OT: Buying new All-in-one PC Need Advice.

Noisy
1724 posts Play-Off Hero
https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/desktop-pcs/desktop-pcs/lenovo-ideacentre-520-24ast-23-8-all-in-one-pc-silver-10169695-pdt.html

Looking at purchasing this all in one PC in the PC World Clearance sale. Now my question is would I be able to hook up the Xbox one and double this up as a Monitor for it?

Everything seems to be ok apart from the speakers so would need to buy some speakers to go with it.

Been years since I last purchased a PC as I used to just buy Laptops. Is this a good deal?

Comments

  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    should be able to connect both xbox and pc to monitor if it has 2 seperate slots i think. as for good deal, whats your plan for it? it'll edit word documents and browse the internet just fine i guess
  • Sercs
    22317 posts Club Captain
    you'd get more for your money if your not overly bothered about having all in one and upgrade would be far far easier. (not even sure if you can upgrade an all in one pc)
  • Azof
    20393 posts Club Captain
    Looks to have both HDMI in and out, but a dual core in 2018 for that money is a joke
  • Noisy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hmm maybe it will just be better to buy a laptop and get a half decent gaming monitor instead.

    I was trying to be clever and see if I could get it all rolled into one, to save a bit of space where my Gaming TV is currently.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 2018
    Azof wrote: »
    Looks to have both HDMI in and out, but a dual core in 2018 for that money is a joke

    I thought it seemed really expensive.


    PC World are rip off though. They'd probably tell you this is a gaming PC too

    "Runs the latest games mate"
  • Azof
    20393 posts Club Captain
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    Looks to have both HDMI in and out, but a dual core in 2018 for that money is a joke

    I thought it seemed really expensive.


    PC World are rip off though. They'd probably tell you this is a gaming PC too

    "Runs the latest games mate"

    yup first line "Everyday: All-rounder for work and play"

    Sure it runs games from 12 years ago maybe
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    Azof wrote: »
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    Looks to have both HDMI in and out, but a dual core in 2018 for that money is a joke

    I thought it seemed really expensive.


    PC World are rip off though. They'd probably tell you this is a gaming PC too

    "Runs the latest games mate"

    yup first line "Everyday: All-rounder for work and play"

    Sure it runs games from 12 years ago maybe

    didn't even see the graphics card listed anywhere
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    Looks to have both HDMI in and out, but a dual core in 2018 for that money is a joke

    I thought it seemed really expensive.


    PC World are rip off though. They'd probably tell you this is a gaming PC too

    "Runs the latest games mate"

    "I'd recommend this gold plated 3 metre HDMI for £29.99. Transfers your data far better for a better image."

    Actual sales person when I bought a TV. He didn't appreciate me laughing, seems he buys his own ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

    For £550 it's a PC that really won't do much tbh. You'd be just as well with a cheap chromebook and a monitor.
  • Azof
    20393 posts Club Captain
    Fab wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    Looks to have both HDMI in and out, but a dual core in 2018 for that money is a joke

    I thought it seemed really expensive.


    PC World are rip off though. They'd probably tell you this is a gaming PC too

    "Runs the latest games mate"

    yup first line "Everyday: All-rounder for work and play"

    Sure it runs games from 12 years ago maybe

    didn't even see the graphics card listed anywhere

    The chip has an intergrated HD 630 in it
  • Denisianes
    8153 posts League Winner
    Just looking at that rip-off makes my blood boil.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Don't buy an All-in-one
  • Noisy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cheers lads, glad I asked before I just took the plunge.
  • Sercs
    22317 posts Club Captain
    Noisy wrote: »
    Cheers lads, glad I asked before I just took the plunge.

    Yeah just stay away from all in ones mate, you'll get SO much more for your money. I'd argue you'd probably be able to get a better laptop for that price then all in one :joy:
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    If I'm blunt this looks awful
Sign In or Register to comment.