EA - Time for some communication

SSgtBlunder
948 posts Professional
It is frustrating how little feedback we got from EA and the Community Managers on this forum.

When the new batch of Community Managers popped up in Jul 17, I was hopeful the complete lack of communication from EA to it's fanbase would improve. Questions posed by the community would be passed on and feedback returned. In my experience, that hasn't happened.

It's not like the questions being asked are rocket-science either, this is information that EA will have, it's just getting it out of them. For example, here's a couple of the many questions that's been kicking around the forums for months with no official feedback on:

1. Missing traits/specialities. I have asked dozens of times, posed here and the EA Answers HQ web page. Even direct messaged a Community Manager - yet no response. The last SBC card I unlocked, SBC Giovinco has also got a discrepancy on top of my SBC Al Soma and others I own. Why the lack of official response on this? What's being done to fix this? Is it just a visual glitch? No-one knows.
2. Goalkeeper Chemistry. How does it work? This must be known by EA and yet we as the player-base haven't a clue!!

I could go on with the other must asked/never answered questions.

In my opinion, we need somewhere on the forum where issues/questions can be logged/tracked and where feedback from EA can be passed back to us users when available. I noticed EA Andy had said he had addressed the traits issue. Where??!!

The forum is 90% now full of people complaining about things that could be alleviated by communication/feedback from EA via the EA Community Managers. You're effectively shooting yourself in the foot by providing us with mere crumbs of information about straight forward topics/issues.

Acknowledge the issues being raised here. Tell us when questions/concerns have been passed onto EA and persevere trying to get the information back to us when EA are dragging their feet! People will understand if the question has been raised and we even get an answer such as it has been acknowledged and being worked on. I have no idea whats going on right now with the missing traits/specialities for example.

Finally, I suspect like the community the Community Managers aren't happy with how things are going at the moment. The communication promised just isn't happening. I'm afraid a weekly generic, copy-and-paste TOTW post asking who we're looking forward to buying isn't cutting the mustard as feedback as far as I'm concerned :-/

Comments

• humjun54
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    k
  • bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    It is frustrating how little feedback we got from EA and the Community Managers on this forum.

When the new batch of Community Managers popped up in Jul 17, I was hopeful the complete lack of communication from EA to it's fanbase would improve. Questions posed by the community would be passed on and feedback returned. In my experience, that hasn't happened.

It's not like the questions being asked are rocket-science either, this is information that EA will have, it's just getting it out of them. For example, here's a couple of the many questions that's been kicking around the forums for months with no official feedback on:

1. Missing traits/specialities. I have asked dozens of times, posed here and the EA Answers HQ web page. Even direct messaged a Community Manager - yet no response. The last SBC card I unlocked, SBC Giovinco has also got a discrepancy on top of my SBC Al Soma and others I own. Why the lack of official response on this? What's being done to fix this? Is it just a visual glitch? No-one knows.
    2. Goalkeeper Chemistry. How does it work? This must be known by EA and yet we as the player-base haven't a clue!!

I could go on with the other must asked/never answered questions.

In my opinion, we need somewhere on the forum where issues/questions can be logged/tracked and where feedback from EA can be passed back to us users when available. I noticed EA Andy had said he had addressed the traits issue. Where??!!

The forum is 90% now full of people complaining about things that could be alleviated by communication/feedback from EA via the EA Community Managers. You're effectively shooting yourself in the foot by providing us with mere crumbs of information about straight forward topics/issues.

Acknowledge the issues being raised here. Tell us when questions/concerns have been passed onto EA and persevere trying to get the information back to us when EA are dragging their feet! People will understand if the question has been raised and we even get an answer such as it has been acknowledged and being worked on. I have no idea whats going on right now with the missing traits/specialities for example.

Finally, I suspect like the community the Community Managers aren't happy with how things are going at the moment. The communication promised just isn't happening. I'm afraid a weekly generic, copy-and-paste TOTW post asking who we're looking forward to buying isn't cutting the mustard as feedback as far as I'm concerned :-/

100% agreed. I've tried to bring attention to this in the past, especially regarding GK chem, traits and attributes but EA just doesn't care.

