OT: Does anyone here run? (Marathons)

Santiago
21486 posts Club Captain
Just curious. The NYC one caught my interest and I think it would be a pretty cool thing to do. Only really ran the 10 miles of Antwerp before when it comes to running so it wouldn't be for this year since I would probably have to practice alot before running 26 miles.

Just wanna hear people their experiences.

Comments

• VICTAAAA
    10734 posts Has That Special Something
    I started distance running last year and I think a half marathon should be in the works for late 2018 early 2019.

I know a few people who can put down the 26.2 at around ~10 minutes per mile. They’ve trained plenty and are all now essentially always marathons ready.

I would love to tell you more but I’m only maxed around 10k for the weekends and 4-5k per day.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    VICTAAAA wrote: »
    I started distance running last year and I think a half marathon should be in the works for late 2018 early 2019.

I know a few people who can put down the 26.2 at around ~10 minutes per mile. They’ve trained plenty and are all now essentially always marathons ready.

I would love to tell you more but I’m only maxed around 10k for the weekends and 4-5k per day.

Very nice. It would definitely require a lot of training. Do you know which marathon you want to run?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I think it’s very tough to get a place in the NYC one
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    DaveSaves wrote: »

Yeah read that. Found a Dutch site that sells packages including a spot in the marathon though but we will see I guess. Won't be happening for a long time.
  • Azof
    16011 posts World Class
    Cousin ran her first one last year and said it was hardest thing shed ever done but it was worth it.

Dont think i could run the length of myself
  • VICTAAAA
    Santiago wrote: »
    VICTAAAA wrote: »

Very nice. It would definitely require a lot of training. Do you know which marathon you want to run?

Half marathon wise, no clue. If I’m in Asia, probably something there; if I’m at home during winter, maybe something in the Southern Hemisphere so I don’t freeze for 13.1 miles. :lol:
  • VICTAAAA
    edited January 2018
    DaveSaves wrote: »

I don’t think it is tbh. I think picking up your stuff early and everything might be the hard part, it’s not exactly print out a bib and just show up for the run. I have two friends that run NYC every year, one is here in SF and the other now lives in NY. It’s 10:40pm, I’m going for my run now! :smile:
  • Carlos181
    3768 posts National Call-Up
    Used to do a lot of marathons, but stopped because I didn’t enjoy it anymore. I also don’t miss it at all.
  • NeymarJr85
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    Last year i finished my 2nd marathon. It went much better than the first one and i finished at 3:43
    Its awesome to do and gives a great feeling afterwards... just take your time to prepare. Its not necessary to run more than 32 km in your training
  • Hodor
    1392 posts Play-Off Hero
    that would be insane.

I've only done a few half's but would love to do a full one.
    I just drink too much alcohol which is my downfall :joy: