Rebounds favour attacker

TheQuest
254 posts Sunday League Hero
You cannot tell me this is a coincidence.

if the ball bounces back off a tackle, a keeper's save or a post, majority of the time it falls in the lap of the one opponent's player that is free.

statistically that's impossible.

Most woodwork shots on this game are inside the post hits, which hardly happens in real life, and bounce straight back into the path of Striker.

I wish I could easily save short clips on PS4 and post them with ease to make a compilation but the amount of goalkeeper parries that land in the one single attacker this guy has, the one area of the entire box where he is, is ridiculous.

Comments

• Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    It is. But that how the game generates goals and excitement
  • Dawud123
    562 posts Sunday League Hero
    I believe it's attack positioning and reactions vs interceptions? and reactions
  • Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’d say about 80% of the time a rebound bounces into the opponent who just “happens to be standing there”
  • ClerryJungle
    980 posts Professional
    Depends who the attacker/and goalkeeper is

A 74 keeper and a 86 attacker = rebound favours attacker

An 86 keeper and a 74 attacker = rebound favours defence

• Elio87
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special

:D
  • Gromit
    3630 posts National Call-Up

Lol yeah....thats what it is.

• Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Doesn't help that Hunter makes a random player have 90+ positioning while reactions is under dribbling category and who boosts that for defenders?
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    It is. But that how the game generates goals and excitement

Lol ...as @Gromit says, spot on
  • RadioShaq
    15261 posts Moderator
    People set everyone to get in behind with 99 pace. The. Have high speed and passing in custom tactics. It’s also why counters are so popular because offense is usually caught out.
  • ClerryJungle
    980 posts Professional
    Elio87 wrote: »

:D

It’s true, I know because I play with a 74 rated keeper and a 75 rated attacker and I lose a rebound goal on average once in every game and I score one once in every 8 or 9. Was the same last year until my 75 rated striker was upgraded to an 81 for TOTW then 84 with SBC. All of a sudden I was scoring them all the time.
  • silverdale10
    1426 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    I've learned the hard way this WL that it's a complete waste of time trying to defend in this FIFA. Castro has been saying it as well.

I had a game go to ET, made a really good slide tackle to rob his winger, ball did the magnet like move to his full back, I did two standing tackles on him but I couldn't lock on to the ball, it went firstly back to him and then to his winger who then crossed it, I blocked his attacker as he tried to turn in the box but the ball then bobbled out to his other striker for a tap-in. An absolute joke of a goal. What was I supposed to do, other than just not do anything and let the AI decide if my team should let him score or not?

Try to defend and the game will screw you over. They're going to score whatever you do if the game wants them to. They want every game to finish at least 3-2, preferably 6-5. Makes scoring feel very hollow and unrewarding but I guess this is what happens when you have a football game made in a non-football country.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    tbh, most rebounds against me favour my defense, stupidly in my favour at times, but that might be because I have de gea in my team
  • jakobpedro
    664 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Shehraj wrote: »
    tbh, most rebounds against me favour my defense, stupidly in my favour at times, but that might be because I have de gea in my team
    Same. Have Ruffier over DDG though