@EA_Andy especially the thing about missing info on GK chem and trait explainations are heavily overdue. Can't you do something about it please..?!
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    yea.. in this day in age.. mostly every other organization communicates with its player base.. not sure why they decied not to communicate.. I think of games like the division, they are always tweeting and emailing its players about upcoming news and what they are doing with the game.. confuses me so much
  • CoachDavio
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes and why no ICON. Change the chemistry mechanism or at least one measly little avg. ICON for chem links
  • Lee321
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    They won’t respond because how could they possibly defend a game which is proven time after time to be faulty in every aspect of the game . They just send u too a forum to keep the the people and their opinions contained and monitored. U will always get a response in regards to banning and warnings tho . They have sold their games and hit their targets so they couldn’t care less now ! Mission completed
  • seabo
    1413 posts Professional
    Lee321 wrote: »
    They won’t respond because how could they possibly defend a game which is proven time after time to be faulty in every aspect of the game . They just send u too a forum to keep the the people and their opinions contained and monitored. U will always get a response in regards to banning and warnings tho . They have sold their games and hit their targets so they couldn’t care less now ! Mission completed
    This, they have plenty of time to ban or jail people but seem to have very little time to respond to genuine problems within the game and provide more general and useful information aside from TOTW announcement.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Here's another question you can pass on and hopefully get back to me with the answer:

Why is it my custom tactics in single player has the team on Balanced while in Online it starts on Attacking? Same custom tactics, different attacking mentality.

For the record, custom tactics are:

Free form

Offside Trap
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    Check the pro clubs forums. No one ever replies there. It's like it doesn't even exist. Thousands of complaints and proofs of cheaters and EA is not doing anything.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Check the pro clubs forums. No one ever replies there. It's like it doesn't even exist. Thousands of complaints and proofs of cheaters and EA is not doing anything.

I've been bumping the same question in EA Answers HQ for over a month. No replies as yet from EA.....
  • Whitebeard
    3379 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2018
    No reason for them to talk to you. Any way EA gonna treat you, you still gonna play their game and spend money.
    People don't respect themselves, why should EA?
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    Whitebeard wrote: »
    No reason for them to talk to you. Any way EA gonna treat you, you still gonna play their game and spend money.

bitter but true
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    Considering the size of the company their communication is extremely poor.

As many have pointed out, as long as their financial targets are met why should they care, it's mainly down to the fact they're untouchable, not governed by any unbias organisation and without any real competition, as long as people love football they will play fifa, and if they play fifa there is a high chance they will open packs spending on FP in the process
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    Agree with OP. Thinking about it is there anything that EA are good at (apart from extracting money from people) and has left you with a positive experience? Nope me neither. Morally reprehensible company.
  • OiOiSaveloy
    65 posts Park Captain
    Why does everyone specifically tag in EA Andy? He never seems to respond or answer amy reoccurring queries etc..?
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite
    Moaning thread right here
  • Mutu10gol
    2493 posts Fans' Favourite
    100% agreed
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1181 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    Dont be daft ea are too busy counting their money from idiots buying packs until that changes nothing will ever improve with the game.

The game has been broken in every aspect since fifa 13 and they have never tried to communicate or improve the game so why would they after all these years just randonly start listening and taking feedback? Whether people like it or not ea dont care about their game anymore.
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    humjun54 wrote: »
    k
    @humjun54 shut up

• dylanmx
    Moaning thread right here

@BestFutPlayaEver Alright thanks for telling me, I'll add it to the moaning sub forum, right next to yours
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Sorry but what is this gk chem you on about ?
  • dylanmx
    Blarix wrote: »
    Sorry but what is this gk chem you on about ?

@Blarix i'm assuming chemistry styles, but I may be way off
  • Thrillho
    1116 posts Professional
    Too long
  • Numlocked_
    1632 posts Play-Off Hero
    Whitebeard wrote: »

Much reminds me of a certain reddit post that Nick28T talked about in one of his videos a few weeks ago. It was really bitter but probably the best and most accurate post I have ever read.
  • Alu
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don’t think any advice regarding gameplay will be accepted by EA, EA already set it’s own rule, it’s a game not a sim of football
  • Swagster123
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    i wish i was one of the moderators . i would answer as much as could
  • Swagster123
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    fun fact did you know none of the moderators play fifa
  • Swagster123
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    why do you think they dont answer cause they don't care
  • Ishibum
    12396 posts Has That Special Something
    fun fact did you know none of the moderators play fifa

I have always assumed they spread their time across multiple EA title forums.

All of the Ops gripes are valid. What also gets me is the utter lack of consistency when it comes to moderating comments. Seen folk post some pretty mental homophobic, xenophobic, sexist stuff and despite being flagged, nothing happens. Then other folk write something that is a stretch to say violates forum rules and they get hammered.

Something isn't right.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Communication and EA don't belong in the same sentence.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5502 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2018

Took EA over 2 months to fix the Friendlies issue, will take them just as long to patch the 99 glitch (if they even fix it) and people that had it on before the patch will still have a 99 pro since the last 3 FIFA games that have had a glitch have turned out the same way.

If it was an UT glitch, it would be patched in a few days.

Communication between EA and UT players is bad enough, communication between EA and people that play modes other than UT is non existent