Prime Shearer dilemma

1
DWR
358 posts Sunday League Hero
So this year I’ve had my highest coin total in all Fifa’s - a combination of squad battle rewards and following a few of the trading methods on here has given me a better team at Christmas than I finished with on Fifa 17.

I’ve never been lucky enough to pack / own an icon. I currently have just short of 600k with a Prem team I’m happy with. Question I’m asking is would you do Shearer? He’d obviously be most of my coin total and untradable (most of my players are to be fair) or would you look to wait / invest elsewhere.

Cheers!

Comments

  • kfcbucket21
    6074 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2018
    DWR wrote: »
    So this year I’ve had my highest coin total in all Fifa’s - a combination of squad battle rewards and following a few of the trading methods on here has given me a better team at Christmas than I finished with on Fifa 17.

    I’ve never been lucky enough to pack / own an icon. I currently have just short of 600k with a Prem team I’m happy with. Question I’m asking is would you do Shearer? He’d obviously be most of my coin total and untradable (most of my players are to be fair) or would you look to wait / invest elsewhere.

    Cheers!

    Unless youre the worlds biggest shearer fan i'd look else where. Im just not a big fan of going all in on one player haha last year in the summer I could just afford Pele but didnt get him as it wouldve just been Pele and cheap Brazilians. I went for a Tots and legends team instead
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    i love him but it wasnt all my coins on the main man...

    hes defo worth it but just depends what team you would ahve around him tbh

    hes currently got 118 goals in 104 games for me with 65 assists to let you know how good he is... all games were weekend league and div 1/2
  • DWR
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    DWR wrote: »
    So this year I’ve had my highest coin total in all Fifa’s - a combination of squad battle rewards and following a few of the trading methods on here has given me a better team at Christmas than I finished with on Fifa 17.

    I’ve never been lucky enough to pack / own an icon. I currently have just short of 600k with a Prem team I’m happy with. Question I’m asking is would you do Shearer? He’d obviously be most of my coin total and untradable (most of my players are to be fair) or would you look to wait / invest elsewhere.

    Cheers!

    Unless youre the worlds biggest shearer fan i'd look else where. Im just not a big fan of going all in on one player haha last year in the summer I could just afford Pele but didnt get him as it wouldve just been Pele and cheap Brazilians. I went for a Tots and legends team instead

    He was an idol of mine back in the day but not overly fussed if I don’t do him. The appeal of finally having an icon temps me more than the actual player.
  • DWR
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    i love him but it wasnt all my coins on the main man...

    hes defo worth it but just depends what team you would ahve around him tbh

    hes currently got 118 goals in 104 games for me with 65 assists to let you know how good he is... all games were weekend league and div 1/2

    Ederson

    Valencia Bailey FUTMAS VVD IF Zeel

    Kante

    IF Rooney Alli

    FUTMAS Lingard

    Shearer (?) POTM Salah
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    DWR wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    i love him but it wasnt all my coins on the main man...

    hes defo worth it but just depends what team you would ahve around him tbh

    hes currently got 118 goals in 104 games for me with 65 assists to let you know how good he is... all games were weekend league and div 1/2

    Ederson

    Valencia Bailey FUTMAS VVD IF Zeel

    Kante

    IF Rooney Alli

    FUTMAS Lingard

    Shearer (?) POTM Salah

    oh yer thats a cracking team around him and you can build up the coins playing games after you do him

    for me personally id do him but its entirely your choice mate always a risk when its all your coins what if you hate him etc.. have you tried the 89? id give him a go first mate and see what you think
  • DWR
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    DWR wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    i love him but it wasnt all my coins on the main man...

    hes defo worth it but just depends what team you would ahve around him tbh

    hes currently got 118 goals in 104 games for me with 65 assists to let you know how good he is... all games were weekend league and div 1/2

    Ederson

    Valencia Bailey FUTMAS VVD IF Zeel

    Kante

    IF Rooney Alli

    FUTMAS Lingard

    Shearer (?) POTM Salah

    oh yer thats a cracking team around him and you can build up the coins playing games after you do him

    for me personally id do him but its entirely your choice mate always a risk when its all your coins what if you hate him etc.. have you tried the 89? id give him a go first mate and see what you think

    I know. That team’s actually with POTM Sane and untradable Hazard on the bench too - tried changing formations to accommodate everyone however 4-1-2-1-2(2) is the way forward for me.

    I did rack up over 200 games with Zlatan and loved the aerial threat - Sane’s Skill moves don’t bother me and neither does Salah’s weak foot so I’m really tempted. Not tried the 89 just fancied going straight in for the prime.

    Question now is to complete now or wait for next week with TOTY / POTM incoming who knows what prices will do.

    Appreciate the reply - may do the loan tonight.
  • kfcbucket21
    6074 posts Big Money Move
    DWR wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    DWR wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    i love him but it wasnt all my coins on the main man...

    hes defo worth it but just depends what team you would ahve around him tbh

    hes currently got 118 goals in 104 games for me with 65 assists to let you know how good he is... all games were weekend league and div 1/2

    Ederson

    Valencia Bailey FUTMAS VVD IF Zeel

    Kante

    IF Rooney Alli

    FUTMAS Lingard

    Shearer (?) POTM Salah

    oh yer thats a cracking team around him and you can build up the coins playing games after you do him

    for me personally id do him but its entirely your choice mate always a risk when its all your coins what if you hate him etc.. have you tried the 89? id give him a go first mate and see what you think

    I know. That team’s actually with POTM Sane and untradable Hazard on the bench too - tried changing formations to accommodate everyone however 4-1-2-1-2(2) is the way forward for me.

    I did rack up over 200 games with Zlatan and loved the aerial threat - Sane’s Skill moves don’t bother me and neither does Salah’s weak foot so I’m really tempted. Not tried the 89 just fancied going straight in for the prime.

