Unassigned item glitch- and why players should be wary of using it.

13
PelzyWelzy
9184 posts League Winner
edited December 2017
Just wrote this in another thread, but thought it would be interesting to see other players points of view on the issue. Apologies for length of the post :wink:
........................................................................

Some interesting points of view on this unassigned item issue... good to see a lively debate going :smile:

I think people using this should be a little wary though, going by how I've seen EA operate in the past with glitches of this sort in similar products and dealt with people gaining an advantage by using them, which i think is clearly stated in their terms of service.

I think it was last year the following happened in Madden..

In Madden we have what are called 'sets as opposed to 'SBC's, whereby you submit a set of particular cards to get something else back. An upgrade pack, basically.

They released one whereby you had to submit five 85 rated players in exchange for an 87+ rated player. However, as is the EA way they completely ballsed this up (like with being able to submit bronze players in to the Dele Alli SBC last year) and instead of needing 85 rated cards you could submit anything.. 5 bronzes, silvers, literally any card you wanted - and still get the 87+ rated elite card.

Of course this was monumentally abused. Being in the UK and with timezones different I slept through the whole fiasco and kind of glad i did.

Woke up the following morning and the market was in complete chaos.. players costing tens or even hundreds of thousands of coins had flooded the market and were now avaliable for a pittance. Could pick anything up you wanted for basically nothing such were the number on the market. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it reached the point where bronzes to submit in to the sets costs more than the 87+ rated elite cards themselves.

EA had to do something, and boy did they... taking the servers offline, they proceeded to ban everyone who had used the glitch for i think it was 72 hours - wiping out of existence all cards that had been gained from it along with rolling back the market.

Even people who had done this innocently using actual 85 rated cards had theirs wiped and lost the value of them, suffering due to nothing more than other people's greed.

Would i put it past EA to do something similar here? No, not at all... can quite imagine waking up one morning and seeing uproar as everyone's unassigned items list was wiped.. innocent or not (just imagine you had a pricey IF in your unassigned list you had not yet dealt with) EA have proven in the past they dont discriminate when it comes to these issues.

Everyone suffers due to a small minorities greed.

What i find truly astonishing is that the first people to complain if such a thing was to happen will no doubt be the very people who were to blame... those with 600 odd unassigned items currently gloating at the obscene amount of profit they're currently making. This is exactly what happened in Madden - people who had used the glitched set hundreds of times then kicked off when they were punished for it, despite knowing full well it went against Ea's Term of Service guidelines.

So beware, folks... and remember, nothing comes for free with EA. May all seem well and good right now, but before long this could come full circle and bite every single one of us the ****!

Ps. To clarify, I have not used the unassigned item glitch myself and seeing how EA have treated people who've gained a similar advantage abusing glitches in the past never intend to.

It just won't end well.. and players have no one else to blame but themselves.

Comments

  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah doubt EA would help players at all, nice thread btw
  • Futfanatic
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    I agree with you, they should do something about it at some point. Thats why I’m clearing out mine now and I won’t do it anymore.

    Slight issue with your comparison though: this ‘glitch’ as you call it has been in the game for so long now and they do nothing about it, don’t even talk about it or anything. Respect to the Madden guys for taken action like that and fixing their mistake, bit weird that they punished people for their mistake though. Anyway, I think we’re lucky its not the Madden team working on fifa because how this is looking it might be fixed in 2020.
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    Not against TOS.. Besides, its safe to use it if you're not on PC since they always get patches first..
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    I agree with you, they should do something about it at some point. Thats why I’m clearing out mine now and I won’t do it anymore.

    Slight issue with your comparison though: this ‘glitch’ as you call it has been in the game for so long now and they do nothing about it, don’t even talk about it or anything. Respect to the Madden guys for taken action like that and fixing their mistake, bit weird that they punished people for their mistake though. Anyway, I think we’re lucky its not the Madden team working on fifa because how this is looking it might be fixed in 2020.

    Haha, yeah I get your point bro.. do you know how long this unassigned item glitch business has been going on for exactly? I've been playing for years and until very recently didn't have a clue it existed.

