The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

whats the point of free packs when we cannot trade the players?

RichieDaSavage
1747 posts Play-Off Hero
^

Comments

• Blackbird
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    They're a nice reward and they don't break the market in the process. Personally, I think you should be able to buy untradeable packs.
  • Has there been free packs given out? Or is this just from the tourneys
  • So you use them?
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hus wrote: »
    So you use them?
    Yeah I know but what about the players that use packs only to trade and are aiming to build a certain squad. They might find players then need but the rest of cards will be useless to them.
  • Hus
    822 posts
    edited June 2015
    Hus wrote: »
    So you use them?
    Yeah I know but what about the players that use packs only to trade and are aiming to build a certain squad. They might find players then need but the rest of cards will be useless to them.
    They can discard or keep them ,as the cards have no value coin wise and the packs didn't cost anything It has no effect on whether you trade or not....is that what you meant?
  • FCB-Bastos
    2413 posts Fans' Favourite
    So people are ungrateful.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    edited June 2015
    Blackbird wrote: »
    They're a nice reward and they don't break the market in the process. Personally, I think you should be able to buy untradeable packs.
    Agreed. Maybe like a 50% discount from its original price. Untradeable 7.5k packs for 3.25k yes pls.

edit: i dont math
  • madmel
    793 posts Semi-Pro
    me too, at half or even a third of the price

• Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    edited June 2015
    i suck
  • Korthan
    2407 posts Fans' Favourite
    Untradeables never bothered me before but if EA are going to keep giving you rubbish/duplicates in packs then they should at least let you be able to quicksell them.
  • Onedoesntsimply
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Korthan wrote: »
    Untradeables never bothered me before but if EA are going to keep giving you rubbish/duplicates in packs then they should at least let you be able to quicksell them.

Yeah, discarding shiny golds for 0 coins is getting annoying.
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    FCB-Bastos wrote: »
    So people are ungrateful.
    :D
    How am I ungrateful when Ea are the ones rinsing out everyone's pockets. With the amount of money people spend on packs they can surely at least give us the option to quick sell each player for 300 coins or so.
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Its not even a big deal, so don't call me ungrateful *****. I was just asking a question.
  • Choepiechakie
    32608 posts National Team Captain

Whats the point of buying untradable packs
  • Mattheos
    1423 posts Professional
    I like them, I've built a few nice squads of the untrade's I've packed plus I'm stupid and get tempted to sell and buy packs, these stop me.
  • Blackbird
    240 posts Sunday League Hero

Because maybe you're like me and you keep your packed players to make lots of pack only teams. The only players I buy on the market are rare silvers.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    People are forgetting that some of the enjoyment of this game is actually playing it...it's not all about making money and trading...
  • Kakarot1996
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero
    ^

Because getting any half decent player that is untradeable will always be better than not getting anything at all.

The only have decent player I've gotten from a free pack is TIF Kane, I used him in one game and he just sits in my club but it's definitely better than nothing
  • Gladiaattori1500
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ........using them maybe? Idk
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    People are forgetting that some of the enjoyment of this game is actually playing it...it's not all about making money and trading...

I'm not sure that applies to this particular thread, but I do agree with you if we are talking about this forum in general.

People spending multiple hours of the day searching and re-searching to snipe and hoard the "extinct" players in order to profit from the eventual price range increases are the worst scum of this game.

Atleast the obnoxious players that only lb-y with Aubayemang/Walcott/Sturrige are playing the game.
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    If EA made it so untradeable packs didn't offer duplicate untradeables, it would be perfect. Unfortunately that will never be the case.
  • Hibee
    12350 posts Has That Special Something

I'm not sure that applies to this particular thread, but I do agree with you if we are talking about this forum in general.

People spending multiple hours of the day searching and re-searching to snipe and hoard the "extinct" players in order to profit from the eventual price range increases are the worst scum of this game.

Atleast the obnoxious players that only lb-y with Aubayemang/Walcott/Sturrige are playing the game.

This! Totally agree. I would like in FIFA 16 for them to only allow you to keep one of each player at a time. Duplicates must be put up for sale right away.
  • Choepiechakie
    32608 posts National Team Captain

Because maybe you're like me and you keep your packed players to make lots of pack only teams. The only players I buy on the market are rare silvers.
    Yeah but then you just send them to your club. And what you do with duplicates discard them 0 coins. As long there is a trade market packs eho you can buy should all be sellable.
  • Timoner12
    5622 posts Big Money Move
    They are giving you a pack for free, and you are complaining about it, so yes, you are ungrateful
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    Hibee wrote: »

This! Totally agree. I would like in FIFA 16 for them to only allow you to keep one of each player at a time. Duplicates must be put up for sale right away.

I'm right with you on that.
  • Weston Super Mare
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    So EA can give better rewards for tournaments.
  • Weston Super Mare
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    What would you prefer an untradeable 50k pack or tradeable 5k?
  • Korthan
    2407 posts Fans' Favourite

• RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Timoner12 wrote: »
    They are giving you a pack for free, and you are complaining about it, so yes, you are ungrateful
    How am I complaining by asking a question and your clearly trolling, sucking Ea's a**.
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    It would be nice if I could quick sell for coins

It's stupid quick selling a whole pack for 0