Max 4 gold DKT

sounders3
4492 posts National Call-Up
edited January 2018
Anyone else enjoying this tourney? Having a lot of fun playing it, finally something different.

Rolling with this squad.

4_DF66302-_DD00-48_B4-_BFF2-833_F105378_BC.jpg

What are you guys going with?

Comments

• Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    do icons count as gold cards?
  • Lcb92
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Clancy wrote: »

Yeah man
  • Lcb92
    This is the team I used but I put Howard in goal instead. Any yes it was a very fun tournament and different
    2z5w689.png
  • sounders3
    Lcb92 wrote: »
    This is the team I used but I put Howard in goal instead. Any yes it was a very fun tournament and different
    2z5w689.png

Very nice, I wish I could use some of my silver monthly players but they are all so bad. Ousted was tremendous for me, dude feels so so good, made some incredible saves.
  • Lcb92
    edited January 2018
    sounders3 wrote: »
    2z5w689.png

Very nice, I wish I could use some of my silver monthly players but they are all so bad. Ousted was tremendous for me, dude feels so so good, made some incredible saves.

Yeah luckily I had all the players as I packed the if months ago using the bronze pack method. And I bought all the mls for when the league sbc is released. The gk was doing okay for me until I played someone with prime bergkamp and that was the only reason I swapped him. I might buy some more mls silver's though if they release another tournament like this as it was good and you're not facing the same squads every game
  • Waspy
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    love these tourneys! Found some decent silver gems in my club... Fosu Mensah looks a beast for one... And there are a real good amount of decent silver MLS players as well!
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    EIvsnZJ.png
  • Lcb92
    EIvsnZJ.png

Nice man what's kluivert like?
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    EIvsnZJ.png

kluivert is my main man this game, I've had him for probably %80 of the matches I've played in FUT18. really the perfect striker

it looks like Lukaku isn't a lock for TOTS, so most probably kluivert and the eventual prime kluivert will be my striker all year. I love a large fast striker with power header, it's a huge part of my game. not many other cards like him
  • Lcb92
    edited January 2018
    EIvsnZJ.png

kluivert is my main man this game, I've had him for probably %80 of the matches I've played in FUT18. really the perfect striker

it looks like Lukaku isn't a lock for TOTS, so most probably kluivert and the eventual prime kluivert will be my striker all year. I love a large fast striker with power header, it's a huge part of my game. not many other cards like him

Thanks man I'm looking at getting another icon eventually, I currently have 375k so I'm just weighing up my options and I wouldn't mind getting another icon st to partner larsson. I need to start trading more is the discard if method the best?
  • sounders3
    edited January 2018
    EIvsnZJ.png

Man very nice team! Jealous of that Messi, wish I could get him! Kind of got real lazy with trading so don’t have the funds and just can’t get myself motivated to trade for him :/
  • TurdFerguson
    2597 posts Fans' Favourite
    What’s the prize?
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    EIvsnZJ.png

Thanks man I'm looking at getting another icon eventually, I currently have 375k so I'm just weighing up my options and I wouldn't mind getting another icon st to partner larsson. I need to start trading more is the discard if method the best?

if you're looking for steady coins then trade squad fitness, that's where >%50 of my coins came from. Buy them on bids and then list 450 or 500 coins higher. You'll make about 50k/day on each account (I use two) and it works regardless of the market crashing/rising/special events. Just find a good time during the week to stock up on squad fitness, usually when either SB rewards or WL rewards drop they go cheap

I'm no master trader, I've spend about $400 this year on packs and had some decent luck (got IF de gea as the highest value), and made about 700k on 83's in the recent TOTW SBCs. Don't know much about discard IF trading, but any sort of speculative trading like that frustrates me because it can take a long time to pay off and you don't have a 1:1 ratio of time spent to coins made. With squad fitness you will %100 make coins every time you put in the time, its just slow and steady
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    sounders3 wrote: »
    EIvsnZJ.png

Man very nice team! Jealous of that Messi, wish I could get him! Kind of got real lazy with trading so don’t have the funds and just can’t get myself motivated to trade for him :/

thanks m8, he's a real pleasure to play with. At first I tried him at RCAM and he was good, but got tired because of low stamina and wasn't so great against wingbacks. but central CAM he is a revelation, way to nimble for CBs to tackle and always hits the right pass/shot
  • Lcb92
    EIvsnZJ.png

if you're looking for steady coins then trade squad fitness, that's where >%50 of my coins came from. Buy them on bids and then list 450 or 500 coins higher. You'll make about 50k/day on each account (I use two) and it works regardless of the market crashing/rising/special events. Just find a good time during the week to stock up on squad fitness, usually when either SB rewards or WL rewards drop they go cheap

