For those who don't play WL

TheQuest
254 posts Sunday League Hero
never have or have stopped.

Do you still find FUT interesting?

You just play seasons?

I'm really thinking of stopping, too much **** on that game mode but then I feel like I couldn't care less about the rest. The whole point of trading, getting coins, opening reward packs and improving team... is to compete in WL.
If I stop WL, then I have no drive to the all the build up to it.

i'll still play clubs but if all I'm playing is clubs once in a while, not sure FIFA has any value anymore.

Comments

• Pieman25
    16418 posts World Class
    Sure, I play squad battles as for me it’s easier to find the time for it.
  • TheQuest
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Sure, I play squad battles as for me it’s easier to find the time for it.

Yeh fair, I just hate playing the computer. Don't find any enjoyment in it. But it is certainly more relaxing and you still get something out of it.
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    I’m in the same boat. The gameplay is absolutely atrocious in the WL. One game my players can move properly, make runs and passes and turn, the next game they move around like slugs. Massively inconsistent gameplay is the major flaw of this game. Don’t know why they Carnt get it right but it will be the last fifa I buy I can say that much.

Makes the game mode pointless. Doesn’t matter if I have pele and CR9 upfront if they cannot move properly and I get a 1 second delay does it?
  • What a broken game
  • Lucca001
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeap bro, one week I play SB, the other a play WL, and that’s because I’ve been raging too much with wl... I don’t know if the game it’s broken, but I do sure know that they manipulate it all the time kkkkk thanks EA
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    I've stopped this year not so much as a qualifier game has been played this is for a number of reasons.

-The main reason is that there are a number of things I'd rather be doing than staying up till 4am playing fifa and getting up early afternoon. Too many games are required, and let's be honest it's a pretty sad state of affairs spending such a significant chunk of your weekend playing fifa

-it's simply not worth the hassle, pack weights are terrible, monthly rewards included, unless you're a pro the rewards simply are not worth your time, not to mention the finite nature of the game anyway, imagine if you calculated the time spent in 9months of WL only for it to be worthless when the new game comes out

- it's not enjoyable, this is majorly down to the community, the desperation for WL rewards take over and you play the same type of game against the same players with all the same rage inducing tactics being employed

- it's stressful, with the above factors considered I find that be it by tiredness or frustration I'm more snappy with people and less productive, this is down to the stress involved with the game, jobs should be stressful not games, games are supposed to be fun

- The gameplay is poor, what is the point in being invested in a game so much and giving so much of your time for one of the many #fixfifa issues to dictate the game anyway

In conclusion, each to their own, I know many people on here live their life for the WL but for me, I stepped back and had a look at the bigger picture and I don't want anything to do with it, I will get my tangible rewards from SBCs, trading, buying packs, seasons and playing friends.

Seasons isn't perfect but at least I can just switch it off if I'm frustrated and play something else then dictate when I FEEL like playing it again, and pick up where I've left off, I have an 8m team so I'm not missing out on anything WL has to offer
  • kukuchev711
    986 posts Professional
    I played the WL twice. First time I finished with 19 wins, second time with 11 (didn't play the whole 40). It wasn't worth it. Squad battles and divisions are much more peaceful and fun. I still get decent rewards and find some enjoyment out of it. But I can't play 40 games in a couple of days for 30k coins and some bad packs.
  • Behnam_12
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    Haven't touched WL since fifa 17 since it drove me crazy. Sounds worse in fut 18 so I haven't even touched it. I just trade my way up and try to make fun and creative teams to try out. I go from full arsenal squad to random unique teams to MLS hybrid. I just play seasons and a little squad battles. Keeps me calm. One more week of WL and i'll probably end up in some asylum. I'm good thx :#
  • CCole
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    WL is a cancer. Gameplay mixed with the try hards makes it that way
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    I stopped this year..but now I’m starting to improve (it’s getting harder to get used to the mechanics as I get older and have less time to play FIFA) so now I want to get back into it for the better competition. My only way is through divisions and I’m just about to break into D2 so hopefully I’ll do a few WLs before the end
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    Dazza3113 wrote: »
    I've stopped this year not so much as a qualifier game has been played this is for a number of reasons.

