Do vision and passing stats matter in this game?

Bellcheddar
1333 posts Professional
Looking for a new cam and was considering 89 and prime Hagi. He has really good vision and passing, attributes which are really important for that position irl. But on this game do these stats actually make a difference? (I'm not sure they do)...

Comments

• Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    It matters but not as much as it should.

Prime Hagi is great btw
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    It matters but not as much as it should.

Prime Hagi is great btw

Yeah. Shooting and strength stats for example are more noticeable in comparison aren’t they
  • Purplejacket
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    Vision more so than passing stat.
  • Williejno1
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    Doubt it when them top guys can win div 1 easily with team of bronzes
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2018
    It depends on AI assist so it's hard to notice it.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Been thinking about this too. Honestly I think that passing doesn't matter as much if most of your game consists of simple short passes, which I think describes many of us. You don't need >90 or even >80 passing to play a series of short one-twos to get in on goal.

But I've found that those with high passing and vision stats are capable of amazing through passes even if you didn't intend it. Like if you hit a hopeful through pass to your striker who's getting in behind, the ball is much more likely to somehow find a way through if you're using a great passer as compared to a good passer.
  • Owls4everr
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    Use Pirlo it’s like he has a trait of can never intercept one of his passes.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    The only players that appear to have unique passing, from player I've used are 91 Pirlo, Del Perio.
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    Been thinking about this too. Honestly I think that passing doesn't matter as much if most of your game consists of simple short passes, which I think describes many of us. You don't need >90 or even >80 passing to play a series of short one-twos to get in on goal.

But I've found that those with high passing and vision stats are capable of amazing through passes even if you didn't intend it. Like if you hit a hopeful through pass to your striker who's getting in behind, the ball is much more likely to somehow find a way through if you're using a great passer as compared to a good passer.

Yeah, I agree completely with the second paragraph that's what I've noticed too sometimes.
  • Liam W
    2754 posts Fans' Favourite
    Vision matters for certain passes. Especially if you are trying to pass to a player either far away or not in the direction the passer is facing.
  • mindm4ster
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    it doesn't -every scrub can make pin point pass through 5 players inside the box blindfolded
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    Players seem so.move better around a player with good vision. For example Jesus makes insane runs when I'm controlling Dr Bruyne but less so if I'm controlling Baka or Valencia. Auto passes seem to take a much better path also, avoiding defenders and getting strikers in behind.
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    Looking for a new cam and was considering 89 and prime Hagi. He has really good vision and passing, attributes which are really important for that position irl. But on this game do these stats actually make a difference? (I'm not sure they do)...

You gone for him yet? I'm 60k away from.his 89 card
  • Dawud123
    562 posts Sunday League Hero
    It matters a lot more if you play a possession based game
  • KUIKUI
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    Owls4everr wrote: »

Vision works with assists. Smart passes. Thats what a CAm needs
  • TheMightyBee
    3072 posts National Call-Up
    It matters more for through balls, I find a passing stat makes all the difference here.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Lots of people posting here about how important Vision is, but to my knowledge, 100% of the explanation on its relevance in the game is how it affects AI-controlled players:

As Vision is described by EA, it's the ability for a player to see a certain pass, and has nothing to do with the accuracy of that pass (that is dictated by a player's short/long passing attributes).
  • maksi
    I really miss those videos with examples in development mode, now everything about gameplay is hidden in a cloud of mystery.
  • Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can confirm Pirlo’s passing is unique. For once, I played a trough ball to Mbappe getting in behind, and ‘cause of his vision it landed while I didn’t even aim at him. So it kinda find Mbappe because of the vision Pirlo has, not because of me
  • Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    Robinflex wrote: »
    Can confirm Pirlo’s passing is unique. For once, I played a trough ball to Mbappe getting in behind, and ‘cause of his vision it landed while I didn’t even aim at him. So it kinda find Mbappe because of the vision Pirlo has, not because of me
    Yeah i tested with pirlo his through balls were perfect power almost all the time. But its still not a very important stat IMO.
  • KUIKUI
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gorda wrote: »
    Yeah i tested with pirlo his through balls were perfect power almost all the time. But its still not a very important stat IMO.

Yes Pirlo stats are like an Icon! Even better. Passing. 99. I got him on my main team with 10 chem. He is really good. Even his poor stamina? It doesnt feel like it really affects him. Best penalty, corners kick, free kicks, my midfiels is Prime Vieira', 86 Gullit and sbc Pirlo. He is just awesome .
  • maksi
    edited January 2018
    Gorda wrote: »
    But its still not a very important stat IMO.
    if you play meta with 1-2 short passing narrow formation it isn't, if you want to play creative it is

• Notformeclive
    2492 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do any stats aside from pace, agility and aggression matter in this game?

Barely.
  • Salcinoovic
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just pace :)
  • princeapalia
    1080 posts Professional
    No, my silvers pass just as well as my EOAE Pirlo
  • Lee321
    754 posts Semi-Pro

It’s called 99 passing bro
  • Mr. Soper
    2636 posts National Call-Up
    Pirlo is the example that passing stats can change a game. I thought vision is how how the AI controled player will make runs
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something

Have you considered the possibility that Pirlo played a very accurate long pass in that situation due to him having 96 long passing accuracy? I'm not sure how we're involving Vision in this.
  • Clancy
    8291 posts League Winner
    Do any stats aside from pace, agility and aggression matter in this game?

Barely.

Balance. The most important stat of all
  • ThefootballKing717
    234 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just pace :)