That one thing that annoys you... (excluding the obvious)

Jason1986
7099 posts Big Money Move
Let's keep this a bit lighthearted, no mention of the obvious flaws in the game that annoys the hell out of everyone.

The one thing (other than the obvious) that annoys me is when you finally work the ball onto your strikers strong foot only for him to turn into some sort of contortionist to get a shot off using his weak foot.

It's like, mate I've just had to pass the ball around for an extra two minutes, hold off three defenders, get a skill move off just to get the ball onto your stronger foot...

Comments

• gutman22
    688 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When I get connected to US servers and I'm in LATAM.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    For me, it's whoever I pass the ball to refusing to come short even though I'm controlling them and have rammed the left stick in the direction I want them to go to receive the ball. Nope, they just stand there, motionless, as my oppo skips in front of them and waltzes merrily on their way to my goal. It happens especially with forwards but my defence often give me heart attacks this way too.
  • Jason1986
    gutman22 wrote: »
    When I get connected to US servers and I'm in LATAM.
    I'd put that into the "obvious problems with the game" category. Have another go.
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    I can't get it down to just one:

1 - My defenders getting sucked into tackles or trying to block a pass, no matter how hard I'm trying to back off with them.

2 - Holding circle being the control for both outstrengthing attackers and doing lunging tackles. The amount of times I'm side by side with a striker and try to outstrength him, only for my defender to lunge in and let him completely through is pathetic.
  • Mini_Miudo
    edited January 2018
    Oh, sorry. I should have just rolled with this one:

3 - Calling someone short on free kicks, yet they refuse to do it. Or even worse sometimes, your own player will fake you out, he starts running towards you, you press pass and then he stops running.

Like wtf is that? And how did they even break it? It works perfectly on all past FIFAs, yet it's a joke this year.
  • I couldn't name 1 :D
    But the numbers resetting does my head in, it's nothing I know but it really annoys me....

Also, when you hold down the button for a short corner, only for it not to register because my opponent is making a quick substitution...WTF?
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    When your keeper refuses to run 3 yards to collect a ball like, "yeah ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you, I'd rather defend a corner, like I haven't had enough to do already"
  • Zv1k0
    6148 posts Big Money Move
    I couldn't name 1 :D
    But the numbers resetting does my head in, it's nothing I know but it really annoys me....

Also, when you hold down the button for a short corner, only for it not to register because my opponent is making a quick substitution
    ...WTF?

I was just about to say the same thing after reading miudos comment. This annoys the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of me, mainly in SB.
  • BigKram
    757 posts Semi-Pro
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

1 - My defenders getting sucked into tackles or trying to block a pass, no matter how hard I'm trying to back off with them.

2 - Holding circle being the control for both outstrengthing attackers and doing lunging tackles. The amount of times I'm side by side with a striker and try to outstrength him, only for my defender to lunge in and let him completely through is pathetic.

First one is so irritating, players being dragged to the ball when you're trying to read the game.
  • Mini_Miudo
    BigKram wrote: »

First one is so irritating, players being dragged to the ball when you're trying to read the game.

Yeah. I especially hate it on berba-spins/giovinco turns... bet my opponents are all smug thinking they've done me, when in reality they're the easiest skill moves to read but sometimes my defenders just decide to jump in on the attacker and get destroyed. lol
  • harryhaynes
    390 posts Sunday League Hero
    Calling your player short for a free kick and the opponent managing to continuously block to player.

Has this happened to anyone else?
  • Alergi
    1181 posts Professional
    The most annoying thing that really pisses me off is kick off goals. I can handle the other bs, but kick off goals have to seriously go
  • Jobiwan
    3836 posts National Call-Up
    When the guy is blocking your nearest guy for a throw so you throw it to the next one but he launches it straight over his head for a counter attack to their super fast forward...
  • dbslbu
    1880 posts Fans' Favourite
    Goalkeepers celebrating EVERY save!
  • Jimmyfifa11
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    When your winger (which you have on get behind) starts to make run so you send a through ball and they decide to stop as you release the button.
  • Nauticius
    421 posts Sunday League Hero
    When your winger (which you have on get behind) starts to make run so you send a through ball and they decide to stop as you release the button.

• Jason1986
    100% experienced every single thing mentioned so far.

Going to add another.

Ball is in the air in your own penalty box, it's going to fall to your defender who has all the time in the world, you press X to head it back to keeper to give you a chance to get players back into position etc, but instead of headering it he'll wait till it's almost hit the ground and volley/half volley it back to the keeper who obviously can't pick it up. Keeper auto-❤️❤️❤️❤️ it up field and you're on the back foot again.
  • DangerZone
    979 posts Professional
    wade_7_ wrote: »
    When your keeper refuses to run 3 yards to collect a ball like, "yeah **** you, I'd rather defend a corner, like I haven't had enough to do already"
    Thats because keepers dont give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about you or care about how you feel, plus theyve had a box of xanex or any other benzodiazepines before they play
  • DangerZone
    979 posts Professional
    The thing that annoys me is when I have manual player switching and it decides I want to be a cb instead of my left or right mid to cut off the open player
  • aberry1000
    2377 posts Fans' Favourite
    The weak foot kicking after moving onto stronger foot deffo F’s me off.

Also when it’s a loose ball and it’s impossible to move your player to it
  • Zv1k0
    6148 posts Big Money Move
    Gonna add another. Player switching set on manual, air balls as well - when opponent clears the ball from their box, it takes 2-3 L1 presses to switch to the player you want to head the ball. And because you dont know how many presses it will take, you'll accidentally switch to someone else which will unlock the closest player from the ball - ball lost.

Player switching in general, set on manual and game keep switching between my players...
  • Bale11UT
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero
    When you get a good tackle and the opponent just keeps the ball/gets the ball back
  • Alex_cr
    5936 posts Big Money Move
    When you're in the middle of the park and you play a little through ball to your CM to run into space and the ref all but clothesline your man out of the way!
  • DangerZone
    979 posts Professional
    Ref in opposition clash colours! Opponent running through the middle and trying to block passing lane to the ref! Ffs
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something

Number two, so much this
  • Porsgaard85
    1023 posts Professional
    When my fullbacks rush forward In an auto tackle (but misses) ans past my opp wingers thou they are set to “stay back”. Allthoug im running just behold the winger tryk g to carch him with my CDM/winger.
    And its happening with alexandro, marcelo, florenzi and menuier. Pisses me og when its the AI that makes u concede
  • Porsgaard85
    1023 posts Professional
    ...and also when players are stuck In runninglanes made by the game and u cant get em to get out and get the ball. No matter how hard u Press leftstick.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    CM, CAM swapping postions in game.
  • AEsey
    6053 posts Big Money Move
    I seem to have the problem that when you get into the final third and then pass the ball out wide to the overlapping full back and they just let the ball run out of play
    This happens in other areas of the pitch but this example happens once or twice for me every weekend
  • Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    when the ball is going out of bounds but my player chases it down even tho im trying to run away from it and what was a going to be a corner becomes an out of bounds on me as a goal kick