Better Team/Players = More Wins

OoSUPERDANoO
13870 posts Moderator
edited December 2017
What's your personal experience?

I've upgraded my team and doing much better in WL, but i see alot of people saying that upgrading is pointless as all teams play the same. Or comparing the likes of Jesus to Pele for example.

So wanted to get thoughts on it.

Better Team/Players = More Wins 177 votes

Yes
74%
AdamskiEddieFicioOoSUPERDANoOCampinoRealMmurazorha032742Otishoban95BoabdustBarslundsinasipahioglu7lf2009HotDog89LeonidasJBCandyRatShaanxzOrange PrinceGoldengraham09TrueBlueBl00d 132 votes
No
14%
NenDead WhipOliver PowellCantonas CollarBlackpoolmonsterBlarixxV CobraBatmansAGeordiewessen9ROCKNROLLA GavinhoLee_JFBestyHDCheetah Thumbs'96dc2Asht1981Silco100Alford1995Daveofwales01Rutta 25 votes
Other - Explain
11%
HeroBentDiggyMichael LFC 96BackDaddyBowden92SGLTPugzillaDoD_JesterPaciga45ChoepiechakieAzofKaterNLTwoZebrasAddicksfanKnowlesdinhoxGrumpyWolfxxeqepexBcfcDale88Pronoob[Deleted User] 20 votes

Comments

• xGrumpyWolfx
    2590 posts Fans' Favourite
    Other - Explain
    The game is a mystery, obviously having a stacked team is going to benefit you but there's so much that goes on in the game that negates that at times. Player ability is also a major part of it but again that can be undone with a bit of EA bs at times.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7201 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    Yeah I believe better players will get you a few more wins might take you from gold 2 to gold 1 only about 4 or 5 wins difference imo
  • therealmerk33
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes
    Better players defo play better, but Gorilla would beat me with a bronze team no matter who I run
  • Scutch
    8896 posts League Winner
    The game is a mystery, obviously having a stacked team is going to benefit you but there's so much that goes on in the game that negates that at times. Player ability is also a major part of it but again that can be undone with a bit of EA bs at times.

Agreed.
  • Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    Other - Explain
    I use a cheap team for the first few months then go big. I think if you are good enough you can beat anyone with any team as long as you play to the strengths of your players.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    16819 posts World Class
    Yes
    Definitely
  • Azof
    14781 posts World Class
    Other - Explain
    Too much rng and stuff out of control team makes little difference
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    No
    Should have picked other. When they play like they should they are superb. Sometimes they play like bronzes
  • BcfcDale88
    3604 posts National Call-Up
    Other - Explain
    I voted other but kinda going with yes too. We’ve all experienced the state of the game but good players can over come that
  • Adamski
    9874 posts League Winner
    Yes
    In WL my ceiling with a **** team is Elite 1/34, with an expensive team I can hit 36-38+, the game is hit and miss with all teams but it definitely matters
  • Choepiechakie
    29555 posts Player of the Year
    Other - Explain
    Depends on variables.

If I give my nephew my team, He wont qualify for the WL either. Even if he had R94 and co.

Give me that R94 I could push for Elite.

A good team will make a good fifa player 20% better

A good team will make a bad fifa player 2% better
  • DatGuySly
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    No
    Had basic La Liga gold team at the start - Finished Gold 2 in WL.
    Now have a very good team for my standards with prime Petit and Henry. Still finish in gold 2 if Ii play all the games. Maybe get odd 2 more wins but that is that.

Same thing was last year.
    Just goes to show that if you're **** then no matter how good players you have...you're still ****
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    Yes
    Ofc.
    I can always feel if the momentum (that doesnt exist ofc) is with or against me. It has nothing to do with rating, special cards etc. Its just in the game o:)
  • ImmigrantMentality
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    murazor wrote: »
    Ofc.
    I can always feel if the momentum (that doesnt exist ofc) is with or against me. It has nothing to do with rating, special cards etc. Its just in the game o:)

no such thing as momentum.
  • Diggy
    12711 posts Has That Special Something
    Other - Explain
    No delay yes delay you might aswell have bronzes
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25536 posts Player of the Year
    Yes
    Ive beaten a lot of people I shouldn’t have because of ADP doing something out of nothing.
  • mjs4p
    10754 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
    I think slightly more wins, but the most important player is always the one holding the controller.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    Other - Explain
    Purely random
  • Cantonas Collar
    1466 posts Play-Off Hero
    No
    I replaced Herrera, Rudiger and Rose with Vidal, Boateng and Alaba and my level of performance has stayed pretty much the same. The Bayern Trio haven’t made a difference.
  • Helloitsme2
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes
    Yeah but need to be the right players
    Iniesta isn't better then bakayoko
    but Viera ist better
    Or Müller isn't better then rashford but prime Hernandez is better then both
  • Killashaw
    1216 posts Professional
    Yes
    Better players defo play better, but Gorilla would beat me with a bronze team no matter who I run
    If you play full ICON and he plays bronze, every G1+ player would beat him. So it's P2W
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    Other - Explain
    Depends, kinda like a few people have said, some matches things just happens where you think, WTF, whether that's for or against, sometimes average players play like superstars, sometimes superstars play like average players, but ultimately I'd say, for the average player, like me, it makes a tiny difference using top players, but as I'm the one using them, it won't change drastically

Just like you can give some YTers a bronze team and they win D1, that's because they're good at the game, plain and simple, your players are just your tools, which may only play a part in 5 - 10% of the outcome

Oh, just to add, I think it's only certain stats what make the difference aswell, off the top of my head, finishing/strength/aggression mainly, aside from pace which alot of players have
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    29587 posts Player of the Year
    Yes
    This is the first year that having the better players is CLEARLY a benefit imo.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    No
    Adamski wrote: »
    In WL my ceiling with a **** team is Elite 1/34, with an expensive team I can hit 36-38+, the game is hit and miss with all teams but it definitely matters

Anyone can hit 38 on ps :trollface:
  • DoD_Jester
    26138 posts Player of the Year
    Other - Explain
    Better players yes

But don't underestimate the need for balance, I've brought in players before that are slightly different to what I'm used to and it totally throws my game off
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    No
    Diggy wrote: »
    No delay yes delay you might aswell have bronzes

This. When connection is smooth you will destroy someone on your level but with delay it's a coin toss
  • Keano
    9856 posts League Winner
    Yes
    Overall yes, it'll get you a few more wins every weekend etc as they'll pull more off, but that's aslong as you dont start thinking " this players better so he can do more" which means you end up getting lazy & not playing properly etc.

ADP for example can pull off magic, but if you're being lazy & not concentrating then he'll play like any other player.
  • SGLT
    5925 posts Big Money Move
    Other - Explain

I’d agree with this I’ve just played a few games and the first 2 it just felt like I couldn’t control my team and players couldn’t move, then the next 2 everything felt good and players reacted to what I was trying to do, I’ve got a pretty stacked team
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Other - Explain
    SGLT wrote: »

I’d agree with this I’ve just played a few games and the first 2 it just felt like I couldn’t control my team and players couldn’t move, then the next 2 everything felt good and players reacted to what I was trying to do, I’ve got a pretty stacked team

Happens to me alot, some games they play to their stats, some days they simply don't
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    2619 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes
    Jesus is OP, but Pele is much much better. The difference is obvious. Just an example, but this applies elsewhere.