2017 was a lot of things for the world, but one thing is was clearly was a bad year for EA. EA is once again synonymous for the worst in AAA gaming. EA had a bad year, mostly from Starwars and Mass Effect, but FIFA came in for some righteous criticism too. People are really getting fed up with micro transactions and there are enough amazing games that an AAA ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is a lot easier to notice and criticize. Most importantly EA got hurt where it counts: the wallet and their stock price! WIll they learn, will they actually make a better FIFA next year? Here are ten critical things they need to do next year to improve FIFA:
1. Make a good World Cup game, not a cash grab FUT add on. The first and easiest thing to do. Copy paste the 2010 game if you have to. That was what a good sports game was and still should be.
2. Admit FIFA has not improved enough this generation and that there are major flaws in gameplay. Ending denial is the hardest thing to do sometimes.
3. Stop lying that you don't get actionable feedback. One of the most infuriating things EA did this past year was the EA people who reacted to FIXFIFA with "whatever do you mean?" and "that's not feedback." You've been given detailed lists for years here on youtube and on reddit and most of it has been ignored.
4. Listen to people who play your games more than bankers who finance them.
5. Respect football. This should be a game that replicates football not a gambling card game.
6. Less automation more user control. I push button actions should be taken, I don't push button, action not taken. Figure it out!
7. Customization is key. One of the worst things about FIFA is they near total lack of the ability to edit and create. Bring back creation centre, let me edit youth players, let me change haircuts and beards.
8. More focus on offline modes. There is a large chuck of the gaming community that hates online and EA has been giving them the short stick.
9. Career Mode must be substantially and fundamentally improved. So many lists, so many things ignored, so many bugs, such an insult to the game of football.
10. Learn to make games fun, not awful. FIFA just hasn't been about fun for a long time when you aren't in control of your man, when so little changes every year when the game is so obviously about addicting kids to gambling, you are doing it wrong.