FIFA and range what do you do?

SeanMurry
154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Yesterday I punched the wall and really badly busted my knuckle. Think it's near broken tbh and might have to go to doctors. Explaining this one could be quite embarrassing lol. What do you guys do to manage your rage when losing to utter bs.

Comments

• TimRUFC
    3340 posts National Call-Up
    Have a cigarette and a break to make a brew usually works for me tbh
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    Stop playing is the best advice I can give you
  • SeanMurry
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    Have a cigarette and a break to make a brew usually works for me tbh

I've gone through 7 controllers this FIFA alone. Last year I didn't even go through 1. This year it's really getting to me and I'm losing my head at times :lol:.
  • nathswfc
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero
    slam dunk my pad down onto the floor. it breaks. then go to asda purchase another one... put the old one in the box and take it back the next day & say my girlfriend bought me this instead of the ps4 pad. get a refund. winner winner :joy::joy:
  • SeanMurry
    edited January 2018
    nathswfc wrote: »
    slam dunk my pad down onto the floor. it breaks. then go to asda purchase another one... put the old one in the box and take it back the next day & say my girlfriend bought me this instead of the ps4 pad. get a refund. winner winner :joy::joy:

Has that actually worked. Wonder if a clean snap in half will be accepted :lol::lol:
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Go for a quick fap and forget about rage, come back relieved of stress :D
  • YOLOT0URE
    7036 posts Big Money Move
    I act maturely
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    SeanMurry wrote: »
    Yesterday I punched the wall and really badly busted my knuckle. Think it's near broken tbh and might have to go to doctors. Explaining this one could be quite embarrassing lol. What do you guys do to manage your rage when losing to utter bs.

Never punched a wall or anything myself, but have felt the rage rising up towards that point.

Stop playing WL.
    It is a **** fest of desperate try hards.
    As much as I want to play 'competitively' and want to get WL Rewards the amount of try hards and the embarrassing lengths people will go to for a win just takes all the enjoyment out of 80% of WL matches. Even when winning.

Just play online seasons and do just enough SB to get Gold 1-3 each week.
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    I've stopped raging. Was real bad back on FIFA 13/14 but now I just can't be bothered. Nothing can surprise me anymore and I've finally come to the conclusion that I'm just **** at the game. I'll enjoy it for what it is.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    I act maturely

Having anger issues isn't about maturity.
    Get of your high horse and walk away.
  • nathswfc
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero

Has that actually worked. Wonder if a clean snap in half will be accepted :lol::lol:

yes its worked for me twice :joy: both times they didnt even look in the box.....

havent lobbed pad since tho. last time i did it was WL last year, 4-0 up in 75th minute to lose 5-4 in 90th min. Pad was goneeeee :joy:
  • SeanMurry

yes its worked for me twice :joy: both times they didnt even look in the box.....

havent lobbed pad since tho. last time i did it was WL last year, 4-0 up in 75th minute to lose 5-4 in 90th min. Pad was goneeeee :joy:

Might just super glue it back together and hope for the best :lol:.
  • Daveofwales01
    8390 posts League Winner
    Punch cushions, sofa etc, don't have to replace them cos they don't break and doesn't hurt the hand either
  • nathswfc
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero

Might just super glue it back together and hope for the best :lol:.

go for it. whats the worst that can happen lol just make sure you pay cash and not on card :joy:
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class
    Turned the Xbox off
  • Otis
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    I dont rage, when the stupid stuff happens I generally laugh because I know what the game is capable of.
  • YOLOT0URE
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    I act maturely

Ofc it is. A large % of Fifa players are probably 10-20 I’d say. It’s acceptable to punch a wall because he lost on a game? That’s just the start of problems further down the line lol hard a word with yourself
  • Otis
    I act maturely

Ofc it is. A large % of Fifa players are probably 10-20 I’d say. It’s acceptable to punch a wall because he lost on a game? That’s just the start of problems further down the line lol hard a word with yourself

Anger issues regarding FIFA should be about maturity but anger issues in general obviously arent.
  • YOLOT0URE
    Otis wrote: »
    I act maturely

Anger issues regarding FIFA should be about maturity but anger issues in general obviously arent.

But if you are losing your temper at Fifa in such ways then other more severe things in life will probably cause similar issues
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    I act maturely

Having them over FIFA is.
  • Otis
    Otis wrote: »
    I act maturely

But if you are losing your temper at Fifa in such ways then other more severe things in life will probably cause similar issues

You're right to a degree but it isnt always that straight forward. Either way hitting things over FIFA is way too far.
  • YOLOT0URE
    Peter wrote: »
    I act maturely

Absolutely bizarre that people think it’s the norm lol kids these days - break their wrist punching a wall because they lose on Fifa then can’t work for a month. Need to get some responsibility
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26089 posts Player of the Year
    No point getting angry over this game.

Just accept the game is completely broken.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    edited January 2018
    Peter wrote: »
    I act maturely

No.
    I very rarely get angry.
    I am sensible and responsible.
    But sometimes I get very angry when playing FIFA.
    I never hit anything, I have never broke anything, but I sometimes have a sense of rage where I almost want to.

Maturity and anger are worlds apart.
    Grown responsible fathers, grandfather's and the like lose their head over what many deem to be trivial or meaningless problems/irritations!! It is not because they are immature it is because certain things trigger certain people.

I have dealt with a lot of **** in life, work, love etc and have never lost my cool. I have got angry, upset etc, but always have maintained composure and handled things quite well.

But because I get angry at FIFA doesn't suddenly make me immature.
  • YOLOT0URE
    @LeonidasJB the key part there is ‘almost want to’ but you dont...that’s the point. People get frustrated and don’t lose their cool, they laugh it off or turn it off. That’s not what this guy is saying
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    @LeonidasJB the key part there is ‘almost want to’ but you dont...that’s the point. People get frustrated and don’t lose their cool, they laugh it off or turn it off. That’s not what this guy is saying

Okay.
    I suppose, but the sense and feeling of rage is there.
    I have sworn at the Mrs a few times because of FUT rage. Not the best idea!!! Really not a good idea!! Very quickly regretted it!
  • WFCBagnall
    72154 posts Moderator

• Legend Killer
    1014 posts Professional

• Orison
    50118 posts Ballon d'Or Winner

Going for some drinks also helps.

Played a few wl games yesterday at like 4am, could barely see the screen. Scored some bangers tho and ended up giving away 5 free wins as well.
  • ITSSPENO
    1979 posts Fans' Favourite
    Am I the only person who actually enjoys the game this year?