Isco233
    Dronegan wrote: »
    Sell Eriksen and KDB. Get fast and agile wide cams. Have wide CAM's on balanced. Their main job should be to drag apart your opponents defense and serve balls to your striker and CAM.

Move Sif Firmino to central Cam spot. And if you have coins over switch aguero for 84 Jesus.

Fullbacks on balanced both CDM on stay back. Both on man mark. This will counter 41212(2)

Can you pls give me examples of a good CAMs for the team?

What about Laccazet?

Ty.

• Isco233
    Dude u need pace on your wide cams. Theyre too slow, they're your wingers. Try and 1 2 with them and through ball to them then cut in.

Like who mate?
    Laccazet?
    I used Jesus as CAM and his passing was very bad.

• Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite

Like who mate?
    Laccazet?
    I used Jesus as CAM and his passing was very bad.

Put a hunter card on anyone over 85 pace. Its not that hard. Or change formation before kickoff and move ur wingers to the wide cams.
  • Eikistein
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ok. I am about your level div 2 or 3 but won dkt a few times. I strong believe formation custom tactics and even players do NOT make much a lot of difference for us. For elite 1 players...yes. what I mean is do not concentrate your effort in formation custom tactics spend your time improving your game. Record and analyze some games (it is boring but it is what it takes to get better). The majority of the players do the following 2 things and if you stopping doing these, your numbers will improve.
    1) do not concede easy goals. People usually are in a hurry and want to find a free player when the GK has the ball. They try to throw quickly and give the ball back to opponent for free. Stop passing on the back: quickly pass the to a player on the attack portion of the field.
    2) That seems obvious but here we go. DO NOT pass the ball if there is an opponent player between your player and the other player. Yea...I know that tip may sound stupid but you give the ball so many times that way. Give value to have the ball...do not give it away easily.

These 2 things will help you I am sure. There is no magic trick, do not think a custom tactic or formation will make you win.

BTW. Where are u from?
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    If you have ur back 4 set to stay back and your cdms too, you have 6 people back.

Take the cdms off of stay back. Or keep them that way and set full backs to balanced
  • Safk001
    812 posts Semi-Pro
    Your English is better than mine and I am English :D as for the team it’s already been said 41212(2) or 4231. It’s that OP I’m surprised if there won’t be some kind of patch to limit its strengths.
  • Seandimes
    1526 posts Play-Off Hero
    Its definitely not the team or formation, both are perfectly suitable to qualify for the weekend league.
    As was said before, there is no magic formula to suddenly qualify, but maybe I can give you some pointers:

- Take some time in the first minutes of the game to analyze how your opponent plays. Does he sit back in defense, or is he playing high pressure. Does he play a counter attacking style, or possession based.

- adjust your own play accordingly. Most people play a counterattacking playstyle, which means you absolutely cant afford to do risky passes in dangerous areas. If they play high pressure, you can play around it with some quick 1-2 passes a lot of the time. Against possession based players try to finish every attack with a good chance on goal, since you wont get a lot of attacks anyways, you will have to make the ones you get count.

- more general, but probably most important: Stay calm, in offense and defense. Dont rush your players out in defense. Dont give away the ball cheaply in offense. If you are defending a lead towards the end of the game, make safe passes.

- more specific to your team/formation: While it is more than good enough to qualify, you probably could make it easier by switching to a two striker formation. In the 4231 it is much harder to create chances, and although its defensively more solid, you can always concede a stupid goals. Personally I would recommend the 41212 or 442.
    Also dont put your fullbacks on stay back, having them on balanced is perfectly fine and will help you in attack.

In the end its just a matter of practice. If you continue to get better, you will qualify. I am also a D 2/3 player, usually finish somewhere in gold in the weekend league, and won both dko tournaments this week with a 30k team. It is definitely possible, just keep at it. Whish you best of luck!
  • Safk001
    812 posts Semi-Pro
    Safk001 wrote: »
    Your English is better than mine and I am English :D as for the team it’s already been said 41212(2) or 4231. It’s that OP I’m surprised if there won’t be some kind of patch to limit its strengths.

Ignore my advice you already play 4231. I’m not with it today.
  • sulliez
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you can win 3 times in a row then when you get to final put boosts on players so you have a supercharged team for final, that should get you through.