I'm no master trader, I've spend about $400 this year on packs and had some decent luck (got IF de gea as the highest value), and made about 700k on 83's in the recent TOTW SBCs. Don't know much about discard IF trading, but any sort of speculative trading like that frustrates me because it can take a long time to pay off and you don't have a 1:1 ratio of time spent to coins made. With squad fitness you will %100 make coins every time you put in the time, its just slow and steady

Thanks man yeah squad fitness is a good idea as they normally shoot up during wl. And your right the if trading method is very slow and takes a lot of time as your depending on lazy buyers. I also invested in otw early on but they have dropped a lot so I'm loosing coins there. Now I'm just waiting for the mls league sbc as I bought duplicate players.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    EIvsnZJ.png

Thanks man yeah squad fitness is a good idea as they normally shoot up during wl. And your right the if trading method is very slow and takes a lot of time as your depending on lazy buyers. I also invested in otw early on but they have dropped a lot so I'm loosing coins there. Now I'm just waiting for the mls league sbc as I bought duplicate players.

this year the price during WL hasn't actually been that different, last year the spikes were bigger. Don't worry about trying to wait and sell them at a higher price. Just keep listing as often as you can, and list them one at a time don't hit "relist all" because you'll sell way less if they all end on the market at the same minute. Adjust your prices so you're selling between 10-20 per relist, and that will make you decent daily coins

• Lcb92
    EIvsnZJ.png

this year the price during WL hasn't actually been that different, last year the spikes were bigger. Don't worry about trying to wait and sell them at a higher price. Just keep listing as often as you can, and list them one at a time don't hit "relist all" because you'll sell way less if they all end on the market at the same minute. Adjust your prices so you're selling between 10-20 per relist, and that will make you decent daily coins

Ah okay man thanks for the advice. Well now that people are getting rewards from squad battles and daily challanges as Well as rewards from fut I suppose less people will be buying. I just need to clear my trade pile as I've got a lot of duplicates I might just use them in an upgrade sbc
  • Waspy
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone finding the DKT unplayable ATM? It's so so slow WTF is this game even
  • mascherano16
    1182 posts Professional
    One of the most fun DKT so far!

1_DD495_E8-_C87_B-4_D33-_B87_A-_B55_E400_C40_F2.jpg
  • Pattebennekou
    1464 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2018
    I have only ever qualified for WL once - not tried in UT18 though.
    just did it on my second try, this tournament is waaaay to easy.

this is the team I used:
    WiKfRuC.png
  • Zv1k0
    6148 posts Big Money Move

Yeah man

Interesting cause they don't in two rare gold players packs...
  • Lcb92
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

Yeah man

I know it's a strange one isn't it
  • cdbuck26
    3928 posts National Call-Up
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

Yeah man

They don't count as rare or common gold players, but they do count as gold players
  • Razer94
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    dkt.png

won on first try
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    this tourney is super fun

everyone has gold attackers and silver defense, its goals-goals-goals
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move

Really enjoying using my Al Soma with Saudi silvers and not being at a major disadvantage.
  • sounders3
    Really wish they would bring silver tourneys back. This one was so much fun. Loved using MLS/US silvers. Or if they could just make one DKT each week a silver based one, like this or full silver squads.
  • Azz1982
    240 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah thoroughly enjoyed it. Used Jesus and Aguero up front inn a 442 with Stanislas and Richarlison out wide. Richarlison was surprisingly good. Bought a load of prem league silver's on the weekend and sold most for pushing 2k. Nice earner if they do it again.
  • Saarundisc
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Really enjoying using my Al Soma with Saudi silvers and not being at a major disadvantage.

Did I give you a spanking tonight? Beat a team of Saudi silvers with if al soma 6-2. Boy brought on musa near the end.
  • Saarundisc
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lost the final of my last attempt. Really enjoyed this requirement. Actually made me try to qualify for WL. Hope it’s not too long before they do requirements like this again.

This was my team. Swapped Reynolds for bailly and edouard for vardy when I remembered.

E7_D5_BA4_D_AE89_4852_B65_E_DADEDA811525.jpg