Legends or Icons?

Santiago
21486 posts Club Captain
edited December 2017
Which ones do you prefer? Not talking about how they perform but more about EA having less players but they have 3 versions vs way more players but just one single card. What 'system' do you like the most?

Legends or Icons? 131 votes

Legends (1 card for every player)
72%
JJCampinoMike_PickfordEduOllemanmurazorSmudgeOtisRenNornIronBarslundLeonidasJBReusWoundedGoatTrueBlueBl00dFabBrownie1524Oliver PowellSamuel Eto'orckstr 95 votes
Icons (Way less players but they all have 3 cards)
27%
EddieFicioAgent VZShaanxzjjmmww1OzzSercsXxRichiexRichxXThockey47(2)Everton1878fluffymnuffyAbsting159WFCBagnallSebCFC123Ker_MitKnowlesdinhoFC MaexleSKhan31nathswfcDaveSavesstellar 36 votes

Comments

• No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    I’m not sure tbh
  • SGLT
    6191 posts Big Money Move
    For me I just want to use the best version, just see icons as another way to fleece us
  • BWild
    3128 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2017
    SGLT wrote: »
    For me I just want to use the best version, just see icons as another way to fleece us
    This. With the multiple versions you essentially experience FOMO all year.
  • Edu
    6503 posts Big Money Move
    More players and less versions.
    Some players are useless having 3 versions.
    Okocha 85 and 87 are already at the same price.
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    Half of he icons are barely even upgraded and the ones that are have useless lower versions so what's the point. I'd rather have a bigger list of legends rather than 3 identical versions of the same player.
  • Habs
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pointless having 3 versions of each player, especially when most of the lower versions are trash and overpriced when compared to NIF in similar positions.
  • Brownie1524
    9172 posts League Winner
    More legends = more options.
  • Hibee
    11661 posts Has That Special Something
    That's a no brainier. The more Icons the better. The bigger problem is Icons being used for SBCs, meaning prices will never be low like before. You could have Valderamma, Furte and Pauleta for the cost of the cheapest Icon now.
  • Ghoti
    724 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hibee wrote: »
    That's a no brainier. The more Icons the better. The bigger problem is Icons being used for SBCs, meaning prices will never be low like before. You could have Valderamma, Furte and Pauleta for the cost of the cheapest Icon now.

Baresi Moore hierro.
  • Hibee
    Ghoti wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »

Baresi Moore hierro.

Such a shame Baresi isn't in the game.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    @Everton1878 @SKhan31 @Probe9 @WFCBagnall

Why did you pick icons?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31349 posts National Team Captain
    I like the concept of having cards for different stages of their career featuring different stats and positions.

Ultimately I really don’t care. They should add more icons. I think they just dropped the ball with the timing of all the licenses expiring and focused heavily on landing some bigger names which tbf are names many of us have been begging for. Just gimme my Best back.
  • Everton1878
    2181 posts Fans' Favourite
    Santiago wrote: »

Why did you pick icons?

I couldn't afford the top end legends ever but can afford icons.. Could just be I have more coins this yesr
  • WFCBagnall
    69071 posts Moderator

Why did you pick icons?

I prefer the concept of a card having three different cards to represent different times in their career.

But to make them even better they need to

1. Have all versions available at all times
    2. Should have kept the legends from last year and just added to them, more need adding next year.
    3. Each and every icon needs to have different in game faces like the select five do.

Pretty dumb having a prime ADP with a bald card picture and him having hair in game.
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    icons easily, lets be honest most legends were irrelevant
  • Reus
    22316 posts Club Captain
    Half of he icons are barely even upgraded and the ones that are have useless lower versions so what's the point. I'd rather have a bigger list of legends rather than 3 identical versions of the same player.

• Reus
    22316 posts Club Captain

Why did you pick icons?

I couldn't afford the top end legends ever but can afford icons.. Could just be I have more coins this yesr

It must be that as loads of legends were way cheaper than icons
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Why did you pick icons?

I prefer the concept of a card having three different cards to represent different times in their career.

But to make them even better they need to

1. Have all versions available at all times
    2. Should have kept the legends from last year and just added to them, more need adding next year.
    3. Each and every icon needs to have different in game faces like the select five do.

Pretty dumb having a prime ADP with a bald card picture and him having hair in game.

Agreed.

The schedule is the worst thing about Icons
  • Diggy
    13531 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m not sure I like some of the position changes but miss the 41 we lost
  • Hibee
    SebCFC123 wrote: »
    icons easily, lets be honest most legends were irrelevant

Totally disagree. Maybe irrelevant to you but many enjoyed using them.
  • SKhan31
    1028 posts Professional
    Like the fact that there's three of each icon adding variety but they should definitely add back those that were in the game last year. As said before to actually represent each stage of the Icons career they should change the game faces. It's great we have 3 versions of ADP for example but they need to add in more Icons.
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    There doesn't need to be 3 versions of the same player

Not when it comes at the expense of other icons
  • Everton1878
    2181 posts Fans' Favourite
    Reus wrote: »

Why did you pick icons?

Not sure about high end ones...

I think it'd be better if each icon had 2 - normal and prime but there were more of them
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    The icon system has massive potential.

If it was up to me I would make a number of changes though.

1. Increase the number of cards from 3 to 5. Provide players real value in choosing which icon they want.
    2. I don't mind there being prime SBC for them but releasing them in this manner is really poor. It is killing the hype for icons a) don't want to buy because you might lose coins when they release the prime b) it is artificially inflating all icon prices (even bad ones).
    3. The number of unique players is far too low. Certain positions are baron as it stands. I would ideally increase this significantly. We lost way too many from 17 to 18. Bit stale because of it.
    4. A lot like 2, have prime cards available at launch. January for Vieira....
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Why did you pick icons?

Tbf, the SBCs this year skew that. Most lower end icons are expensive because of the SBCs. Take that away and a fair amount of them would be sitting around the 200k mark right now
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Also having variety is better for prices. Give us a choice at RM for instance. You can choose between Best, Ljungberg and Best on FIFA 17. You only have 1 Ockhocha card on 18.
  • Reus
    22316 posts Club Captain

Why did you pick icons?

Tbf, the SBCs this year skew that. Most lower end icons are expensive because of the SBCs. Take that away and a fair amount of them would be sitting around the 200k mark right now

They would be

But they aren't

And never will
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited December 2017

Why did you pick icons?

They would be

But they aren't

And never will

Just take away Prime SBCs imo.
  • WFCBagnall
    69071 posts Moderator

Why did you pick icons?

They would be

But they aren't

And never will

No. Pls. No.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited December 2017
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Why did you pick icons?

They would be

But they aren't

And never will

No. Pls. No.

Lol. I’m not serious. Prime SBCs are the only reason I have Henry :lol: i paid 2.2m for Henry. im not paying the price of his tradable card. F that