    Also agree it was harsh to punish innocent players but looking at it EA would have had to go through millions of accounts one by one to discern who had abused it to gain an advantage. Would have no doubt taken months to fix :joy: Easier for them just to deal with it in one fell swoop... can't blame them really.
  • Futfanatic
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    I agree with you, they should do something about it at some point. Thats why I’m clearing out mine now and I won’t do it anymore.

    Slight issue with your comparison though: this ‘glitch’ as you call it has been in the game for so long now and they do nothing about it, don’t even talk about it or anything. Respect to the Madden guys for taken action like that and fixing their mistake, bit weird that they punished people for their mistake though. Anyway, I think we’re lucky its not the Madden team working on fifa because how this is looking it might be fixed in 2020.

    Haha, yeah I get your point bro.. do you know how long this unassigned item glitch business has been going on for exactly? I've been playing for years and until very recently didn't have a clue it existed.

    Also agree it was harsh to punish innocent players but looking at it EA would have had to go through millions of accounts one by one to discern who had abused it to gain an advantage. Would have no doubt taken months to fix :joy: Easier for them just to deal with it in one fell swoop... can't blame them really.

    There’s been a lot of talk about it recently so now that it is do well-known, EA might be forced to do something soon. It has been here for this whole fifa, I don’t know about last year.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    edited December 2017
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Not against TOS.. Besides, its safe to use it if you're not on PC since they always get patches first..

    Gaining an advantage by using glitches isn't against terms of service? Of course it is.. it's the cornerstone of their TOS :wink:

    And with the patch thing... if i remember correctly (it was quite a while back so excuse me if im wrong) there was no patch to fix the madden issues. It was just a case of servers being taken offline, players and coins wiped, then servers put back online.

    There was no warning, nothing anyone could do to avoid it (trust Fifa players threatened with a glitch being fixed to instantly think of how they can get around it :joy:).. it just happened.
  • Futfanatic
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    Don’t be surprised if EA still don’t have a clue about this though. There are game breaking glitches still in their online competition that they are trying to grow into an e-sport. Might take a while for them to catch on and to care.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Don’t be surprised if EA still don’t have a clue about this though. There are game breaking glitches still in their online competition that they are trying to grow into an e-sport. Might take a while for them to catch on and to care.

    Yep, right there with you bro.. wouldn't surprise me one bit if they had no clue whatsoever this was going on :joy:

    @EA_Andy - any thoughts on the issue?
  • Koll
    1447 posts Professional
    I get your point but the only player EA would guarantee 87+ is a loan player. Nothing more.
  • Futfanatic
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    Koll wrote: »
    I get your point but the only player EA would guarantee 87+ is a loan player. Nothing more.

    Even those loan player packs never give out. :|

    Anyone ever packed something good in their preorder totw loan pack?
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    Koll wrote: »
    I get your point but the only player EA would guarantee 87+ is a loan player. Nothing more.

    Hahaha, so true :joy:
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Koll wrote: »
    I get your point but the only player EA would guarantee 87+ is a loan player. Nothing more.

    Even those loan player packs never give out. :|

    Anyone ever packed something good in their preorder totw loan pack?

    Not one player above 82... think i got Defoe last week, by far the best of them :joy:
  • Futfanatic
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Koll wrote: »
    I get your point but the only player EA would guarantee 87+ is a loan player. Nothing more.

    Even those loan player packs never give out. :|

    Anyone ever packed something good in their preorder totw loan pack?

    Not one player above 82... think i got Defoe last week, by far the best of them :joy:

    Yeah I got Allesandrini once. I thought the point of those packs would be to give us good players to trigger us to want those players but no they cant even do that. To your point about greed man, I won’t lie I have had blinders on towards my goal of getting R94. I’ll do anything thats in a grey area to get him, glitching people online no way but this...we’re dealing with the most greedy gaming company I know here man...we have to take advantage of this. I am not buying fifa points when you see the horrible things people get for their money.
  • mMounirm
    3771 posts National Call-Up
    if only EA knew what communication was. Then they could tell us what they plan to do about it.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    @Futfanatic - I don't blame you mate. To be honest if i hadn't seen how they operated in Madden with that issue I would probably be using it right now... but just remember, they are indeed greedy. If they think for a second this is hurting their bottom line they won't even blink at sorting the issue and wiping people's unassigned lists.

    Can just see it happening.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    mMounirm wrote: »
    if only EA knew what communication was. Then they could tell us what they plan to do about it.

    Agree. Another area the Madden team have For a bear hands down. Constant communication between players and developers.

    Sure, Madden has its issues (some real game breaking ones were at the start of 17), but they do at least try to fix them and converse daily with the player base.
  • Futfanatic
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    @Futfanatic - I don't blame you mate. To be honest if i hadn't seen how they operated in Madden with that issue I would probably be using it right now... but just remember, they are indeed greedy. If they think for a second this is hurting their bottom line they won't even blink at sorting the issue and wiping people's unassigned lists.

    Can just see it happening.

    Well thats good, most people that talk about this give off an air of jealousy. Its good to see that you can make objective arguments about, makes it much easier to discuss.

    For me its looks like I’m stopping with doing it today, will tag you later to show you why. ;)
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    @Futfanatic - I don't blame you mate. To be honest if i hadn't seen how they operated in Madden with that issue I would probably be using it right now... but just remember, they are indeed greedy. If they think for a second this is hurting their bottom line they won't even blink at sorting the issue and wiping people's unassigned lists.

    Can just see it happening.

    Well thats good, most people that talk about this give off an air of jealousy. Its good to see that you can make objective arguments about, makes it much easier to discuss.

    For me its looks like I’m stopping with doing it today, will tag you later to show you why. ;)

    Hahaha, cleared out your list and made your millions already bro? :joy:
  • Futfanatic
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    @Futfanatic - I don't blame you mate. To be honest if i hadn't seen how they operated in Madden with that issue I would probably be using it right now... but just remember, they are indeed greedy. If they think for a second this is hurting their bottom line they won't even blink at sorting the issue and wiping people's unassigned lists.

    Can just see it happening.

    Well thats good, most people that talk about this give off an air of jealousy. Its good to see that you can make objective arguments about, makes it much easier to discuss.

    For me its looks like I’m stopping with doing it today, will tag you later to show you why. ;)

    Hahaha, cleared out your list and made your millions already bro? :joy:

    Not yet, I didn’t stack 83’s and 84’s for weeks, I invested for the futmas sbc’s the whole time untill sunday and bought 82’s to finish my futmas quest. You know people think its all glamour and making easy millions, its hard work mate. Go sell 2.000 players on a day, my nose is flat now from the amount of times I dropped my phone on my face.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9184 posts League Winner
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    @Futfanatic - I don't blame you mate. To be honest if i hadn't seen how they operated in Madden with that issue I would probably be using it right now... but just remember, they are indeed greedy. If they think for a second this is hurting their bottom line they won't even blink at sorting the issue and wiping people's unassigned lists.

    Can just see it happening.

    Well thats good, most people that talk about this give off an air of jealousy. Its good to see that you can make objective arguments about, makes it much easier to discuss.

    For me its looks like I’m stopping with doing it today, will tag you later to show you why. ;)

    Hahaha, cleared out your list and made your millions already bro? :joy:

    Not yet, I didn’t stack 83’s and 84’s for weeks, I invested for the futmas sbc’s the whole time untill sunday and bought 82’s to finish my futmas quest. You know people think its all glamour and making easy millions, its hard work mate. Go sell 2.000 players on a day, my nose is flat now from the amount of times I dropped my phone on my face.

    Ahh man, I feel you. At the start of 18 I was trading like a bandit, did really well but it dawned on me that it was taking up pretty much all my spare time and I was hardly playing.. just can't be bothered to commit to it like i used to.

    Is the constant tracking players prices, worrying if investments have dropped etc which done me in. Used to find I'd wake up middle of the night and rather than get back to sleep I'd automatically repost first, scan the market and get sucked in to it all again. Lol.

    Just keep things simple now. Spent half hour the other day buying up 83's which i kept listed at 4k (sold 80 at that price now, about 30 left to go), occasionally buy up silvers needed for league SBC's on min bid and do a little BPM every now and then but that's about it for me nowadays.

