Could a G1 player reach T100 with god squad?

Killashaw
1216 posts Professional
Do you think someone with a 1 mil team who finishes G1 could finish T100 with a Full Icon team (R9,R10,Gullit etc.)

I think they could reach E2 max, maybe E1.

Comments

• Currieman
    5018 posts Big Money Move
    They won't reach T100. Elite, yes.
  • dopetothemax
    2017 posts Fans' Favourite
    No. I’m a G1 player myself and could never imagine hitting T100. I’m not sure I’d even be able to get elite 3 no matter the team. A player’s skill is more important than the players they are using imo
  • Currieman
    A player’s skill is more important than the players they are using imo

To a certain extent yes, but it does have an effect. Better players can get you a few extra wins.
  • Hujaber
    4842 posts Big Money Move
    I get gold 3 with this squad :joy:
  • dopetothemax
    2017 posts Fans' Favourite
    Currieman wrote: »
    A player’s skill is more important than the players they are using imo

To a certain extent yes, but it does have an effect. Better players can get you a few extra wins.

I agree it can have an effect. But then it can get in your head too. Like, “Oh this is R9 I can take this shot” even if there’s a better pass to create a better shot. Using a cheap team makes you want to create the most clear cut chance possible, where having icons everywhere makes you feel invincible and maybe not try as hard to get the perfect opportunity. If that makes sense.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    Nop, imo maybe 3-4 more wins
  • Danic123
    3121 posts National Call-Up
    Depends on the match making.

I’m sure many who finish Gold will have a ton of games where they narrowly miss out by the odd goal or two. A much improved team would change those close results.

In cases where you come up against a much better player though, the team would make little difference.
  • RBailss
    13918 posts Has That Special Something
    I can get 25-29 wins with a decent team... Think I could push for 30-32 wins with a god squad.
  • Koolfashion
    2777 posts Fans' Favourite
    Having a god squad would match you more with the players with god/near god squad too.

Last WL I stopped playing with a god squad, and mixed icons with bailly, if jesus, if allan, nif valencia, and i had the best gameplay ever, won 28 where i had 25 wins only 3 weeks this fifa.

And also since I dropped "i need the best team in fifa" mentality, I dont have delay/❤️❤️❤️❤️ in fut champs. My friend noticed the same on playstation.

Now I plan to play 20 games with lower overall squad, and after getting 16-4 or 18-2 or something like that, ill match better players and ill add some icons to the team.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6351 posts Big Money Move
    I sold all my expensive players to get coins for Toty and IF investments...sold 88 Vieira, DDG, IF hazard, IF Jesus, IF Nain, IF Azpi....more than 4 mil. in players.
    Now I'm playing with an 83 team of untradables (i had an 87 team before) and I'm winning more games than before.
    Go figure.
  • caedite
    585 posts An Exciting Prospect
    And also since I dropped "i need the best team in fifa" mentality, I dont have delay/❤️❤️❤️❤️ in fut champs. My friend noticed the same on playstation.

As illogical as it is, somehow this is true.
  • Sercs
    19180 posts World Class
    no
  • Hollandman
    3525 posts National Call-Up
    I have never reach g1.Mostly i started the Wl with 15-8 or so but then i lose matches wich i shouldnt lose.3-0 lead or 2-0 lead i never feel save
  • M98H
    13742 posts Has That Special Something
    They won't reach T100. Elite, yes.

• '96dc2
    9027 posts League Winner
    No
  • M98H
    Even with an elite team, you feel the difference in skill level when playing an E2+ player from a G1 player
  • scalaneopt
    940 posts Professional
    It´s possible. You just have to believe it!!! Keep improving and do not rotate your team too often.
  • PelzyWelzy
    10335 posts Has That Special Something
    Not a chance - in fact, I'd go so far as to say a G1 player with a pretty standard squad would no doubt his G2 with a 'God Squad' :joy:

I've had similar things happen in the past, scraping to G2 with great squads one week, selling up, using a pretty mediocre budget team as I trade and wait for a few prices to plummet and going on to just miss out on E3 with it.

Happens all the time.