-The main reason is that there are a number of things I'd rather be doing than staying up till 4am playing fifa and getting up early afternoon. Too many games are required, and let's be honest it's a pretty sad state of affairs spending such a significant chunk of your weekend playing fifa

-it's simply not worth the hassle, pack weights are terrible, monthly rewards included, unless you're a pro the rewards simply are not worth your time, not to mention the finite nature of the game anyway, imagine if you calculated the time spent in 9months of WL only for it to be worthless when the new game comes out

- it's not enjoyable, this is majorly down to the community, the desperation for WL rewards take over and you play the same type of game against the same players with all the same rage inducing tactics being employed

- it's stressful, with the above factors considered I find that be it by tiredness or frustration I'm more snappy with people and less productive, this is down to the stress involved with the game, jobs should be stressful not games, games are supposed to be fun

- The gameplay is poor, what is the point in being invested in a game so much and giving so much of your time for one of the many #fixfifa issues to dictate the game anyway

In conclusion, each to their own, I know many people on here live their life for the WL but for me, I stepped back and had a look at the bigger picture and I don't want anything to do with it, I will get my tangible rewards from SBCs, trading, buying packs, seasons and playing friends.

Seasons isn't perfect but at least I can just switch it off if I'm frustrated and play something else then dictate when I FEEL like playing it again, and pick up where I've left off, I have an 8m team so I'm not missing out on anything WL has to offer

Completely agree. You are right games should be fun. This is the opposite of that and it’s all down to the gameplay. I really love the concept of fut, building your teams, trading, using your teams kits etc, it’s just let down by the BS gameplay and the gameplay is at its shocking worst in the WL which is the only mode worth playing really.
  • FAL
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dazza3113 wrote: »

PREACH IT BROTHA!!!

• GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    I've played far too much FIFA since October. I don't think I let it have a detrimental effect on my life, but it does dominate my free time. I've hardly played any other games in the last few months. Once the TOTY promo is over I'm just going to play seasons when I feel like it, trade and maybe the very occasional WL.

The problem is, if you don't want to do WL, then the only other way of getting packs without paying is to do Squad Battles... and a lot of people have no interest in playing against the computer. I know people say there's so many ways to earn coins and packs this year, but there's really not. There's either a ridiculously time consuming online mode that's tough to qualify for, or a grind against the AI.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    I qualify every 2 weeks but play maybe 1 game, 2 at most. I try and work up to doing more but I've not played more than 5 in a WL since the first month of FIFA 17. I find 1v1s to be broken and pointless, AI decides games, who can manipulate the AI better wins.

I do Squad Battles every 2 weeks, one week I do all 45 and get elite 1, the next I play the first 2 days and lock down silver 1/gold 3, just so I have some packs to open.

UT is just boring. The gameplay is not really that fun, the people you face online all try to play the same, you have to fight fire with fire to beat them because they're trying to play like people better than them and manipulate the game to win. You face the same squad almost every game, you face the same move on the wing over and over, the same type of defending, the same type of passing and there is just no variety. I try to stick with it, even tried making some unique teams to have fun with and sometimes I do, but the chemistry system is outdated, the mode is outdated and its just not fun when you put more than an hour or 2 into the game.

I'm not going to say that FIFA x was better or FIFA y took more skill because they didn't, pace and long balls decided those games, the only difference was that there were different types of players, different teams, different quality of players and games were more open now you have a lot of players watching Youtube and Twitch streams of "pro" players copying their teams, tactics and play style thinking it will allow them to get the same results.

Its just painful to be part of FIFA when its in this state.

I play Pro Clubs more than anything, always have, 11 real players going up against 11 other players is the best form of FIFA, its still plays horribly sometimes because EA's gameplay is shoddy but its far better than an AI player deciding the game. Competitive league sites that run 11v11 games are far better, don't get packs obviously but its still fun :joy:
  • Gromit
    3502 posts National Call-Up
    I didn't even like playing seasons.

I played Cups almost entirely. It was a far more interesting ride.

Seasons you just hit your wall after a few weeks of release then spent the rest of the year bouncing up and down a division or two.

WL is just too full of try hards and just simply too much effort. I did it once, only finished 29 games and that was enough.

Spent most of 17 in single matches with a mix of bronze and silver hybrids. Playing a mix of good bad and ugly teams.....such is this game.

EA ffs bring back the cups.
  • pekkaa88
    6035 posts Big Money Move
    Havent played WL in a month or so.. Most matches I've played this year was 30.. Then few 20 match weekends.. And couple of 10 match weekends.. Used to play a lot more last year

Not because of gameplay, although I do prefer gameplay of 17 over 18 slightly..

