Prices

Ziggzagg52
76 posts Park Captain
Will the market drop anymore in the week ahead?
What do you think?

Comments

• xFATAL
    4592 posts National Call-Up
    A ton more. Sell before it's too late.
  • Sirin
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    xFATAL wrote: »

Or just keep and enjoy your players.
  • Purplejacket
    2715 posts Fans' Favourite
    Theyve increased today.
  • Purplejacket
    2715 posts Fans' Favourite
    Correction except poloular 83s 84s 85s
  • Dolph
    1104 posts Professional
    Sirin wrote: »

• Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dolph wrote: »
    Sirin wrote: »

• the_jends
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    There is no way the market wont drop significantly when people are opening up packs for TOTY. I know for a fact people are hoarding packs right now to open then and once they open prices are going to drop hard especially for non in-form.

If you're looking for past in-forms then just buy what you want right now if the price is right because they are not affected by pack openings.
  • Mantooth
    335 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How about icons ?
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2018
    Couple weeks before Black Friday the prices were lower than what in BF.

Yesterday and today the market was the lowest in FIFA17.
  • the_jends
    mHazard wrote: »

Black Friday "market crash" was a ****-up of the youtubers overselling the hype for way too long before the event. Fundamentally there was little reason for a lot of packs to be opened, which the thing that causes true price drop.
  • mHazard
    the_jends wrote: »

Black Friday "market crash" was a ****-up of the youtubers overselling the hype for way too long before the event. Fundamentally there was little reason for a lot of packs to be opened, which the thing that causes true price drop.

One youtuber. Frankly I don't believe that was the main cause for the rise of the prices.

For example, I bought my team one and half days before matthd's video because I saw prices were so low.
  • the_jends

One youtuber. Frankly I don't believe that was the main cause for the rise of the prices.

For example, I bought my team one and half days before matthd's video because I saw prices were so low.

But the thing is the lowest prices on Black Friday is nothing compared to what they are now due to so many packs being opened in futmas. I remember Nick Fut Trading saying Bakayoko is crazy cheap at 4k and bound to go back up. Well he's 2,5k right now and i dont see him ever bouncing back up. This is basic economics due to pack openings. TOTY = pack openings = lower prices.
  • mHazard

But the thing is the lowest prices on Black Friday is nothing compared to what they are now due to so many packs being opened in futmas. I remember Nick Fut Trading saying Bakayoko is crazy cheap at 4k and bound to go back up. Well he's 2,5k right now and i dont see him ever bouncing back up. This is basic economics due to pack openings. TOTY = pack openings = lower prices.

So you think the high end players will be packed crazy amounts? I can't see it happening. Bakayoko is 82 rated so of course he was always going down more.

Vidal, Nainggolan, Boateng, Dybala etc. players in demand will bounce back up anytime soon, imho.
  • FcSuarez
    669 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Everything under 84 will drop (maybe some wanted players like martial and jesus go up a little bit after TOTY). When you wanne buy a million dollar team, you better do it now, so much people are sitting on a huge amount of coins. Wanted rare players like Icons, boateng, CR7 or Messi will raise hard during TOTY
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero

So you think the high end players will be packed crazy amounts? I can't see it happening. Bakayoko is 82 rated so of course he was always going down more.

Vidal, Nainggolan, Boateng, Dybala etc. players in demand will bounce back up anytime soon, imho.

I tend to agree. EA need to keep value in cards so packs are worth people buying (if they are ever worth buying in the first place!). The only time they will let high end NIFs fall in price is when they release cards of value to replace them, which is why they allow this steady decline in prices throughout the year. Sure, there are peaks and troughs along the way and these are all we are talking about when we discuss "crashes" etc. The overall trend is a steady decline in price.

EA may be rubbish at many things but they are incredibly good at managing the market, keeping it reasonably stable so overall value is maintained and packs are worth opening to those that lean that way.
  • FaFiFa
    865 posts Semi-Pro
    People made millions from 83s.they will spend big in Toty.Players like CR7,R9,ADP will go up quite a bit.
  • HDouble
    2433 posts Fans' Favourite
    Think this might the pre crash now and possibly or hopefully the lowest market will Go as the decent TOTY players CR7 neymar messi will cost too much for the average player and the others not that exciting so don't think people will go crazy on packs specially with EA's pack weights being so ridiculous