Alan Shearer Prime 91

scalaneopt
947 posts Professional
edited December 2017
I made de SBC and im loving it so far.
All my games are in the WL and he is getting it so far with ease. Turns like a truck but shooting, making runs and heading he is TOP. Any one use it so far?

Comments

• coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Should've tried Van Basten
  • Ian_Ando08
    13341 posts Has That Special Something
    Big al is amazing best finisher I’ve used doesn’t miss
  • Asht1981
    1387 posts Play-Off Hero
    Now I want to do him lol
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    14788 posts Moderator
    His 89 was fantastic when i tried him. Was tempted by the 91, but i'm loving 88 Kluivert too much atm!
  • scalaneopt
    947 posts Professional
    Asht1981 wrote: »
    Now I want to do him lol

Try the loan and see if you like it. People that can only use fast strickers probably wont like it. But he really surprised me a lot.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Got the loan. He's no Andy Carroll
  • scalaneopt
    947 posts Professional
    Peter wrote: »

Never used Carroll. Worse in your opinion mate?
  • A Crafty Gamer
    724 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Shearer is pretty solid, I must say. I thought I would hate him, as he's never felt very agile and turned like a truck like mentioned before.

I did the loan and threw a sniper on him and his shooting is outstanding, strength is great, and passing is pretty nice too.

The 2* skills/3* wf is what really turns me away from doing the full SBC. Not sure I'd get a ton of enjoyment from him long term.
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    Van bastens better

Swear Shearer has the worst weak foot I've ever used
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    scalaneopt wrote: »

Comfortably worse.

Futmas Carroll is the Messiah.
  • scalaneopt
    947 posts Professional
    DoD_Jester wrote: »
    Van bastens better

Its not an amazing week foot but right foot is out of this world.
  • DoD_Jester
    DoD_Jester wrote: »
    Van bastens better

Its not an amazing week foot but right foot is out of this world.

His right is great, scored some lovely goals with him last night, but MVB has that 'I'll score from anywhere on either foot' feel about him that I missed, glad I did the loan Shearer before committing
  • Hibee
    12516 posts Has That Special Something
    Did the loan and can't get on with him at all. Just felt incredibly sluggish.
  • would you say he is any different to player of the month kane? I have the loan but only used for 2 games atm so can't really judge him atm.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2017
    Tried loan an absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Fullfordeen
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    He's shocking don't do it
  • LuckyStrikE
    3524 posts National Call-Up
    I would try engine chem on him by the looks of it. It would make him much swifter on the ball. Shooting is already high enough. Balance and agility will help him big time.
  • DoD_Jester
    I would try engine chem on him by the looks of it. It would make him much swifter on the ball. Shooting is already high enough. Balance and agility will help him big time.

Thats what I did, made a difference tbf, he didnt feel clunky to me (not as much as I expected anyway) just that weak foot let's him down massively
  • heefmondo
    1599 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm enjoying him 25 goals and 8 assists from 17 WL games
  • Vflagship
    1205 posts Professional
    The 89 was so underwhelming for me. Blazed it over or wide on most occasions. Belotti outplayed him for me.
  • after 20 games in weekend league, I can safely say that I won't be doing him not because he isn't good because he is quite good tbh. I had him paired next to POTM salah.

I personally think he is to alike to POTM kane who I have so won't be spending the coins.

he seems quite good on the ball, little bit clunky but that's what you expect. finishing was above par, scored some good goals with him. but he assisted 15 goals within the 20 games as well which was good. if anyone needs a target man to play off a quick striker I would recommend him as a legend but just remember for the same price there could be better options.
  • JBC03FC
    3337 posts National Call-Up
    Turns like a truck

Has no place in my squad. I was disappointed by his ratings to be fair. Shearer in his prime was pretty quick over ten yards and had a decent turn with back to goal.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4601 posts National Call-Up

Comfortably worse.

Futmas Carroll is the Messiah.

Second goal. Andy Carrol!

http://xboxclips.com/Cheetah Thumbs/ae3a452a-441d-40ff-869a-309f9894228a/embed
  • toonbalmy
    2469 posts Fans' Favourite
    I liked him have his loan going to do the sbc i always get along with target men although sbc cavani is absolute dogger for me
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Can't get him in the show. Doesn't make runs, and can't hold off defenders with his back to the goal. What am I missing? Tried Catalyst, engine? What am I doing wrong
  • scalaneopt
    947 posts Professional
    Hody wrote: »
    Can't get him in the show. Doesn't make runs, and can't hold off defenders with his back to the goal. What am I missing? Tried Catalyst, engine? What am I doing wrong

I use Hunter. Pair him with a fast stricker. Cross to the area. Try it mate.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Maybe it's the formation. I play 4411 mainly
  • Davisto
    6562 posts Big Money Move
    I played him on last fifa and he kept hitting the bar/post no idea why good to know he isn’t like that thos fifa :joy:
  • Ian_Ando08
    13341 posts Has That Special Something
    hes is simply amazing played 54 games div1/2 and WL hes scored 61 goals with around 30 assists...

he doesnt miss when in the box incredible
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    hes is simply amazing played 54 games div1/2 and WL hes scored 61 goals with around 30 assists...

he doesnt miss when in the box incredible

Which formation?