Anybody use Rijkaard yet?

Dharps19
1296 posts Play-Off Hero
I really need a Center mid icon (preferably a more defensive minded one) to link up everybody in my hybrid and I was thinking about getting him. Is there a better option than rijkaard? If he isn't very good this year is there a better icon that's worth it over him? My budget is around 700k. (Would be next to Nainggolan and Vidal in a 4321)

Comments

• antoniolafortezza
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have him, he's nothing special to be honest - feels pretty similar to Casemiro. You could get away with Blanc with a Sentinel Chem Style if you have Nainggolan and Vidal next to him, but for a great icon CDM the next step up is 86 Vieira.
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    Real force at the midfield, reslly sets his mark on the game. Only downside he gets forward alot.
  • awful
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    Futmas Fabinho has been noticeably better than 86 Rijkaard for me.
  • Lcfc
    2818 posts National Call-Up

I’ve Hurd that card is good
  • jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    Lcfc wrote: »

I’ve Hurd that card is good

Very true. Can play him on 7 Chem as cb as well, plays amazing for me there

• I have him, he's nothing special to be honest - feels pretty similar to Casemiro. You could get away with Blanc with a Sentinel Chem Style if you have Nainggolan and Vidal next to him, but for a great icon CDM the next step up is 86 Vieira.

Agreed, and highly recommend Blanc. Unless you want to spend over a million get Blanc and throw a shadow chem on him.
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    Desailly > blanc >Rijkaard