RUI COSTA SBC worth it?

cosminm
134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Hey guys,
Is Rui Costa SBC worth doing it? I'm thinking to link Ronaldo with him, but I didn't find anything about him here on forum.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• A_Snipe
    2531 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2018
    There’s lots on the forum about him. Some people can’t get along with him some people say he’s better than del piero. He’s my only icon because he’s so cheap. I like him a lot. I’ve used him cam and cm. I find he’s way better at cam. I’d recommend him but I’m not an elite player so don’t take my word for it
  • cosminm
    I'm not an elite either. Usually get Silver 1, playing more for fun.Thanks a lot for your reply!
  • TurdFerguson
    2593 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just did him, for the exact reason of linking CR7. I like him, but honestly I regret locking up the coins, as I now have new ideas for my team that wouldn't include him but I feel obligated to find ways to use him. In short, I think he's very good, but in the future I am going to be more hesitant about doing SBCs in general, as you never know when you might change your mind about your team in the future.
  • Notformeclive
    2481 posts Fans' Favourite
    Opinion seems divided, personally I really like him, I play as a CAM.

If you plan on getting some higher icons down the line then he's almost risk free.
  • His finishing is killing me all the time. I am using him on CAM with 4-1-2-1-2(2) but he comes RCM a lot. His strenght, dribbling, passing, stamina is great but when it comes to the finishing inside of the box he is so inconsistent.
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great passing and dribbling, incredibly inconsistent finishing. He's a mid tier player and worth getting if you plan to use him in the short to mid term, then trade in later for a higher tier icon but I wouldn't be building a team around him.
  • Fuego
    484 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Completely worth it.
  • Demon_reborn
    2709 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not worth it imo. To advance to the upper echelons of wl you need players to finish their chances on a consistent basis. Rui costa finishing is 50/50 sometimes he is on fire sometimes he cant hit a barn door.

Your bettet off savin your coins and buying if hazard or if dybala for the same price. If your using laliga you can easily purchase if griezman who is a goal scoring machine at the cam position.
  • ZiggieTTU
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great all around player at cam or cm and a killer link in the center of the pitch for hybrid squads whichever way you split it. He’s just been a very solid role player for me but being versatile player, as an icon, he opens up chemistry for picking and choosing your other favorite players.
  • A_Snipe
    2531 posts Fans' Favourite
    His finishing is killing me all the time. I am using him on CAM with 4-1-2-1-2(2) but he comes RCM a lot. His strenght, dribbling, passing, stamina is great but when it comes to the finishing inside of the box he is so inconsistent.

Use finesse I almost only use it with him. Still loves the posts but more consistent than other shots. Especially outside the 18 he loves the screamers
  • ChrisMagicman13
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have him, played over 130 games with him. Much prefer him at CAM to CM, and I think he’s great! Started off great, went through a poor patch and I regretted him for about 20 games... then I was back to thinking he’s fantastic and I still think that
  • Lunty
    2489 posts Fans' Favourite
    He’s the best value for money prime icon
  • Zv1k0
    5975 posts Big Money Move
    Over 600 games with him, love his passing and the runs he is making and i always defended his shooting cause he was quite consistent at finishing for me but now he is starting to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off. Hard link to CR7 when i get him is the only thing thats making me want to keep him.

Also, this is the one of the most frequently asked questions on this forum. Maybe search a bit next time. ;)
  • Seanspence31
    1018 posts Professional
    How much is he to complete at the moment
  • IxToMxI
    7004 posts League Winner
    Lunty wrote: »
    He’s the best value for money prime icon

This

But

His finishing use to really annoy me would pass him through he’d go sprinting through the middle and just would miss stupid chances.

Traded him into Henry SBC, haven’t missed him.
  • xFATAL
    5031 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2018
    Another prime SBC is best use
    He's not bad but his 75 finishing will annoy you.
    Post edited by xFATAL on
  • cosminm
    Thank you all for your responses!
    I decided to go with squad A, instead of B. Quite the same amount of coins.

SA: 1zpii68.png

SB: avn2pc.png
  • Swagster123
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    no get hernedez
  • OverLord
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    i have used him for 200 games. im just a gold 1/2 player. he is better than most cams in game but his work rates and his finishing (sometimes) can annoy you a lot. he is good but not your elite cam. i myself am contemplating whether to swap him for any other icon
  • Corgo80
    86 posts Park Captain
    Just change Neuer for Fahrman and you can save a few more coins.
    Actually i like Deco more, i have Deco, Hagi and Rui Costa, i play him and Deco as MC, he's good but not extraordinary.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2369 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's good but not great. I did Overmars first and he definitely feels like a prime icon should. Rui is value for money and will probably be traded in eventually. For now I'm very happy to just use him.
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    cosminm wrote: »
    Thank you all for your responses!
    I decided to go with squad A, instead of B. Quite the same amount of coins.

SA: 1zpii68.png

Bale CAM, WBY LST, CR7 RST imo. WBY's passing isn't good enough for CAM and putting WBY LST/CR7 RST will give you more low driven opportunities across goal.