NIF Lukaku or SIF Arnautovic

Breaker1987
1484 posts Play-Off Hero
Who to choose as "strong" forward? Opinions?

Comments

• woggyboy86
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who to choose as "strong" forward? Opinions?

If your playing a lone striker Lukaku just doesn't do it. Not for me. He's strong in the ball but he seems to only have one foot and just doesn't make any good runs
  • Tboon
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do you have futmas Carroll? Best strong striker for me.
  • SanderFC
    2646 posts Fans' Favourite
    I tried Arnautovic (with hunter) now for 2 games in division 3 and while he scored 3 and assisted 1, his shooting felt really bad. How he scored:
    Goal 1: the goalie dived for some reason the other way in a 1vs1
    Goal 2: the goalie stopped the ball but after that it bounced against his legs and rolled into over the goal line
    Goal 3: the ball hits a defender and goes in near post, the ball would otherwise miss the goal
    No idea how Arnautovic got that second and third goal, they were imo own goals... He also missed multiple huge opportunities.

Gonna sell him before the WL rewards drop.
  • ha032742
    35044 posts Moderator
    SanderFC wrote: »
    I tried Arnautovic (with hunter) now for 2 games in division 3 and while he scored 3 and assisted 1, his shooting felt really bad. How he scored:
    Goal 1: the goalie dived for some reason the other way in a 1vs1
    Goal 2: the goalie stopped the ball but after that it bounced against his legs and rolled into over the goal line
    Goal 3: the ball hits a defender and goes in near post, the ball would otherwise miss the goal
    No idea how Arnautovic got that second and third goal, they were imo own goals... He also missed multiple huge opportunities.

Gonna sell him before the WL rewards drop.

His shooting stats are pretty average considering it’s a SIF...long shots are like 78 :/

Shame as was planning to get him but now I’ll give it a swerve.
  • SanderFC
    2646 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2018
    Tried Arnautovic for another 5 games (7 goals + 7 assists) and he is actually pretty good, has more problems with finishing against goalies who 'save with their feet' than my other strikers but then he is still useful with passes and the 'broken dribbling' that other strong tall players (like Ibra) also have.
    Post edited by SanderFC on