When the opponent is all over you like a rash?

iWilshere_19
2005 posts Fans' Favourite
Why do I get that feeling all the time like my opponents just all over me and has players everywhere even tho I’m on balanced and playing as normal etc? Is it custom tactics or instructions ?

Comments

• maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    No just your opponent is getting good AI and you're not.
  • madwullie
    4144 posts National Call-Up
    Bye bye
  • I SiR MartY I
    5449 posts Big Money Move
    High pressure + aggression + team pressing + team mate contain.
  • maksi
    if that is the case they would left much space because of it but they left none, AI intercepts everything

• I SiR MartY I
    maksi wrote: »
    if that is the case they would left much space because of it but they left none, AI intercepts everything

Cover tactic

The player that the guy he's facing is controlling will manually be controlled to close one gap and the cover tactic will have AI players cover the rest of the gaps, its why players close those gaps quickly and intercept passes.

Its a nightmare to face.
  • iWilshere_19

Cover tactic

The player that the guy he's facing is controlling will manually be controlled to close one gap and the cover tactic will have AI players cover the rest of the gaps, its why players close those gaps quickly and intercept passes.

Its a nightmare to face.

What on earth is a cover tactic and how exactly can you do it?
  • I SiR MartY I

Cover tactic

Its a nightmare to face.

52a35e5d20a51bc3ec8b5cbf606f85a8.png

That. Basically its a custom tactic you tell your defence, if someone gets caught out of position, another player has to slot in to fill the gap, its why people can charge out and gaps still don't form.
  • iWilshere_19

Cover tactic

Its a nightmare to face.

That. Basically its a custom tactic you tell your defence, if someone gets caught out of position, another player has to slot in to fill the gap, its why people can charge out and gaps still don't form.

Never seen this before
  • maksi
    edited December 2017
    Defender Line to Cover means your defenders are tracking attacking runs behind the defensive line, Offside Trap means they don't and holding straight line for offside trap

it has nothing to do with covering positions, they also do it on Offside Trap setting

• I SiR MartY I

Cover tactic

Its a nightmare to face.

Never seen this before

Its been in FIFA for maybe 10 years. Offside Trap or Cover.
  • maksi
    edited December 2017
    But your understanding of it is simply wrong, you can't turn off or on covering positions.
  • I SiR MartY I
    edited December 2017
    But your understanding of it is simply wrong, you can't turn off or on covering positions.

Its the same as work rates and attacking options, they counter each other, defensive work rates and defensive instructions counter each other.

They will cover when offside trap is on and they will step up when cover is on, but Cover has players cover gaps more than they step up. Cover has always been about the shape of the defence, not tracking runs.
  • maksi
    edited December 2017
    No, they will cover runs until attackers get behind the defensive line and then stop. That's why it's risky, it has nothing to do with anything else.
  • iWilshere_19
    So people use cover or offside trap?
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6768 posts Big Money Move

everyone uses cover lol
  • maksi
    edited December 2017
    You have to use cover unless you're playing very high line otherwise they will simply destroy you with through balls behind the defensive line

• iWilshere_19

everyone uses cover lol

Yeah I’ve never used offside trap
  • I SiR MartY I
    No, they will cover runs until attackers get behind the defensive line and then stop. That's why it's risky, it has nothing to do with anything else.

Cover is for spaces.

Pressure is how high the line plays and when they start to press
    Aggression is how aggressively players will press to win the ball back
    Width is how far a team will shift over with the ball and how wide they play as a line
    Cover is for covering gaps in the defence
    Offside trap is used to negate gaps by just stepping up and playing the attacker offside

Defenders will still track runs even when on Offside trap because of their work rates and the interceptions stat, defenders look for interceptions, its why a player with L attack and H defence will sit far deeper than everyone else, even when the tactic is on offside trap, its how the game tells them to play.

There are so many tactics, work rates and instructions that they all cancel each other out, its like putting a striker on stay central, get in behind but then lowering the passing stat in chance creation and using a striker with H defence low attack, what do they do? Do they run forward like the instructions tell them, do they sit back and not make runs like the tactics tell them or do they ignore both and do what their work rates tell them to do?

Its the same for defenders, they have so many instructions they all cancel each other out, Cover is the only consistent tactic because players are going to cover regardless, but they cover larger gaps and ignore other tactics like aggression a DM will ignore aggression to run over and cover an out of place full back with the cover tactic on.
  • maksi
    edited December 2017
    If you have high line it's more risky to have Cover because you have to cover all the runs and it's hard to make offside trap because your defenders aren't in the same line.
  • maksi
    edited December 2017
    Cover is for spaces.
    no it's not, that's why the other option is called Offside Trap, ffs how hard can it be to understand it

• Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    When your opponent is all over u like a rash and u can't string a pass together you've already lost.
  • maksi
    edited December 2017
    Offside trap is used to negate gaps by just stepping up and playing the attacker offside
    it's not, you must trigger offside trap yourself with d-pad, OT setting just helps by don't tracking runs behind the defensive line so your defenders are in the straight line instead being all over the place because they tracking runs

• Patience is the key in Fut 18 move the ball around pass back and gaps will appear
  • forearms
    4679 posts National Call-Up
    Doesn't matter. Ive set to 100 pressure/aggression on "cover" (LOL), holding contain + 2nd man contain and not had it do anything. Game does what it wants.
  • ozcs_69
    3002 posts National Call-Up

None of this, just bad server load, he is getting the advantage
  • AliasMaurice
    1912 posts Fans' Favourite
    Usually playing 3 at the back I used offside trap in 17 and it was fine , it's almost fine in 18 but the OP triangles make it too risky.

In my experience using cover means the defender on the opposite side of play , moves deeper to cover round the back of the defense. When a ball comes across goal he's there to deal with it.

In a back 4 though it's the full back playing abit deeper who is essentially playing everyone on.

With regards to original post it's the ingame magical tactics that dictate how a team plays so sometimes the opposition can be all over you but if players keep position and the gk is on legendary then can still win.

The infuriating part is when you're on 65 pressure / attacking or higher / team pressing and you team still camps in your half making it impossible to get the ball of break.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    nope123 wrote: »

So much misinformation in this thread. It’s slider manipulation and one sided input delay that causes this.

That or you’re facing the rare opponent that is really good at defending and player switching and always is a move ahead of you, but 99% of the time it’s the former unless you’re playing a pro

What do u expect when everytime someone says the truth the thread is closed by ea.
  • amit37
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    actually is not that hard...

offside trap is when you play hi pressure ultra attacking.
    for balance or defensive tactics is better to go cover becouse your defrnsive line will go back paddle deep.

offside trap will work very good but you will need to make sure you play attacking or ultra attacking,
    its risky but it will help if you want to try pressure far from your box.

• RadioShaq
    14882 posts Moderator
    Let’s keep this thread on track and within the rules.
  • Purplejacket
    2393 posts Fans' Favourite