Best formation for scoring goals?

Owls4everr
243 posts Sunday League Hero
Currently playing 4231 with 3 cams.

I dominate every game, 60% possession etc Occasionally I will hammer someone 5-0 etc I’m in Div 1 but I always win games 1-0 when I should be 3 goals to the good.

Unsure if my chances are not as good as not playing 41212 like the pros are like Boras etc.

Is 41212 the best Formation for scoring goals.

Comments

• CoachDavio
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Any formation is good at scoring goals depending on the opponents formation. It’s a bit like rock scissor paper
  • Kove
    4111 posts National Call-Up
    3421 probably
  • RayS
    26665 posts Player of the Year
    Personally like the 1–1-8 formation

In seriousness, the 3-4-2-1 is quite a good attacking formation with the right CTs
  • Owls4everr
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    @RayS I’m alright at defending think I would struggle with 3 at the back though!
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    4-3-2-1 in my opinion.

You just counter. I don't like playing possession because it's just so hard for me to score inside the box, literally the goals i score are **** goals.
  • SeaDawgBob
    940 posts Professional
    4312 and have the WBs set to overlap. You’ll score tons, but you’re really vulnerable to the counter
  • EisenErmin
    6451 posts Big Money Move
    4222 with converted strikers at wide cam positions (Jesus and Gnabry) and play on attacking mentality from the beginning. I rarely score less than 4 goals.
  • Littleland95
    17079 posts Moderator
    4-4-1-1 will give you so many attacking options. But you need to be decent at defending as counter do happen.
  • djvkool43
    720 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »
    4312 and have the WBs set to overlap. You’ll score tons, but you’re really vulnerable to the counter

Agreed

To make myself less vulnerable, I set my RCM and LCM to stay back, my CCM to stay forward, and full backs to always overlap

Use full backs with at least 85+ crossing, and at least one of the ST is big and strong with good heading ability - then set crossing to at least 70 in CT