Really bad still at defending. Which Cbs please.

Drizzt
453 posts Sunday League Hero
I play 352 and have tried every other formation and this one I feel more comfortable with.

I cannot seem to get out of DIV 6 and can steamroll DIV 7, but I concede way to,many goals.

I recently bought Boateng, Ramos and Varane as my CBS with Ter Steg as goalkeeper, and this took over from my usual Bailly, Azper and Van **** with Coutios in nets but I’m still not seeing any difference.

If I suck at defending, is spending 3 times as much on defenders, worth it? Should I try a better 4 some (including goalkeeper)? Would investing in an icon CB help? Do I need to go al,out mourning and PTB? What about my custom tactics, go 20s on all defence stats?

I can score no problem, it’s the defensive side letting me down.

My CDms are Vidal and Casemiro.

Anyone care to help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

  • jdros
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have used a back 3 of Vertonghen, Van Dijk, Alderweireld for most of the game - your defenders aren’t the problem.

    Make sure your RM / LM have some characteristics that help in defending. Personally I like Mkhitaryan and Son with my team - reasonably tall, H/H, 5* WF. They need to cover the wings so your CBs don’t get pulled wide. Especially with those CDMs you should be pretty solid through the middle if you keep your shape.

    Good luck.
  • Drizzt
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    jdros wrote: »
    I have used a back 3 of Vertonghen, Van Dijk, Alderweireld for most of the game - your defenders aren’t the problem.

    Make sure your RM / LM have some characteristics that help in defending. Personally I like Mkhitaryan and Son with my team - reasonably tall, H/H, 5* WF. They need to cover the wings so your CBs don’t get pulled wide. Especially with those CDMs you should be pretty solid through the middle if you keep your shape.

    Good luck.

    OKay pal, thanks for the advice.

    Will sell my expensive defense and put it elsewhere and look at my RM/LM. Have prime overmars and Bale atm, but I move Bale to ST in game.

    Thinking of building a team around OTW Salah and Bale as my to STs, but chem sucks.

    Cheers again.
  • Longballs
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    I won't use any defender that isnt Med/High. I do occasionally use Azpi but that's not often.
    I put my my left and right Mids on "get back on defence"

    I'm in division 2/3 with it but the bottom line is that you will always concede, Just try and outscore is my philosophy;)

    If somebody plays 433 I start praying.
  • Drizzt
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Longballs wrote: »
    I won't use any defender that isnt Med/High. I do occasionally use Azpi but that's not often.
    I put my my left and right Mids on "get back on defence"

    I'm in division 2/3 with it but the bottom line is that you will always concede, Just try and outscore is my philosophy;)

    If somebody plays 433 I start praying.

    Lol. Cheers pal.
  • MyRoomsMessi
    2476 posts Fans' Favourite
    That’s a really bad formation tbf.
  • jdros
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    Drizzt wrote: »
    jdros wrote: »
    I have used a back 3 of Vertonghen, Van Dijk, Alderweireld for most of the game - your defenders aren’t the problem.

    Make sure your RM / LM have some characteristics that help in defending. Personally I like Mkhitaryan and Son with my team - reasonably tall, H/H, 5* WF. They need to cover the wings so your CBs don’t get pulled wide. Especially with those CDMs you should be pretty solid through the middle if you keep your shape.

    Good luck.

    OKay pal, thanks for the advice.

    Will sell my expensive defense and put it elsewhere and look at my RM/LM. Have prime overmars and Bale atm, but I move Bale to ST in game.

    Thinking of building a team around OTW Salah and Bale as my to STs, but chem sucks.

    Cheers again.

    I use prime Overmars and Bale as my strikers. Bales on 5 chem but it really doesn’t matter.

    When TOTY Ramos comes out I’ll move Bale to RM. He’s a total luxury there, but actually quite good and allows me to use what isn’t always the best defender in the game.
  • Longballs
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    That’s a really bad formation tbf.

    It's definitely not the easiest especially as you get higher up the divisions.
    It's fun though if your not playing weekend league.
  • SeanMurry
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Benatia-Bailly. Not even played a duo that's as effective as these 2.

    Obviously your LB will be either Sandro/IF Napoli guy(can't spell his name

    Your RB obviously Valencia
  • Tuulis
    440 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bailly-Valencia = Martial -Jesus-Salah

    Just disgusting
  • SeanMurry
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tuulis wrote: »
    Bailly-Valencia = Martial -Jesus-Salah

    Just disgusting

    It works
  • Wonderfulwest
    4629 posts National Call-Up
    I always start with 41212 and feel out my opponent, depending on how the game goes I'll change to one of either 3412 or 4231 wide. I really do like the freedom in attack with the 3atb formations but against certain players you'll be exposed on the wings. Best to hold possession and force the games pace to your liking. With the extra men in midfield and attack you should be able to comfortably dictate the tempo. I honestly think you defence is fine.
  • Raymondo123
    1119 posts Professional
    I got IF Otamendi recently and he's Been a rock for me.
  • Drizzt
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Cheers again all.

    Some really good advice.
Sign In or Register to comment.