What would you change?

OoSUPERDANoO
13912 posts Moderator
edited January 2018
I know everyone hates these kinds of threads but humour me...

I hit 22 wins in WL with this team last week, which is one of my better runs in WL. Not playing this weekend since i'm away... but anyway. Here is my team;

image.png

I have 1.9m to change/upgrade the team but i really only want to spend if i am actually going to see a huge upgrade on what i have, cause so far i really can't fault the players in the squad :D

The primes are untradeable along with the FUTMAS players. Anything can be changed apart from formation. Also full chem without pausing is a must.

Thanks for any help/ideas :)

Comments

• Moiizer
    5811 posts Big Money Move
    Personally id be upgrading your def and GK for a start. Feel like they are one of the more important aspect this year.
  • JoresOkore5
    1282 posts Professional
    Boateng and one of Kimmich’s special cards maybe for RCB and RB, then you could even put Vidal in as well
  • McRaven
    4163 posts National Call-Up
    At the right side of defense I'd get Boateng and a special version of Kimmich. At LB Alex Sandro or IF Telles. Personally I'd also go for ADP at CAM over Deco.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator
    Moiizer wrote: »
    Personally id be upgrading your def and GK for a start. Feel like they are one of the more important aspect this year.

Yeah i was wondering what people thought of the importance of the defence. I used loan 90 Nesta and he really wasn't up to much compared to Tah tbh
  • Scutch
    9915 posts Has That Special Something
    Desailly RCB. Boateng LCB, Alaba, Vidal.

Leaves you around 900k for RB and midfielder. Easily get 2 icons (Zanetti 88 is superb)
  • Orison
    46455 posts FIFA Cover Star
    LB: IF Roussillon
    LCB: Desailly
    RCB: Boateng
    RCM: Vidal
    RB: Zanetti
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    McRaven wrote: »
    At the right side of defense I'd get Boateng and a special version of Kimmich. At LB Alex Sandro or IF Telles. Personally I'd also go for ADP at CAM over Deco.

Been looking at ADP alot too. I love Deco though so would have to move him to CM if i was to go to ADP.

EDIT: When i do an untradeable, it's for life, not just for christmas :D
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator
    Orison wrote: »

Yeah i've been looking at potentially adding Messi, Zanetti and Des. Des better than other icon CBs in his price bracket?
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Chop in Deco for ADP for starters Danny boy
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator

The prime?

Deco is seriously good though for me. I can't see ADP being ~600k better :/
  • Orison

Yeah i've been looking at potentially adding Messi, Zanetti and Des. Des better than other icon CBs in his price bracket?

Not just in his price bracket. For me Desailly is the best CB in the game atm, insane defender.

Also Roussillon is on par with Sandro and Alaba, but costs much less (I've got the red one) so worthy upgrade as well.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator

Not just in his price bracket. For me Desailly is the best CB in the game atm, insane defender.

Also Roussillon is on par with Sandro and Alaba, but costs much less (I've got the red one) so worthy upgrade as well.

Do you have any ideas on a good price for Desailly?
  • Orison

What's he sitting at atm? Paid 717 for a fresh one about 1.5 weeks ago and bought the CM one for 760 2 days ago (which wasn't a great price imo, but I needed him for WL)
  • WoundedGoat

The prime?

He's been my best player so far this year.

316 games - 268 goals and 154 assists.

Night and day between him and deco, I would gladly pay 2 mil for him and still think it's a bargain.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator

What's he sitting at atm? Paid 717 for a fresh one about 1.5 weeks ago and bought the CM one for 760 2 days ago (which wasn't a great price imo, but I needed him for WL)

Cheapest BIN 775k.

What is his midfield card like?
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator

The prime?

He's been my best player so far this year.

316 games - 268 goals and 154 assists.

Night and day between him and deco, I would gladly pay 2 mil for him and still think it's a bargain.

Hmm, i'd be tempted to try the 90 or 87 but wouldn't swap Deco for him :D
  • Orison

Cheapest BIN 775k.

The same basically, I use the midfield card at CB too. Not a card I would ever use at CM/CDM, but as I said best CB in the game.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator

Cheapest BIN 775k.

The same basically, I use the midfield card at CB too. Not a card I would ever use at CM/CDM, but as I said best CB in the game.

Awesome!

Will keep my eye on him then :)
  • Orison

Cheapest BIN 775k.

Awesome!

Sound.

Price is obviously a bit steep when NIF CBs like Boateng are less than 100k, but for me he's actually worth it, saved me so many times, even yesterday when I was 3-2 up, made a mistake and got countered from my own corner, Desailly ran back and intercepted the sweat across goal to control it perfectly and play it out, basically won me that game and came up clutch in a few other games too (currently 9-0 in Champs) :)

Desailly, Vieira and Gullit are the 3 icons I want to have in my final team.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator

Cheapest BIN 775k.

Awesome!

Sound.

Price is obviously a bit steep when NIF CBs like Boateng are less than 100k, but for me he's actually worth it, saved me so many times, even yesterday when I was 3-2 up, made a mistake and got countered from my own corner, Desailly ran back and intercepted the sweat across goal to control it perfectly and play it out, basically won me that game and came up clutch in a few other games too (currently 9-0 in Champs) :)

I tried Boateng already and while he was good, he was no better than IF Naldo imo. That's why i sold him!
  • Orison

Cheapest BIN 775k.

Awesome!

Sound.

I tried Boateng already and while he was good, he was no better than IF Naldo imo. That's why i sold him!

I'm using Boateng and Desailly atm and yeah, Boateng is defo far worse. Still the best NIF CB in the game for me, but Desailly, Blanc and Maldini are a class above.
  • RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    I would scrap the entire team and start completely over. Fabinho at CM?? hes more suited for a CDM role. Your back 4 is horrifying.. Naldo always out of position with his high workrates. Sell those icons immediately, all overrated and buy bale/messi/neymar.
  • WoundedGoat
    joe666 wrote: »
    I would scrap the entire team and start completely over. Fabinho at CM?? hes more suited for a CDM role. Your back 4 is horrifying.. Naldo always out of position with his high workrates. Sell those icons immediately, all overrated and buy bale/messi/neymar.

He's winning with that team, so scraping it totally is an idiotic suggestion.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator

Hmm, Fabinho has been awesome at CM for me. I only really get along with that formation so can't put him anywhere else.

I really cannot imagine Neymar being better than prime Overmars. I've only played against him but he is incredibly weak and very ineffective?

I'm open to Messi and Bale for sure though. Bale is pretty cheap at 300k in comparison to previous years which has led me to think people don't rate him this year?
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17084 posts World Class
    Needs more Bergkamp imo
  • KingLionel10
    14950 posts World Class

He's telling him to sell the icons too, clearly states the primes are untradeable.

Hows the 433(4) this year Dan? Ever since I've used this forum you've always used it :D
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator

Yeah definitely. If i had no coins to spend, i'd be happy with the team :D
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator
    Needs more Bergkamp imo

Was thinking the 90 at ST?

Kluivert has been really good for me though, i like the bigger ST in that formation i've decided.
  • WoundedGoat

He's telling him to sell the icons too, clearly states the primes are untradeable.

Hows the 433(4) this year Dan? Ever since I've used this forum you've always used it :D

Yeah so much wrong with his input.

I was always a 433-4 mark, this year though I'm doing really well with 41212.

You should try that if you fancy a change.

For me though if you are getting 21 wins just make minor changes, 1-2 players tops
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13912 posts Moderator

Yeah good, can't remember a year where i haven't used it :D

You'd think i'd have mastered it by now eh! I only use default tactics etc but i really like the interaction between ST and CAM.