The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Any chance we'll get a full silver Weekend League?

Would be really fun. Would have been interesting to see the leaderboards and how the "pros" do as well when everyone have similar rated teams without icons etc.

Comments

• ml1dch
    1508 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would be great, but won't happen.

There were more experimental ones at the start of last year (all La Liga, one nationality etc) but people started whinging about it.

It'll stay as it is now.
  • Vaaass
    2865 posts National Call-Up
    That'd be amazing. I would absolutely kill for a less competitive version of the WL. Same amount of games but the rewards could be worse and the rules are stricter - it would honestly reel me back into the game
  • Retro_G
    31972 posts National Team Captain
    They should special requirements during non qualifing months.
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    It wouldn't be fun. There is a small pool of op silver players, which everyone would just use. It wouldn't create variety etc like you might like to think.

The pros would still win, despite what you might want to think, they are generally incredibly good at the game.

37 wins, with a bronze team.

Considering that only 4 words of the op is about actually having fun, with the rest being about the leader boards etc, I'd assume this thread wasn't made 'for fun' but someone is actually more jealous about the teams they face.

In terms of a silver weekend league, I think it would be a good idea. Maybe have it 20 games and lower the rewards. Don't know if it would cb be hard to implement though. I'd also imagine getting games would be pretty hard.

Plus, as I said, you would face the same pacey, op silver players
    Just like last year, when you had to have 3 silver players in your team. Players like Opara and yedlin were so common.
  • Alp_2760 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be fun. There is a small pool of op silver players, which everyone would just use. It wouldn't create variety etc like you might like to think.

The pros would still win, despite what you might want to think, they are generally incredibly good at the game.

Considering that only 4 words of the op is about actually having fun, with the rest being about the leader boards etc, I'd assume this thread wasn't made 'for fun' but someone is actually more jealous about the teams they face.

In terms of a silver weekend league, I think it would be a good idea. Maybe have it 20 games and lower the rewards. Don't know if it would cb be hard to implement though. I'd also imagine getting games would be pretty hard.

Just like last year, when you had to have 3 silver players in your team. Players like Opara and yedlin were so common.
    Come on, there are more than just a few OP silver players. There would at least be more variety than in a normal WL.

Yes, sure, I expect most pros to do well anyway but surely some will do better/worse. I'm not jealus, I have a team with Prime Henry and Prime ADP myself and I'm struggling to get elite 3 cause I'm not good at this game. Wouldn't expect myself to do any better with a silver WL, just thought it would be fun to change thing up a bit.
  • Vaaass
    2865 posts National Call-Up
    Alp_2760 wrote: »

"jealous about the teams they face".

Out of all 40 games I only actually play against a better team than mine once or twice, I want it because all I ever play against is Jesus & Bakayoko. Considering I could afford to fill my trade pile with Jesus and still have coins left over, that doesn't really scream jealousy - I find this game incredibly tedious and boring so I personally want something different. Playing overused silver players is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than playing overused gold players
  • HelloDearie
    2410 posts Fans' Favourite
    Vaaass wrote: »

Out of all 40 games I only actually play against a better team than mine once or twice, I want it because all I ever play against is Jesus & Bakayoko. Considering I could afford to fill my trade pile with Jesus and still have coins left over, that doesn't really scream jealousy - I find this game incredibly tedious and boring so I personally want something different. Playing overused silver players is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than playing overused gold players

agree, although Im not rolling in coins unfortunately! But a bit of variety in it would be nice. I have only done 2 WL all year as I cannot be bothered with it. Interesting, different rules may make me want to play it again.
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    Vaaass wrote: »

I wasn't referring to you
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    2731 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’d love this, the DKT just now is a breath of fresh air
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    jakobpedro wrote: »

Come on, there are more than just a few OP silver players. There would at least be more variety than in a normal WL.

Yes, sure, I expect most pros to do well anyway but surely some will do better/worse. I'm not jealus, I have a team with Prime Henry and Prime ADP myself and I'm struggling to get elite 3 cause I'm not good at this game. Wouldn't expect myself to do any better with a silver WL, just thought it would be fun to change thing up a bit.

Fair enough.

I wouldn't be too sure of that tbh, I don't think you would get much more variety.

I've played this game since fut launched, the community have a habit of sucking the life out of it, its always been the case. Despite what some people might try and say about oast glory days. There has always been a template, a meta, a cookie cutter league/tram build. The desperate 'win at all costs' mentality of the wider community makes it so difficult.

A silver wl, as well intentioned as it may be, would be a let down. More than half of the player base would copy some 'op' squad from YouTube, probably including the likes of yedlin, opara and some rapid front 3, then proceed to spam the exact same tactics they do with gold players.