OT: your musical discoveries of 2017

Addicksfan
3382 posts National Call-Up
Just wondering if anyone found some hidden musical gems last year that they'd be happy to recommend.....

For me it was Beth Hart, incredible vocalist, she could read the dictionary and it would sound fantastic!! Bonus is she's touring the UK and I've got me some tickets to see her in April.....

Comments

• Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Témé Tan
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Oh and
  • BrentfordFC
    13442 posts Has That Special Something
    Big shaq :trollface:
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Ed Sheeran
  • DoD_Jester
    27288 posts Player of the Year
    Peter wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran

He said discoveries, not annoyances

Liked Ed Sheeran since NO'5 Collaborations but he's EVERYWHERE atm and it's starting to grate just a tad
  • SupaNoodle1990
    29001 posts Player of the Year
    JayKae, Lotto Boys, Ramz.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3033 posts National Call-Up
    Been listening to loads of Queens of the Stone Age recently, obviously I knew the popular songs but some of their recent albums have some gems on it!
  • Addicksfan
    DoD_Jester wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran

Liked Ed Sheeran since NO'5 Collaborations but he's EVERYWHERE atm and it's starting to grate just a tad

LOL, agree, talented fella but getting a little too much now.....
  • Addicksfan
    Been listening to loads of Queens of the Stone Age recently, obviously I knew the popular songs but some of their recent albums have some gems on it!

Yeah love their music, your probably well aware of Eagles of Death Metal given the connection but well worth a listen if you like QOTSA
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Addicksfan wrote: »

Yeah love their music, your probably well aware of Eagles of Death Metal given the connection but well worth a listen if you like QOTSA

Ahh the Pigeons of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ metal
  • krakos000
    17660 posts World Class
    Idk how hidden of a gem he is but Zhu has become my favorite edm artist and probably the best concert/show I've been too. My best friend showed me his music this last year.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Idk how hidden of a gem he is but Zhu has become my favorite edm artist and probably the best concert/show I've been too. My best friend showed me his music this last year.

Isn't he the guy that had that FIFA 17 (or 16) song? Money I think?
  • krakos000
    17660 posts World Class
    Santiago wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »

Isn't he the guy that had that FIFA 17 (or 16) song? Money I think?

Ahh was that song on fifa?? I think you're right and he had an artist kit too.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    quinn xcii
  • Izzy2K17
    12028 posts Has That Special Something
    J.I.D. One of the better new rappers
    Also GoldLink is a great new artist as well
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    DMA's
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3033 posts National Call-Up

I am! :) Don't listen to them as much though, Them Crooked Vultures also have some pretty decent songs too (which you'd hope from a super group haha)
  • Fab
    19474 posts World Class

I am! :) Don't listen to them as much though, Them Crooked Vultures also have some pretty decent songs too (which you'd hope from a super group haha)

Whole album is pretty decent
  • Helloitsme2
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Frequencerz
    W and w
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Ed Sheeran

Has so far out with Eminem and Bocelli at the same time, it's nuts how big he has become.
  • BigBadAl696
    1012 posts Professional
    Just wondering if anyone found some hidden musical gems last year that they'd be happy to recommend.....

For me it was Beth Hart, incredible vocalist, she could read the dictionary and it would sound fantastic!! Bonus is she's touring the UK and I've got me some tickets to see her in April.....

Joe Bonammassa has done a few gigs and an album with her and yeah she has a great voice. JB is worth checking out as is a phenomenal guitar player (one of the best I've ever seen or heard) and not bad singing either.
  • BigBadAl696
    1012 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    Discovered these this past year and managed to get to a live show at the Rescue Rooms in Nottingham and was frickin awesome

• NoPosWow914
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Found out about this guy j.i.d signed to j.coles dreamville. He’s pretty good
  • DoD_Jester
    27288 posts Player of the Year
    Ed Sheeran

Has so far out with Eminem and Bocelli at the same time, it's nuts how big he has become.

I like his music don't get me wrong, listening to + right now to be fair, you just can't avoid him at the minute
  • dave67
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Eli sostre , frank ocean , and Zacari just a few of my new favourites :D
  • Shade98818
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Trippie Redd, Lil Skies(Red Roses is such a nice song), Bryson Tiller, Aminé(he is from my home town)
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Marmozets