OT Drink driving

SeanMurry
154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
My dad blew 147 on the breath test by the side of the road. They took his car and also he's in jail atm till a verdict is reached. I know people who got caught and were released till court date 24 hours later. Why is my dad being held till court date is upon him?

I've also got a few other questions

What's the likelihood he's going to lose his license. I ask this because he'll probably lose his job and if he does that he'll have to sell his house as well.

Comments

• Tuulis
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    What country are we talking about?
  • SeanMurry
    Tuulis wrote: »
    What country are we talking about?

UK
  • Campino
    27504 posts Player of the Year
    Good

I’m glad he will lose his license
    I’m glad he will lose his job and I hope he loses his house

For you I apologise you’re dad is a total tool
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class
    Good
  • SeanMurry
    edited January 2018
    Campino wrote: »
    Good

Good thing I don't live with him. He probably deserves to lose his license no question about that. What I don't agree with is how the police are handling the situation. One of my mates from 2016 was pulled over blew 88 over and got released with court date 2 weeks later. I remember it well because I had to walk home because I was in the car with him nice 3 mile treck -2 outside in October.
  • Andybelfast
    10957 posts Has That Special Something
    Campino wrote: »
    Good

• coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 2018
    I have no sympathy. Sorry.

I have friends that killed themselves and others because of drink driving. I know that sounds cold but they were reckless even if the result is really sad.

You put yourself at danger, but more importantly others. It's selfish and completely unacceptable.

I would expect points at the very minimum although a ban would be fully possible. He got 147 when the max is 35? Crazy.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    SeanMurry wrote: »
    My dad blew 147 on the breath test by the side of the road. They took his car and also he's in jail atm till a verdict is reached. I know people who got caught and were released till court date 24 hours later. Why is my dad being held till court date is upon him?

What's the likelihood he's going to lose his license. I ask this because he'll probably lose his job and if he does that he'll have to sell his house as well.

Blowing a 147 is 4 x the legal limit (limit is 35 microgrammes per 100ml of breath in England and Wales).

If what you've said is correct he's miles over the limit and therefore almost guaranteed to lose his licence.

• Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    That license is goneeeee.
  • nathswfc
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2018
    serves him right. why would you risk all that when if you decide to have a few beers you could just leave the car wherever and catch a taxi to wherever you are going? im 27 and wont even have a mouthfull of alcohol and drive. just not worth it.

Hes definately going to lose his licence :smile:
  • Knowlesdinho
    11427 posts Has That Special Something
    If he is being held, it is likely they thought he was a threat to either himself or the public. He must have kicked off at the scene.

I'm sorry, but the man will have to live with the consequences of his actions.
  • SeanMurry
    If he is being held, it is likely they thought he was a threat to either himself or the public. He must have kicked off at the scene.

Well apparently he passed out when he got cuffed, he was left to sober up till morning then he got told he's being held till court date. No violence or anything. The police told me he was out cold for 4 hours till he started throwing up everywhere.
  • Helloitsme2
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    One gut Out of my town were driving with a lot of alcohol and they took his lisvence for 24 months and imo is that totally deserved
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something

Blowing a 147 is 4 x the legal limit (limit is 35 microgrammes per 100ml of breath in England and Wales).

If what you've said is correct he's miles over the limit and therefore almost guaranteed to lose his licence.

If you blow 1 point over it's a ban

147 and it's in the papers
  • Andybelfast
    10957 posts Has That Special Something

Well apparently he passed out when he got cuffed, he was left to sober up till morning then he got told he's being held till court date. No violence or anything. The police told me he was out cold for 4 hours till he started throwing up everywhere.

What a tool
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Why shouldn't he be held?
  • nathswfc
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero

so he passed out when he got cuffed. what would of happened if he passed out behind the wheel and went head on into another vehicle???
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4050 posts National Call-Up
    theres no excuse for drink driving ever
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Probably because you can’t interview someone until they are sober.

If you’re in the UK, the limit is 35!
  • Wonderfulwest
    4730 posts National Call-Up
    100% will lose his license, and most likely get a hefty fine. And personally he deserves it, people who drive well over the limit disgust me. My nan died in a car collision because the driver was drunk. So I hope they throw the book at him
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    He passed out? Jesus how did he even manage to start driving when he’s that drunk
  • nathswfc
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero
    SebCFC123 wrote: »
    He passed out? Jesus how did he even manage to start driving when he’s that drunk

probably an automatic :joy::joy:
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    SebCFC123 wrote: »

Obviously not his first time at the rodeo

• FootyFootyFootball
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2018

If you blow 1 point over it's a ban

147 and it's in the papers

If only that were the case it might dissuade more people from doing it. I've several mates in the old bill so hear some absolute horror stories.

Unfortunately there will have been hundreds of people over the last week caught at that level (and above) but it's very rare they'll go in the papers unless there has been a collision.

• YOLOT0URE
    7033 posts Big Money Move
    I’m convinced this is @DoctorJoe19
  • BiigDee
    4527 posts National Call-Up
    He's going to Prison. 4 times the limit and at the worst time of year. Once he's been to court he will prob get bail whilst waiting for Pre sentencing. They've held him because he can't be interviewed until he's fit and Sober.
  • Hodor
    1394 posts Play-Off Hero
    He will lose it.

Just don't try and take on his pressure.
    If he can't find alternate methods of transport to his job (albeit it's not a driving job) then he will need to source a different income.

There really is no excuse for it.
  • Hujaber
    4842 posts Big Money Move
    35 means how many glass?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Hujaber wrote: »
    35 means how many glass?

2 pints is usually over I think. Obviously that depends on the person.
  • Ian_Ando08
    8187 posts League Winner
    Hujaber wrote: »
    35 means how many glass?

doesnt matter about how many glasses it depends on the person mate you have to factor all the below

weight, age, sex and metabolism
    The type and amount of alcohol you’re drinking
    What you’ve eaten recently
    Your stress levels at the time