Why everyone (more or less) has voted De Gea?

MisterRux
921 posts Professional
Don't tell me because of Europa League Cup because Romero was the GK in that competition.

Comments

• VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    You looking at one competition and asking that question. Seriously?
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    This TOTY is clearly not about who is the best anyways. It's about the most popular players
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    Because most people agree hes the best goalkeeper even though he didnt get ballon d'or last two years tbh
    off topic, but why the hell did neuer not make ea's shortlist?
  • ozcs_69
    4667 posts National Call-Up
    i voted buffon
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Because most people agree hes the best goalkeeper even though he didnt get ballon d'or last two years tbh

Yeah no..Buffon
  • Lfc23
    3242 posts National Call-Up
    Deserves it I would say he's one of if not the best goalkeeper at the moment
  • weims
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's purely a function of the demographic of voters. The "best" is always going to be subject to opinions and the PL is for better or for worse, the best supported and watched league in the world. Most who are voting would no doubt have been exposed to the brilliance of De Gea but not seen a single performance from someone like Oblak.
  • xFATAL
    5472 posts Big Money Move
    I want useable players. Buffon is not one of them.
  • Arron xox
    4013 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2018
    Because he actually is the best keeper in the world
  • Shehraj
    Santiago wrote: »

Yeah no..Buffon

buffons great but no way he is as good as de gea or even neuer lmao, half of his hype is due to people being sentimental of his histroy, had an amazing career though
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain

Yeah no..Buffon

buffons great but no way he is as good as de gea or even neuer lmao, half of his hype is due to people being sentimental of his histroy, had an amazing career though

:joy:
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    This TOTY is clearly not about who is the best anyways. It's about the most popular players
    this
  • Koll
    1447 posts Professional

Yeah no..Buffon

lol ok there
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Because he’s better in RL and in the game.
  • Shehraj
    Koll wrote: »

Yeah no..Buffon

lol ok there

Yeah no..Buffon

:joy:

have either of you watched de gea regularily? i really doubt it.
  • jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    De gea is simply the best gk in the world. No he didn't win any price but yeah still miles ahead of the rest (only neuer comes close)
  • Humma78
    2628 posts Fans' Favourite
    De gea as much as it pains me to say is the best keeper in the world and has been for about 3 years. Was playing in a poor man utd side and basically kept them in the top 10 at times.
  • Cantona84
    7844 posts League Winner
    Because he is the best gk in the world?
  • YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    Chellini Bonucci barzagli Sandro Alves were a fantastic defence last year. Buffon was great but he didn’t really have to do a lot. Now playing behind jones Smalling rojo young...that takes talent
  • Orison
    67709 posts Icon
    Humma78 wrote: »
    De gea as much as it pains me to say is the best keeper in the world and has been for about 3 years. Was playing in a poor man utd side and basically kept them in the top 10 at times.

That is questionable to say the least.

But anyways he doesn't need to be the best or 2nd best or 10th best keeper irl, he's one of the best in fifa and that's why people vote for him.

The only viable options for fifa are Fährmann and de Gea, Fährmann isn't on the list so it's going to be de Gea.
  • Cantona84
    7844 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    Humma78 wrote: »

That is questionable to say the least.

But anyways he doesn't need to be the best or 2nd best or 10th best keeper irl, he's one of the best in fifa and that's why people vote for him.

The only viable options for fifa are Fährmann and de Gea, Fährmann isn't on the list so it's going to be de Gea.

Yeah. But he is no doubt top three in the world. And plenty of people think he is number 1, so I can’t understand any criticism if he gets the GK space in the team.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Fifa wise will be good but Gigi really deserved it after the season he had..
  • Ian_Ando08
    14122 posts Has That Special Something
    De gea is the best keeper in the world IRL whats the issue im failing to understand
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Have you used Buffon in Fifa? He is the worst high rated GK in the game.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    De Gea is the best, no doubt about it.
  • WildaF3niX
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think Ter Stegen is better atm than DDG, his saves are mental
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    WildaF3niX wrote: »

Delusional, look at the calibre of player that are shooting against Ter Stegen on a regular basis. De Gea the GOAT.

• CraigB85
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero

Wasn't he injured for a fair chunk of 2017?
  • Hibee
    12538 posts Has That Special Something
    Because he plays in EPL.
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »
    WildaF3niX wrote: »

Delusional, look at the calibre of player that are shooting against Ter Stegen on a regular basis. De Gea the GOAT.

That video only shows me what a poor defence United got