EA just want you to believe having a great team will infinitely improve your results. It won't. Your skill as a player trumps any sort of team you might have at your disposal.

A **** player is still going to be a **** player, regardless of whether they used R9 or Wilfried Bony.
  • Cadey 5
    12168 posts Has That Special Something
    Can drag you to elite I should know last year i went from G1 to E3 after some big tots pulls.
  • M98H
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Not a chance - in fact, I'd go so far as to say a G1 player with a pretty standard squad would no doubt his G2 with a 'God Squad' :joy:

I've had similar things happen in the past, scraping to G2 with great squads one week, selling up, using a pretty mediocre budget team as I trade and wait for a few prices to plummet and going on to just miss out on E3 with it.

Happens all the time.

EA just want you to believe having a great team will infinitely improve your results. It won't. Your skill as a player trumps any sort of team you might have at your disposal.

A **** player is still going to be a **** player, regardless of whether they used R9 or Wilfried Bony.

Common @PelzyWelzy
    What did @Pugzilla ever do to you?
    :trollface:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    28939 posts Player of the Year
    Elite would be a possibility.
  • PelzyWelzy
    M98H wrote: »

Happens all the time.

Common @PelzyWelzy
    What did @Pugzilla ever do to you?
    :trollface:

:joy::joy::joy:
  • Currieman
    The difference for me is that some budget strikers/midfielders miss chances whereas Ronaldo etc will score more often than not.

And that can be the difference between winning and losing which could take you from Gold 1 to Elite 3/2.
  • PelzyWelzy
    The difference for me is that some budget strikers/midfielders miss chances whereas Ronaldo etc will score more often than not.

And that can be the difference between winning and losing which could take you from Gold 1 to Elite 3/2.

Oh I dunno mate... I dropped Prime Bergkamp for NIF Belotti earlier because Bergy kept missing sitters.

Belotti went on to get 7 in 3 matches :joy:
  • Orison
    55367 posts National Treasure

Oh I dunno mate... I dropped Prime Bergkamp for NIF Belotti earlier because Bergy kept missing sitters.

Belotti went on to get 7 in 3 matches :joy:

3 matches is the main thing here.

Obviously I can take some silver striker and put 10 past some poor DKO opponents, still doesn't mean he will get me anywhere in 40 WL games.
  • TimRUFC
    3689 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t think so personally, I use my team in WL week in week out and hit Gold2 consistently. When Henry came out I hit Gold1 for the first time with his 20 game loan scoring 38 goals with him alone. Think I’d hit elite with a “god squad” but you have to take into consideration the concentration factor it takes to hit top 100
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    If they kept playing and practicing then Elite 1 is possible every once in a while. T100 is a stretch, 37/40 doesn't sound like much more than 34, but over 40 games there's atleast a quarter of them that you have to overcome mega BS. That's the T100 ability that needs to be acquired.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I’d like to have an account that had unlimited coins/every player on it and then let different people have a go to see how they got on.
  • Koolfashion
    2777 posts Fans' Favourite
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    I don’t think so personally, I use my team in WL week in week out and hit Gold2 consistently. When Henry came out I hit Gold1 for the first time with his 20 game loan scoring 38 goals with him alone. Think I’d hit elite with a “god squad” but you have to take into consideration the concentration factor it takes to hit top 100

Full God squad could destroy your gameplay. When I had 20 mil team, first 15-20 games was horrible. Lots of delay etc. After 20 games i usually start to facing cr7 bale + icons teams, and gameplay become normal, but 20 mil squad vs 200k bpl sweat is usually a nightmare.

Not skills wise, but so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️ its horrible.

I am spender, I like opening packs and playing/testing every great/expensive card in the game, but now i need to play with Jesus and Allan to have just normal gameplay :dizzy:

• ST0RM
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Depends if they know how to use elite players, anyone can use mbappe, Jesus etc however elite players in the right hands are just so many levels above and can win you games easy

That said most Ronaldo, Pele, Ronaldinho users try to use them like Jesus, that’s why they are ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for them

Don’t know why people buy players for 3-4 mil just to run run run ffs

I have many elite players and use each of there strengths attributed to them that’s what can get you top 100