How many of you play this formation regularly? I don't see many posts on it but decided to give it a try and I think I finally found a formation that works for my style play. You can play down the middle with buildup and if you leave the wing backs on balanced they push up nicely to fill the wings so you can get them the ball for crosses into the box. Not the strongest defensively but I'd rather play a 4-3 game than a 1-0 anyway.

Comments

• CosmicDance
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah, for me it's the best formation to use.

Suits my play style too, I tend to use a CAM with good long shots, outside CM's with around 70 pace and then the middle with good defensive stats.
  • Juked By Neymar
    3456 posts National Call-Up
    I do occasionally but usually more switching to it at times in a game when I need to change it up. Prefer 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1
  • Yeah, for me it's the best formation to use.

Suits my play style too, I tend to use a CAM with good long shots, outside CM's with around 70 pace and then the middle with good defensive stats.

Yeah, I find CAM with good long shot is a must this year
  • TyroneSpong
    40 posts Park Captain
    Yeah, for me it's the best formation to use.

Is it good in WL? And does it really differ from the 41212(2)?
  • Yeah, for me it's the best formation to use.

Is it good in WL? And does it really differ from the 41212(2)?

I'm going to try it this weekend. Yes, feels much better than 41212(2). Not as narrow. Have some options a little wider.
  • Andys_rtg
    501 posts Sunday League Hero
    I find it hard to get chem with 4312 , cause even a complete triangle off strong links between CB lb and cm .. you still need one other soft link for t chem
  • Andys_rtg wrote: »
    I find it hard to get chem with 4312 , cause even a complete triangle off strong links between CB lb and cm .. you still need one other soft link for t chem

Makes sense. I play a full Calcio A team so I don't have that issue.
  • Andys_rtg
    501 posts Sunday League Hero
    wwffan99tx wrote: »
    Andys_rtg wrote: »

Makes sense. I play a full Calcio A team so I don't have that issue.
    Yea let's say you use Manolas Florenzie and naingollen in a 4312 you would struggle to find the soft link for Manolas in a hybrid unless ya go sokrites as the other CB but then your limited from there. Chemistry is the reason I hate this game ... I have an class team in my opinion but one of my players in on 8 chemistry and that frustrates me
  • Shade98818
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My go-to formation in past FIFA's. The only reason I use 41212(2) this year, is because of the CDM, which is so crucial this year.