    Trading can feel like a full time job in itself sometimes :joy:
  • Futfanatic
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah I don’t like risk at all, its why I’m stopping with the unassigned thing and going back to good old tradepile and targets. But everything I buy is for discard or close to discard, haven’t bought a single 83/84. I’m going to slow down on trading too because I’ve almost reach my goal.

    Just fill up your club with silvers and bronzes (BPM), you’ll make a nice profit every MM without having to worry.
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Koll wrote: »
    I get your point but the only player EA would guarantee 87+ is a loan player. Nothing more.

    Even those loan player packs never give out. :|

    Anyone ever packed something good in their preorder totw loan pack?
    Discarded every one so far lol total waste
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Koll wrote: »
    I get your point but the only player EA would guarantee 87+ is a loan player. Nothing more.

    Even those loan player packs never give out. :|

    Anyone ever packed something good in their preorder totw loan pack?

    Not one player above 82... think i got Defoe last week, by far the best of them :joy:

    Yeah I got Allesandrini once. I thought the point of those packs would be to give us good players to trigger us to want those players but no they cant even do that. To your point about greed man, I won’t lie I have had blinders on towards my goal of getting R94. I’ll do anything thats in a grey area to get him, glitching people online no way but this...we’re dealing with the most greedy gaming company I know here man...we have to take advantage of this. I am not buying fifa points when you see the horrible things people get for their money.

    And your response is more greed vs your fellow gamers. Hmmm
  • Fredo
    3507 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2017
    lol it's not even a glitch, EA are well aware it's in the game and it is for a reason.
    and this has nothing to do with hoping for a lively debate, you're just trying to **** the ppl up using it by raising awareness.
    you obv didn't have the guts doing it yourself and now you're being a little **** because you are rattled seeing ppl making money with it.
  • Elpistolero91
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA are gonna go in dry on you boys, not a drop of lube.
  • Daveyb
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2017
    Fredo wrote: »
    lol it's not even a glitch, EA are well aware it's in the game and it is for a reason.
    and this has nothing to do with hoping for a lively debate, you're just trying to **** the ppl up using it by raising awareness.
    you obv didn't have the guts doing it yourself and now you're being a little **** because you are rattled seeing ppl making money with it.

    Here he is a again, he's on one about this,lol it proper "takes guts" to stick some cards in an unsigned pile on a game mind its like going in the cage, mountain climbing with no rope and other stuff but this guy can press a button on a game or rather not press a button...nice one mate what a hero...the guys simply pointing out you guys are going to come a cropper when they sort the GLITCH out
  • madwullie
    4112 posts National Call-Up
    Why is it in the game fredo?
  • Futfanatic wrote: »
    Koll wrote: »
    I get your point but the only player EA would guarantee 87+ is a loan player. Nothing more.

    Even those loan player packs never give out. :|

    Anyone ever packed something good in their preorder totw loan pack?

    Got pjanic this week. Hated him thou... Lol...
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Fredo wrote: »
    lol it's not even a glitch, EA are well aware it's in the game and it is for a reason.
    and this has nothing to do with hoping for a lively debate, you're just trying to **** the ppl up using it by raising awareness.
    you obv didn't have the guts doing it yourself and now you're being a little **** because you are rattled seeing ppl making money with it.

    Lol. Such a sad pov. I don’t and won’t do it because it’s wrong. I’ll live within the constraints of my luck and what o can make within my moral boundaries. Has nothing to do with anything else.
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Xtc wrote: »
    Fredo wrote: »
    lol it's not even a glitch, EA are well aware it's in the game and it is for a reason.
    and this has nothing to do with hoping for a lively debate, you're just trying to **** the ppl up using it by raising awareness.
    you obv didn't have the guts doing it yourself and now you're being a little **** because you are rattled seeing ppl making money with it.

    Lol. Such a sad pov. I don’t and won’t do it because it’s wrong. I’ll live within the constraints of my luck and what o can make within my moral boundaries. Has nothing to do with anything else.

    Bit deep for buying a few players on a game
Sign In or Register to comment.