Finally qualified for my first WL this year!

dbslbu
1876 posts Fans' Favourite
Got a new PS4 pro yesterday (previous pro was 2nd hand) made all the difference. So fun to play and so smooth. Posted the team on Twitter @theuntradeables if you want to see it!

I’m chuffed to bits!

Comments

• RandomLhama83
    10108 posts Has That Special Something
    goodluck... make sure you practice a lot. you will need it in weekend league. competition is top notch.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Delighted for you, but why would you think the console being brand new would make a difference? There's placebos and then there's placebos!
  • dbslbu
    Cheers lads. Deffo the new console helped. Zero input lag and the game is smoother than its ever been. Even my old pro had input lag. Got it cheap so no complaints, served me well but the new one is quieter, faster and errr whiter!
  • Waspy
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    all the best my man..... conversely i've laid off playing FIFA now for 2 weeks and all the better for it!
  • Ahmed
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Congrats mate, i have my PS4 since release on 2014, you think it is worth upgrading for PS4 Pro ??
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional
    If you think changing to a PS4 pro made all the difference you are dilusional it doesn’t make a bit of difference, you just had a smoother connecting to whatever server they put you on.

I have both PS4’s and can safely say it makes zero difference for Fifa ultimate team.

Well done though! You will soon regret qualifying for the WL mind you lol
  • dbslbu
    Ahmed wrote: »
    Congrats mate, i have my PS4 since release on 2014, you think it is worth upgrading for PS4 Pro ??

100% so much faster. WiFi is doubled and everything is so clear and smooth. 4K monitor or tv would be needed though to see the difference I think.
  • dbslbu
    If you think changing to a PS4 pro made all the difference you are dilusional it doesn’t make a bit of difference, you just had a smoother connecting to whatever server they put you on.

I have both PS4’s and can safely say it makes zero difference for Fifa ultimate team.

I’m not delusional at all. No need to get mildly insulting over an opinion now! It’s made the game much more playable. There’s no lag anywhere and the players do what I want now. Skill moves are finally worthwhile.
  • bloody-fouad
    409 posts Sunday League Hero
    The servers are the cause of the lag not the console.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Well done
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up

Wrong. The network card in his old PS4 could have had a fault and indeed his connection/input suffered from it.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Fletch wrote: »

Wrong. The network card in his old PS4 could have had a fault and indeed his connection/input suffered from it.

• Bozza88
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just remember to have fun, dont get angry
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    Fletch wrote: »

Lol, pretty sure it’s just the rubbish servers
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional
    dbslbu wrote: »

I’m not delusional at all. No need to get mildly insulting over an opinion now! It’s made the game much more playable. There’s no lag anywhere and the players do what I want now. Skill moves are finally worthwhile.

Was more insulting towards EA the PS4 made no difference trust me, I wasted £300 to find that out myself
  • dbslbu
    I dunno man. There’s a massively noticeable difference for me! Could be that the HDMI cable I got with my initial pro wasn’t v2. Could be a lot of things but this is no placebo. Roll on WL. Last year I think I managed 18 wins once. Usually around 15. Thinking I’ll do a bit better this time. We’ll see. Gonna space the games out nice and easy!
  • Swissy
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    Think I need to get a pro purely because I bought a new 4K tv last month so would like to get the most out of the graphics with a pro. Not holding my breath in terms of it improving gameplay though
  • Huxx
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    I dunno man. There’s a massively noticeable difference for me! Could be that the HDMI cable I got with my initial pro wasn’t v2. Could be a lot of things but this is no placebo. Roll on WL. Last year I think I managed 18 wins once. Usually around 15. Thinking I’ll do a bit better this time. We’ll see. Gonna space the games out nice and easy!

nice team, you'll do just fine
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional

After 40 games of games over different servers let us know how you get on. I am betting you will believe me after lol.
  • Dado BL
    1260 posts Professional
    @Fletch @Advait can you please explain what a network card is and how to make sure it's not hindering me?
  • Congratz, have Fun and try to enjoy your games. set targets over multiple games and try to relax when it is not going your way. Goodluck!
  • Demon_reborn
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    I smell fresh meat for the wl :# prepare for people to go balls deep in your net every game!
  • AEsey
    6053 posts Big Money Move
    The untradeables
    Congrats
  • dbslbu
    First 2 games was 1-0 down within seconds. Won the first 3-1 lost the second 3-0. 3rd game a guy with Crespo, Laca, Mbappe and Greiz parked the bus from the off. I won 2-0 aet with 68% possession. Can’t be fun to play so negative with an attacking team and still lose. What a fool. Enjoying so far, tiny touch of input lag in game 2 which was away. Not the reason I lost tho. Guy was better.
  • dbslbu
    2 wins from my first 6. Not great. All losses have been away games. Noticeable input delay when playing away so I’m going to have to be that guy who only plays home games if I want to get a decent amount of wins. Using 41212(2) for the first 10 and then switch to either 41212, 433(2) or 4231 for another 10. Still enjoying the games. Very close.
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional
    2 wins from my first 6. Not great. All losses have been away games. Noticeable input delay when playing away so I’m going to have to be that guy who only plays home games if I want to get a decent amount of wins. Using 41212(2) for the first 10 and then switch to either 41212, 433(2) or 4231 for another 10. Still enjoying the games. Very close.

But would you say the PS4 pro is now making any difference? :-)
  • Kevin
    1836 posts Play-Off Hero

For me it does, the regular PS4 doesn't support 5G, so I need to play online with a 2.4G connection, believe me this makes the lag a lot more also I bought a 4K TV where you also need the pro.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    Cheers lads. Deffo the new console helped. Zero input lag and the game is smoother than its ever been. Even my old pro had input lag. Got it cheap so no complaints, served me well but the new one is quieter, faster and errr whiter!

hahaha people post the funniest ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on here! #inb4thelagmoaningstartsagain
  • dbslbu

I had a pro before. It was a second hand one. That was better than the standard PS4 but the brand new one is performing better. Maybe it was the cable I dunno but I’m enjoying every game now. Fun to play and my players are moving where I want them to for the most part. 7 wins from 14. Gonna try and play as many today as possible.
  • dbslbu
    hayhor1 wrote: »

hahaha people post the funniest **** on here! #inb4thelagmoaningstartsagain

I never really moan about lag I just put up with it or don’t play because of it. I try to keep my negative thoughts on FIFA to myself for the most part as it’s boring all the moaning so I steer clear of those threads.