Just dont really feel like playing that much second year in a row I guess
  • BiigDee
    4410 posts National Call-Up
    I sink a lot of my own money into the game to get a team I want, rarely trade or play WL due to family and job but I've had some time off work recently and had more time to play which resulted in me hitting it hard for a week and the last 10 days I've probably played 10 games.

It's all just wrong, the mechanics are off, to many glitches and WL is just full of complete tools who would give a kidney up for a win. I could go from game to game not knowing how my team was going to play as every game it was different.

The final straw for me was being ripped off with them messing up the release of the prime icons. We all know how bad packs are but sometimes people have to buy them to carry on building there team with a small hope of being lucky. But your never going to get luck while they can leave such big cards out. What makes it worse is it's been over looked and kept quiet, we can't speak to anybody about it or even get money back.

They are a real shady company and they are getting worse. Speak out of turn and it's brushed off and your silenced by being banned.
  • Rhillips
    71 posts Park Captain
    I haven't touched WL once. Haven't even tried to qualify as it's just a waste of time for me. Mainly played seasons but getting bored of winning 7 games in a row then playing a season of games where my players are slow, can't pass and can't finish. Playing squad battles at the moment but that doesn't really hold my attention.

The packs as prizes are great, untill you get naff all and realise you've wasted your time.

Can't see me playing this game till the end and rushing out to buy 19. Unless they make some big changes
  • silverdale10
    1418 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    I think this will be my 2nd and last WL of this FIFA, I'm satisfied achieving Gold 3 - good enough to re-qualify but I need to play 40 or close to get that and it's not worth the time and effort, I've had better pack rewards using the Beginner method on Squad Battles playing the Mon-Thu rounds only. I'll never get anywhere near Elite in WL without paying-to-win.
  • jamiebbbbb
    57 posts Park Captain
    Weekend League is a pile of **** but I don't think it makes seasons less enjoyable. What does make seasons less enjoyable is the less casual, more eSports-friendly gameplay which has been implemented since FIFA 16/17.
  • Linchi7
    79 posts Park Captain
    Squad Battles has potential, but not enough variation in the teams, just like other FUT modes. And I’m not going to organize my entire week around that schedule.

Played weekend league once last year to see what it was like, I liked a lot about it but I have plenty I’d rather do than play 40 games over a weekend. And it only takes a few games against the “try hard”, “pause”, repetitive exploit crowd for me to be ready to pass my time elsewhere.

I still play online seasons. But I still trade and build teams to play with players I like, haven’t tried or that seem interesting to me. The idea of grinding to build a team of the same players everyone else uses for some rewards or coins so I can, I assume, buy even more players my competition has doesn’t appeal to me. Neither does buying a loaded icon CR7 type squad, I could but I wouldn’t enjoy it and I’d be embarrassed to use it if I did.

I’d much rather see a return to building interesting squads of bronzes, silvers and all three and then play a game against another human where we’re actually playing each other and not some heavily orchestrated and repetitive EA created “drama”. Imagine wondering after a match who that midfielder was that ripped you up instead of the way it is now where there are 4-5 cm/cdm that are used by >90% of the teams.
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    WL or not (Don't play WL) I find UT boring and it's had a gradual decline ever since UT 12
  • Gogs
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    In fifa 17 haven't touched WL. In fifa 18 tried to qualify 4 times and always succeed! I had 800k worth serieA-epl hybrid squad which played good last weekend. I won my 10 games out of 15 and that's ok for me. Can't play more than 15 games because it's makes brain dead. But today my team,the same team from last WL looked like a bunch of idiots. I can't pass the ball,can't defend to save my life,my players don't make runs,i have always 2 opponent players around me everywhere on the pitch,they coming like a rockets. I can qualify for the WL,i am in division 3 online,3 games played 3 wins,in WL had always 10 wins out of 15 games. Not too good but also not too bad. Today 8 games 8 looses,my players were non existent on the pitch. I am ok with loosing but that was something different today. Can't explain this. Deleted my club after that and I'm not sure that I coming back to this game because fifa is not anymore for casual players. The worst,i didn't touched my high end PC with bunch of good games in last 3 months because of Fifa. It's not worth it at all! Sorry because of my English guys,it's not my native language. I wish you all a nice weekend.