Also agree on slow players... KDB in CAM works wonders but give him space... your crowding that midfield too much. 4-2-3-1 wide would work better.

Plus you should invest in a star player.

For example like Bale so you’ve got a “great” player who will bang them in. Put IF Allen behind him and Ramsey up top who you can sub out at start or swap into CM
  • sulliez
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Seandimes what’s a DKO tournament?
  • Seandimes
    1526 posts Play-Off Hero
    Daily Knockout, the weekend league qualifier
  • Isco233
    Eikistein wrote: »
    Ok. I am about your level div 2 or 3 but won dkt a few times. I strong believe formation custom tactics and even players do NOT make much a lot of difference for us. For elite 1 players...yes. what I mean is do not concentrate your effort in formation custom tactics spend your time improving your game. Record and analyze some games (it is boring but it is what it takes to get better). The majority of the players do the following 2 things and if you stopping doing these, your numbers will improve.
    1) do not concede easy goals. People usually are in a hurry and want to find a free player when the GK has the ball. They try to throw quickly and give the ball back to opponent for free. Stop passing on the back: quickly pass the to a player on the attack portion of the field.
    2) That seems obvious but here we go. DO NOT pass the ball if there is an opponent player between your player and the other player. Yea...I know that tip may sound stupid but you give the ball so many times that way. Give value to have the ball...do not give it away easily.

These 2 things will help you I am sure. There is no magic trick, do not think a custom tactic or formation will make you win.

BTW. Where are u from?
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    If you have ur back 4 set to stay back and your cdms too, you have 6 people back.

Take the cdms off of stay back. Or keep them that way and set full backs to balanced
    Safk001 wrote: »
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Its definitely not the team or formation, both are perfectly suitable to qualify for the weekend league.
    As was said before, there is no magic formula to suddenly qualify, but maybe I can give you some pointers:

- Take some time in the first minutes of the game to analyze how your opponent plays. Does he sit back in defense, or is he playing high pressure. Does he play a counter attacking style, or possession based.

- adjust your own play accordingly. Most people play a counterattacking playstyle, which means you absolutely cant afford to do risky passes in dangerous areas. If they play high pressure, you can play around it with some quick 1-2 passes a lot of the time. Against possession based players try to finish every attack with a good chance on goal, since you wont get a lot of attacks anyways, you will have to make the ones you get count.

- more general, but probably most important: Stay calm, in offense and defense. Dont rush your players out in defense. Dont give away the ball cheaply in offense. If you are defending a lead towards the end of the game, make safe passes.

- more specific to your team/formation: While it is more than good enough to qualify, you probably could make it easier by switching to a two striker formation. In the 4231 it is much harder to create chances, and although its defensively more solid, you can always concede a stupid goals. Personally I would recommend the 41212 or 442.
    Also dont put your fullbacks on stay back, having them on balanced is perfectly fine and will help you in attack.

In the end its just a matter of practice. If you continue to get better, you will qualify. I am also a D 2/3 player, usually finish somewhere in gold in the weekend league, and won both dko tournaments this week with a 30k team. It is definitely possible, just keep at it. Whish you best of luck!
    sulliez wrote: »
    If you can win 3 times in a row then when you get to final put boosts on players so you have a supercharged team for final, that should get you through.

Also agree on slow players... KDB in CAM works wonders but give him space... your crowding that midfield too much. 4-2-3-1 wide would work better.

Plus you should invest in a star player.

For example like Bale so you’ve got a “great” player who will bang them in. Put IF Allen behind him and Ramsey up top who you can sub out at start or swap into CM

Ty guys for your time and comenents.

• Isco233

About Kluivert.
    Its out of budget.
    Aguero is a great ST.
    Allways on the ground.

Start 4321 and change in game mate. And yes having kluivert defo got me extra wins
    I have Aguero untradable. He is now just a sub in my team. Aguero needs a strike partner don’t find him so good as lone striker

Hi mate.
    I was lucky yesterday and packed another Aguero.
    So now I have 600k for a striker.
    Witch ver of Kluivert shoud I buy?
    They both looks great.
    Or maybe shoud i wait for the toty and maybe his price will drop?

Ty.
  • Isco233
    Eikistein wrote: »

BTW. Where are u from?

Sry mate I prefer not to answer in a public forum.