    Question now is to complete now or wait for next week with TOTY / POTM incoming who knows what prices will do.

    Appreciate the reply - may do the loan tonight.

    I agree with trying the loan first to see if you like him. Be frustrating to do the prime sbc end up hating him IG haha
  • LSB1210
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's better to buy him with coins. If you don't like him you could sell him for a minimum loss or even profit.
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    LSB1210 wrote: »
    It's better to buy him with coins. If you don't like him you could sell him for a minimum loss or even profit.

    he costs 900k with coins OP only has 600k which he could do the sbc with so this isnt an option...
  • LSB1210
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well, he can do the SBC but that's some xkk coins blocked in an untreadable. 300k coins is not much of you trade a little and some SB.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Did rui Costa, Hagi, déco and now puyol and Shearer.

    I wouldn't recommend puyol or shearer. Either do rui Costa or wait for another prime icon to drop.

    If you having a hard time making coins, maybe rather buy an icon, then bury your coins in untrade able players
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Buy the 89 he is just 500k and wont lose much on tax if you sell. If you really like him do the prime
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    Hody wrote: »
    Did rui Costa, Hagi, déco and now puyol and Shearer.

    I wouldn't recommend puyol or shearer. Either do rui Costa or wait for another prime icon to drop.

    If you having a hard time making coins, maybe rather buy an icon, then bury your coins in untrade able players

    people like this get to me i wouldnt recommend shearer... why because you cant use him.. people play differently my shearer and otehrs records say a differnt story
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    Blarix wrote: »
    Buy the 89 he is just 500k and wont lose much on tax if you sell. If you really like him do the prime

    this is what i said haha ! its the right thing to do
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    Hody wrote: »
    Did rui Costa, Hagi, déco and now puyol and Shearer.

    I wouldn't recommend puyol or shearer. Either do rui Costa or wait for another prime icon to drop.

    If you having a hard time making coins, maybe rather buy an icon, then bury your coins in untrade able players

    and btw shearer > rui costa had both and if you want a CAM who cant shoot get rui costa
  • YOLOT0URE
    6943 posts Big Money Move
    Shearer tempts me too tbf. Was awesome last year
  • YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Shearer tempts me too tbf. Was awesome last year

    And amazing this year!
  • YOLOT0URE
    6943 posts Big Money Move
    scalaneopt wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Shearer tempts me too tbf. Was awesome last year

    And amazing this year!
    How much would using Pirlo save me? Terrible card I have no use for
  • Everton1878
    2181 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd get the 89 if I were you. Didn't notice much difference between 91 and 89. Plus you can then sell if you want to try another one
  • YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    scalaneopt wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Shearer tempts me too tbf. Was awesome last year

    And amazing this year!
    How much would using Pirlo save me? Terrible card I have no use for

    maybe 60k 70k
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    scalaneopt wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Shearer tempts me too tbf. Was awesome last year

    And amazing this year!

    correct hes so good!!
  • Hibee
    11673 posts Has That Special Something
    I have found his loan card awful. Feels really slow an clunky, and missed really easy chances.
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    Hibee wrote: »
    I have found his loan card awful. Feels really slow an clunky, and missed really easy chances.

    either an issue with the loan card or you my friend.. one thing i can guarantee you he doesnt miss easy chances i promise
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
  • DWR
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Clear as mud as always but thanks for the input lads!

    Loan tonight then maybe going for bust with the prime. Already started to buy in the IF’s / 83/4’s anyway as I’m sure they’ll come in handy at some point even if I don’t choose to complete Shearer.

    Considering putting my untradable Hazard in too to save some coins ...
  • Hibee
    11673 posts Has That Special Something
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

    Yeah seen others have similar joy with him mate. Just wasn't doing it for me at all. In fairness I don't think the 20 games you get on a loan is enough. I also didn't like him enough irl to persevere with him. Although I was at his debut for Blackburn when they played Hibs in a friendly. We chanted what a waste of money, shows how much we knew lol.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2018
    Shearer has been good for me, bit clunky but puts almost everything away. 19 in 7 for me!
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    Hibee wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

    Yeah seen others have similar joy with him mate. Just wasn't doing it for me at all. In fairness I don't think the 20 games you get on a loan is enough. I also didn't like him enough irl to persevere with him. Although I was at his debut for Blackburn when they played Hibs in a friendly. We chanted what a waste of money, shows how much we knew lol.

    haha quality mate ! hes just an all time great im a united fan but loved him as a player, his finishing on this game is just insane as it should be !
  • Hibee
    11673 posts Has That Special Something
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

    Yeah seen others have similar joy with him mate. Just wasn't doing it for me at all. In fairness I don't think the 20 games you get on a loan is enough. I also didn't like him enough irl to persevere with him. Although I was at his debut for Blackburn when they played Hibs in a friendly. We chanted what a waste of money, shows how much we knew lol.

    haha quality mate ! hes just an all time great im a united fan but loved him as a player, his finishing on this game is just insane as it should be !

    He really should have signed for United when he had the chance. Would have had the medals to match his goals.
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    Hibee wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

    Yeah seen others have similar joy with him mate. Just wasn't doing it for me at all. In fairness I don't think the 20 games you get on a loan is enough. I also didn't like him enough irl to persevere with him. Although I was at his debut for Blackburn when they played Hibs in a friendly. We chanted what a waste of money, shows how much we knew lol.

    haha quality mate ! hes just an all time great im a united fan but loved him as a player, his finishing on this game is just insane as it should be !

    He really should have signed for United when he had the chance. Would have had the medals to match his goals.

    agreed mate i dont think he regrets it though so fair play to him i guess ha
Sign In or Register to comment.