Tips on slowing it down?

iWilshere_19
2005 posts Fans' Favourite
I get caught playing the ping pong back and for game too much which leads to games finishing 7-4 etc.. how do you get yourself out of that ping pong type game?

Comments

• Shaanxz
    20287 posts Club Captain
    Tap R1/RB to get players to come towards you, when there’s space switch it
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Let go of sprint! Dribble in midfield and keep an eye on your opposition player's position and turn the other way and space will open up. Switch from full back to full back. Don't be afraid to pass it backwards.

Formations are also key. Narrow formations are useless for possession play. 3ATB and 4411 are very good for slow play

I try to keep games as slow as possible
  • iWilshere_19
    2005 posts Fans' Favourite
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    Let go of sprint! Dribble in midfield and keep an eye on your opposition player's position and turn the other way and space will open up. Switch from full back to full back. Don't be afraid to pass it backwards.

Formations are also key. Narrow formations are useless for possession play. 3ATB and 4411 are very good for slow play

Sounds helpful 352 seems like it would work well for slow possession
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro

Sounds helpful 352 seems like it would work well for slow possession

Yes it works a treat. So many passing options in space
  • slicknick
    2626 posts Fans' Favourite
    just letting go of sprint is more than enough to slow the game down.

always look for backward passes instead of forcing things forward.
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move

Formations are also key. Narrow formations are useless for possession play.

I dont agree. I use 4312 or 4212(2) generally, as I find I need twin strikers and a CAM - but I still pay a possession based game - just need your FBs on overlap or at least balanced.
  • GeorgeGervin
    1548 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah possession and any 3 atb formation doesn’t work for me but each to his own.
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    I play 442 and play a slow possession style game, quite happy to play side to side until Soave opens up
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Space *